2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 12:01 AM)
Yep. He had about 45 pts on 45 shots with roughly 3 minutes to go. And from that point on he went crazy and the Jazz forgot how to play basketball.

If only we got OT, he could have gotten that 100 game.

Or he''d die of exhaustion.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not taking anything away from Kobe because that was amazing, but it looked like Utah was just letting him have some of those baskets and open jumpers. Again nothing mattered in this game other than send an all time great off, but man Utah was getting hacked the last 4 or 5 minutes and couldn't get a call. Kind of looked staged to me!!!! What an ending though.

Much like when Kobe upstaged Championship Sunday in 2006 with his 81 point performance, he does the same on a night the Warriors make epic history. I can't even remember an nba that didn't have Kobe in it. Nuts. As has been stated, he was magnificent in the 4th quarter against a REALLY good defensive team in the Jazz.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 02:49 AM)
GARPAX press conference summed up:

EVERYONE IS ACCOUNTABLE

except us. we aren't going anywhere ;)

RUH ROH:

On being committed to Butler, Gar: “We have to explore all options. I don’t think anything’s off the table with the year we’ve had."

that is one big crock of shiite. how can the main antagonist of this whole thing goes unscathed. this to total bulls***.

the only way they, the owners will do anything if they loose money...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 06:24 AM)
What a cowardly press conference. Holding it while Sox, Hawks and Cubs are all playing, saying a bunch of bulls*** that means absolutely nothing.

They can all go now

Agreed. Totally planned to be under the radar and poorly attended. Cowardly move.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 12:24 PM)
What a cowardly press conference. Holding it while Sox, Hawks and Cubs are all playing, saying a bunch of bulls*** that means absolutely nothing.

They can all go now

they could have said this b/s several days ago..... cmon, give the fans a lot more credit than assuming they are a bunch of illiterate people ...

remember, they will need these people, the ones they think so low, to buy tickets next yr.

for fvvcke sake. the owners can't get their heads out of their arse and see.

i am wondering it they are implying that the players are at fault????

Going back to Pax talking last night. What a sleeze of an organization talking about the season after beating the 76ers on the last day of the year, Cubs, Sox, Hawks, Warriors, and Kobe all playing.

Saying it's unacceptable how this season went, but we had so many injuries.

Bulls are SO lucky the draft is here in 2 weeks, Sox and Cubs have gotten off to good starts, and the Hawks are in the playoffs.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 02:31 PM)
Going back to Pax talking last night. What a sleeze of an organization talking about the season after beating the 76ers on the last day of the year, Cubs, Sox, Hawks, Warriors, and Kobe all playing.

Saying it's unacceptable how this season went, but we had so many injuries.

Bulls are SO lucky the draft is here in 2 weeks, Sox and Cubs have gotten off to good starts, and the Hawks are in the playoffs.

that was the insinuation i was hedging on, blaming the players or circumstance for the problem when the problem is in the FO.

that other problem is not having the knowledge of seeing that the bulls needed to make other moves / trades.

I just don't get it. Basically their summary is that the team failed because of Jimmy/Rose...

But their roster construction was insane. A logjam of 5 competent front court players with disparate styles that struggled to play together, and a paper thin backcourt with very little difference in style that struggled to execute pace.

Remove the one element that held them together (defense) and "whoa, can't believe that didn't work!"

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
I just don't get it. Basically their summary is that the team failed because of Jimmy/Rose...

But their roster construction was insane. A logjam of 5 competent front court players with disparate styles that struggled to play together, and a paper thin backcourt with very little difference in style that struggled to execute pace.

Remove the one element that held them together (defense) and "whoa, can't believe that didn't work!"

this is not against your pov, but i like to further ask, What was last yr excuse

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 08:05 AM)
I am very disappointed Gar Forman is not gone.

Gar basically hid behind Pax who had to give all the answers. The couple times Gar spoke it was weak. Paxson on the other hand, I continue to think he is a good and bright basketball mind and the tone was, I'm going to fix it which I presume means Gar takes a lesser role and Pax starts calling more shots. I still don't see how Gar sticks around based upon some of the leaks and the pure decision he made around axing Thibs in the first place.

Pax had some quotes which essentially were slaps in the face for Hoiberg. Essentially saying, he needs to figure out how to actually coach and hold players accountable and be focused in the details, etc. He obviously had strong tones for Rose and Butler as well, with focus on Rose being he needs to play defense and for Jimmy the fact that leaders don't lead in the press and talk about leading, they just lead. Pax also blasted the team's conditioning, will, etc.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/04/13/bul...k-in-nba-draft/

The Bulls will have five of the 1,000 possible lottery combinations, giving them a 0.5 percent chance of nabbing the top pick. The lottery decides the top three picks, with the rest of the draft order falling in line from worst record on down. Chicago has about a 0.6 percent chance at nabbing the No. 2 pick and a 0.7 percent shot at getting the No. 3 selection.

The Bulls vaulted from the No. 9 spot to No. 1 with 1.7-percent odds in 2008, then drafted Derrick Rose with the first overall pick.

The Kings owe the Bulls a first-round pick, but it’s top-10 protected. As of now, that looks unlikely to convey, because Sacramento’s tied for the eighth-worst record in the league. The Kings will be a part of a three-team random drawing to decide the 8-9-10 spots in the allotment of lottery combinations. Even if they slip to the No. 10 spot, a team between 11 and 14 would still have to jump the the Kings to push them out of the top 10 and their pick to the Bulls.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
Gar basically hid behind Pax who had to give all the answers. The couple times Gar spoke it was weak. Paxson on the other hand, I continue to think he is a good and bright basketball mind and the tone was, I'm going to fix it which I presume means Gar takes a lesser role and Pax starts calling more shots. I still don't see how Gar sticks around based upon some of the leaks and the pure decision he made around axing Thibs in the first place.

Pax had some quotes which essentially were slaps in the face for Hoiberg. Essentially saying, he needs to figure out how to actually coach and hold players accountable and be focused in the details, etc. He obviously had strong tones for Rose and Butler as well, with focus on Rose being he needs to play defense and for Jimmy the fact that leaders don't lead in the press and talk about leading, they just lead. Pax also blasted the team's conditioning, will, etc.

ok with my ranting against gar, but the FO needs to accept the blame as well. esp with the draft coming....

they will need to make some hard sacrificing in the personnel they will put on the floor. there is no saving some, for a hope to make the playoff and more.

a total rebuild is needed.

ok with the draft around the corner, i really do not follow any playoff, unless a chi team in it.

so the draft picks i really like is -

~ Ben Simmons-pf or any other position. a real talent here

~ Jaylen Brown - sg/sf, i would like to see him at a sg, this is the last of the top 10. imo

~ Dejounte Murray sg/pg, i can see this player at pg.

~ this is the pick i like 2nd to simmons pick. - Diamond Stone, pf/c he is a monster with an attitude

any one will help.