2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 07:51 PM)
I think he was trying to make reference to this specific year of the GSW.

I don't know, I don't get what he's saying either, I'm just quoting your post to say your sig is awesome.

Yeah. There are better examples to use.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
Truly terrible modern NBA coach. He had a bad roster, and made sure it was as bad as possible.

Some coaches do deserve second chances due to crappy roster, but Scott is just done.

When you come in talkin' about shooting less three pointers your ship pretty much sailed in 1989.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
This stinks that we won't get a full strengh Warriors - Spurs series. That was destined to be one for the ages. I think the Spurs might have taken them anyway, but the excuse is already there.

Well, that's kind of a pretty legit excuse if he's hobbled or, even worse, can't play. Anything official yet?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
I hadn't seen anything official. I did hear that his teammates all know what the actual injury is, they are just waiting for MRI to confirm. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Oh that has to be bad. Doesnt all the major knee injuries show signs before actually running the tests? If he just sprained it you wouldnt really know what the injury is (like his team mates are saying) for sure until you ran the MRI to be sure.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 12:41 PM)
Oh that has to be bad. Doesnt all the major knee injuries show signs before actually running the tests? If he just sprained it you wouldnt really know what the injury is (like his team mates are saying) for sure until you ran the MRI to be sure.

Sounds bad to me too.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2016/4/25...warriors-game-4

Not new news, but this would make you believe he's out at least a minimum of 15 days, potentially longer, depending on the extent of the sprain.

So what you're saying is, Golden State should go to 7 games on every series until the conference finals?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
They seem to have information no one else has...

Yeah I don't know. They can often break stuff before even before Twitter does but almost never see sports news come across the wire. Theyre reporting on it since it affects Under Armor stock, alongside the Brady news, not a good day for them. We'll find out soon enough either way I guess.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 02:03 PM)
My news service subscription just said torn acl. No idea why they're reporting on that, but there you go.

It's really hard to walk on a torn ACL. It's possible, but a torn MCL makes more sense.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
It's really hard to walk on a torn ACL. It's possible, but a torn MCL makes more sense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 02:21 PM)
Straight lines? No. Any kind of turns, absolutely.

I played competitive sports on a torn ACL and meniscus for eight months - I didn't know it was torn for seven of those.

So it's possible.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
Well, that's kind of a pretty legit excuse if he's hobbled or, even worse, can't play. Anything official yet?

I didn't mean that the excuse wouldn't be valid. It's just, as fans, we don't know what the outcome would have been with both teams being healthy. It happens in sports (stars injured), but this was one as a non-partial observer, I would have enjoyed.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
Well now they said officially a grade 1 sprain out 2 weeks so there's that.

And they seemed to have gotten that from Woj. So confirmed I guess.

That's a shame. On the other hand, it does put some more intrigue into the NBA playoffs. There is no way that team is getting beat 4 times out of 7 if they are at full strength.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
I played competitive sports on a torn ACL and meniscus for eight months - I didn't know it was torn for seven of those.

So it's possible.

I watched a guy tear his ACL/MCL on a slide at home plate. He tried playing more of the game. He could stand and run in a straight line OK. But he would literally collapse if he tried any kind of lateral motion.