2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2016 -> 10:20 AM)
Hasn't been confirmed yet. But it looks like Avery Bradley could be out for the playoffs. Huge bomb for the Celtics. So sick of these types of injuries happening every f***ing postseason. Would just like to see one postseason in which nobody gets hurt.

Doesn't matter in the big picture of the playoffs but it's definitely robbing us of what could have been a pretty epic series between Boston and Atlanta.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 17, 2016 -> 11:16 AM)
Doesn't matter in the big picture of the playoffs but it's definitely robbing us of what could have been a pretty epic series between Boston and Atlanta.

True. I just hate those four words: "out for the playoffs." You just know somebody or somebodies are going to go down that will alter the big picture of the playoffs between now and June.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)
True. I just hate those four words: "out for the playoffs." You just know somebody or somebodies are going to go down that will alter the big picture of the playoffs between now and June.

For sure. And with most of these West series going to be clunkers, it sucks to have one of the series in the East affected by an injury like this.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 17, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)
For sure. And with most of these West series going to be clunkers, it sucks to have one of the series in the East affected by an injury like this.

Yep. The bottom of the West sucks and the top is awesome. The only series that has a chance to be interesting at all in the West is the Blazers series and even there I don't think the Blazers have a real shot but Lillard and McCollum are really fun to watch and they can steal a couple of games.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 17, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)
Yep. The bottom of the West sucks and the top is awesome. The only series that has a chance to be interesting at all in the West is the Blazers series and even there I don't think the Blazers have a real shot but Lillard and McCollum are really fun to watch and they can steal a couple of games.

To be fair, the Grizzlies are missing Conley and Gasol and the Mavs are without Parsons. Houston just sucks all the way around. They were my sleeper finals pick before the season started. My worst prediction since I had the Knicks as the second best team in the east behind Miami in '12.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2016 -> 10:38 PM)
To be fair, the Grizzlies are missing Conley and Gasol and the Mavs are without Parsons. Houston just sucks all the way around. They were my sleeper finals pick before the season started. My worst prediction since I had the Knicks as the second best team in the east behind Miami in '12.

If you got Vince Carter on your team, you should win every game, no excuses.

On Saturday, Bulls.com reporter Sam Smith told Jason McIntyre on FOX Sports Radio that Butler has a “colossal ego” and isolates himself from his teammates.

“He’s really kind of full of himself,” Smith said. “He hangs around with Mark Wahlberg, the actor, and lets us know about that a lot. He goes around to premiers or whatever. He announced before the season that he’s the leader of the team and guys are looking around going, ‘What are you talking about?’

“It’s a really weird dynamic. He doesn’t like to socialize with the other players. Back in November they had a team bonding thing. They all chartered a bus and went up to wine country for the day. The only one who didn’t go was Jimmy.”

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 02:09 PM)
On Saturday, Bulls.com reporter Sam Smith told Jason McIntyre on FOX Sports Radio that Butler has a “colossal ego” and isolates himself from his teammates.

“He’s really kind of full of himself,” Smith said. “He hangs around with Mark Wahlberg, the actor, and lets us know about that a lot. He goes around to premiers or whatever. He announced before the season that he’s the leader of the team and guys are looking around going, ‘What are you talking about?’

“It’s a really weird dynamic. He doesn’t like to socialize with the other players. Back in November they had a team bonding thing. They all chartered a bus and went up to wine country for the day. The only one who didn’t go was Jimmy.”

It's getting to the point where you have to consider moving him. He's not a number 1 guy on a championship team. He would be a great number 2, but what number 1 is going to want to play with that Ego? He's become a bit of a monster.

Tom Thibodeau is a leading candidate for the Minnesota job. Should be a fascinating team but in the wrong conference at the moment.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 02:28 PM)
It's getting to the point where you have to consider moving him. He's not a number 1 guy on a championship team. He would be a great number 2, but what number 1 is going to want to play with that Ego? He's become a bit of a monster.

Tom Thibodeau is a leading candidate for the Minnesota job. Should be a fascinating team but in the wrong conference at the moment.

He is pursuing head coach AND president of Basketball Ops. He never wants another Gar in the way

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 02:28 PM)

Jimmy clashed with Thibs (it sounded like Rose, Taj and Dunleavy were the Thibs backers)

Jimmy supposedly clashed with Rose

Jimmy supposedly clashed with Noah according to Cowley.

Come on Jimmy. Get rid of the damn ego.

Maybe he can get back to it, but sometimes you can't go back. Someone needs to tell him, he isn't curing illness, he isn't solving world hunger, he isn't educating kids, he isn't fixing climate problems, he puts a ball in a basket for a living. Really isn't all that noble when you think about it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
Maybe he can get back to it, but sometimes you can't go back. Someone needs to tell him, he isn't curing illness, he isn't solving world hunger, he isn't educating kids, he isn't fixing climate problems, he puts a ball in a basket for a living. Really isn't all that noble when you think about it.

Maybe that same person can talk to Derrick Rose about giving a s*** again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
Maybe that same person can talk to Derrick Rose about giving a s*** again.

I agree. I still think no matter what, DRose has to go. IMO, they aren't going to win with him. Another whose own agenda is far more important than the team's.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
OR, the Bulls have made up their mind on who is going to win the Butler/Rose battle long-term, and are laying the ground work in the media for when they trade him. Limit the potential backlash by fans by making him seem like a tool.

This is the first thing I thought. Seems fairly obvious.