2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 03:34 AM)
What was worse, Rose's injuries or Pennies? I'd argue Rose's but Penny had Shaq so who knows what that would have turned into. I still think Bulls win a title the year Rose went down. He was so f***ing good pre-injury. Was watching highlights of old Rose last night and I forgot just how f***ing nasty he was. So aggressive, so much killer instinct. Made me realize just how much his regression is due to his mental regression / fear vs. physical loss.

i just don't know, i had to go and look up the stats,

penny played 4 season before he got hurt. he came back and still play full out until he got hurt again, but played thru the pain.

rose, played 3 season before he got hurt. i will leave it here, b/c i know i am biased against rose.

but you make a great comparisons between the 2. i really don't know which way i would pick, if it wasn't for my petty bias. however i would like to also point out they both played different roles with their team.

this really can go either way, at least for me.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
Rose is expiring, his value is freeing up the cap space plus potentially a pick. Rose got better and better as the season went on. Given where the cap is, they can move him and cap space is a valuable asset.

The bulls are screwed cap space is fine but nobody is coming here and every team will have space. The bulls will be in the lottery for at least the next fouryears .

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 10:34 PM)
What was worse, Rose's injuries or Pennies? I'd argue Rose's but Penny had Shaq so who knows what that would have turned into. I still think Bulls win a title the year Rose went down. He was so f***ing good pre-injury. Was watching highlights of old Rose last night and I forgot just how f***ing nasty he was. So aggressive, so much killer instinct. Made me realize just how much his regression is due to his mental regression / fear vs. physical loss.

Rose for sure. Penny's knees gave out the year Shaq got low balled and left. Penny was the better overall player, but Rose was the franchise. The only one I'd say was even worse was Grant Hill who SHOULD have been one of the all time greats. Phenomenal player.

Thon Maker cleared for the NBA draft out of HS. If you don't know who he is, YouTube him, he looks fantastic.

Where do you think a guy like him will go? I would love replacing Pau and Noah with this guy. Probably no chance unless they get lucky in the lottery right?

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 09:17 AM)
Thon Maker cleared for the NBA draft out of HS. If you don't know who he is, YouTube him, he looks fantastic.

Where do you think a guy like him will go? I would love replacing Pau and Noah with this guy. Probably no chance unless they get lucky in the lottery right?

Woj said he has really regressed and will most likely be drafted in the 2nd round and spend at least a couple years in the D League.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)
Woj said he has really regressed and will most likely be drafted in the 2nd round and spend at least a couple years in the D League.

Wow, that's really surprising to me. Kid looks like a monster. I guess basing things off a mixtape highlight reel is a bad way to scout a kid.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
Wow, that's really surprising to me. Kid looks like a monster. I guess basing things off a mixtape highlight reel is a bad way to scout a kid.

He has a ton of development work to go to actually be able to play the game at the next level. If you ask me, odds are slim that he ever makes it because he is so raw.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 01:08 AM)
The bulls are screwed cap space is fine but nobody is coming here and every team will have space. The bulls will be in the lottery for at least the next fouryears .

Why exactly are they screwed cap space wise? The only long-term deal they have is Butler (outside of rookies) and he's deal is extremely fair, especially given the new cap. Rose is a free agent after this year. In no way, shape or form are they in a bad spot cap wise. In fact, they could have all the flexibility in the world to offer Durant a max deal right now and if they moved Rose and Taj, you'd be talking about having room for two max players (now I'm not advocating going after 2 max guys in FA as I don't think this class can do it, unless of course you are talking KD).

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)

He's a 19 year old 7 footer. He'll go in round 1. Go look at lottery picks every year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 10:20 AM)
Why exactly are they screwed cap space wise? The only long-term deal they have is Butler (outside of rookies) and he's deal is extremely fair, especially given the new cap. Rose is a free agent after this year. In no way, shape or form are they in a bad spot cap wise. In fact, they could have all the flexibility in the world to offer Durant a max deal right now and if they moved Rose and Taj, you'd be talking about having room for two max players (now I'm not advocating going after 2 max guys in FA as I don't think this class can do it, unless of course you are talking KD).

Nobody is screwed with cap space, the cap is going up for everyone. That's why Gars comments about valuable cap space are so f***ing stupid, everyone is going to get a big bump with the new tv deals

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 08:52 AM)
Nobody is screwed with cap space, the cap is going up for everyone. That's why Gars comments about valuable cap space are so f***ing stupid, everyone is going to get a big bump with the new tv deals

Agree...but we are in a better spot than a lot of franchises in regards to it. But you are 100%, it is why this year, having cap space isn't so valuable. After plenty of mediocre teams blow that space on crappy non star players, than maybe a year from now, if you position yourself properly you could have a shot. I still think this franchise needs to align itself and get Anthony Davis and put him with Buckets and a distributing point guard. Find a way.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)

man, i really like that song in the background... any ideas??

now ref to Thon, i see him as a #2-3 kind of a pick, just on pure talent. but i still think Ben Simmons is the bona fide #1. hands down.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)

yeah i agree, but his talent alone looks superb, so got to see in the pre-draft camps.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)

I can see it or at best.. a late 1st. Kid doesn't even look that athletic. Maybe it's because I still have DeAndre Jordan's mixtape in my head. He was a freak of nature.

You just have to keep in mind that Maker is a 7 footer playing against high school kids. When he goes up against someone his size with similar athleticism, he is gonna see that it isn't a walk in the park

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 04:51 PM)
You just have to keep in mind that Maker is a 7 footer playing against high school kids. When he goes up against someone his size with similar athleticism, he is gonna see that it isn't a walk in the park

Definitely this. Byron Mullens looked like a monster on his high school mixtapes too.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 03:23 AM)
Definitely this. Byron Mullens looked like a monster on his high school mixtapes too.

i will give credit to those who are saying that he is a kid going up hs'ers. but next yr, he will also have another yr of growth and development on his side, he will have another yr of maturity and better understanding of his body and of the game.

don't get me wrong, i think he should go the college route, but he is not. oh well. i will wait for the predraft camps to hear the rpts on him.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 04:23 AM)

but with Thon, many has to also remember is, he will be developing both socially and physically next yr. he will be maturing, so yeah, as of right now, he is a raw prospect.

during the pre-draft process, we will get a better feel for him as rpts will filter out of these camps.