2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
This is what was said in the earlier Goodwill article.

Unless we got a guaranteed 1st, I wouldn't have made that trade. Would have put the Bulls in a worse long-term position due to Koufas contract. Another report had indicated Pax was for it but the Bulls were ultimately the destroyer of the deal when Gar convinced everyone to roll with Pau with MJD getting back as he thought the team might have a run left in them.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
So the pick was going to be lowered.

Damn.

No, that article said that the Kings balked at lowering the protection on the pick and then the Bulls declined to go any further.

Based on that article, when the Sixers got involved, the Bulls would have gotten McLemore and Koufos for Gasol, Snell, Hinrich and a 2nd with no changes to the protection on the Deng pick...

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 04:26 PM)
No, that article said that the Kings balked at lowering the protection on the pick and then the Bulls declined to go any further.

Based on that article, when the Sixers got involved, the Bulls would have gotten McLemore and Koufos for Gasol, Snell, Hinrich and a 2nd with no changes to the protection on the Deng pick...

Ah, my bad.

I would have thought this would have taken traction on real gm bulls board, but I haven't seen anything. Curious to see whether this ends up being true or not (not saying you are making up, just whether the reporters are accurate). If the Goff's of the world are reporting it, you'd have to figure Cowley, KC, and others would get to that point.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
I would have thought this would have taken traction on real gm bulls board, but I haven't seen anything. Curious to see whether this ends up being true or not (not saying you are making up, just whether the reporters are accurate). If the Goff's of the world are reporting it, you'd have to figure Cowley, KC, and others would get to that point.

Yeah a GM being out on his ass is pretty big news in Chicago.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 03:31 PM)
Westgate has the money line on GSW at +9900 tonight. I've never seen that before.

So seriously, I could put $1 down on Memphis and get significant cash? Technically GSW is -9900. Memphis is at +2200. Tempting to put it down. If it was 9900 I would have done it. I'd wager $100 for a shot at $9900. Crazier things have happened. Moneyline at SIA (whatever that is) is +3740. is there a way to bet online at these odds? Kind of a fun $10 buck bet or something.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)

Cowley has been reporting that Gar is in self preservation mode since before the trade deadline, but you would never hear KC speculate something like that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
Cowley has been reporting that Gar is in self preservation mode since before the trade deadline, but you would never hear KC speculate something like that.

Agreed...but today's reports are that Gar is presumed out. I haven't heard anyone actually speculate he is truly out. I've seen most speculate that it will be status quo but he'll be on notice. So this would be a big difference (and agree KC would never do so early). I was stunned when KC had his recent piece out (which made me think Pax was the person pushing the message which meant Gar was out but than KC of course qualified it by saying he expected no changes).

GARPAX press conference summed up:

EVERYONE IS ACCOUNTABLE

except us. we aren't going anywhere ;)

RUH ROH:

On being committed to Butler, Gar: “We have to explore all options. I don’t think anything’s off the table with the year we’ve had."

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 10:07 PM)
They keep mentioning an exclusive club of athletes to spend 20+ years with one team, but aren't mentioning Ted Lyons.

I mean across everything covering Kobe. A lot of them even include older baseball players.