And That's a White Sox Winner !!

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 10:26 PM)
This kid needs to be playing every day. Move Garcia to DH and bench LaRoche for the rest of the season.

Just my opinion.

Mark

I don't think you'll find a single person here that would disagree. Too bad the Sox will never do it. RV and the ORG will ride LaRoche to the end. If only the kid Thompson had half the leash against RHP that La Roche had against LHP through July.

Good to see most of the contributions coming from guys that are young and will be here next year. Ramirez is dead to me. I appreciate his time but this season has been a train wreck, even with his improved 2nd half defense his bat and overall production has been brutal.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 12:25 AM)
I think he's handled Thompson very well, IMO

Thompson comes from a family of elite athletes I'm personally not worried about his confidence. Hell, he's the rare kid that made it all the way from HS draft pick to MLB player in the Sox org. He's brimming with confidence let him play everyday the rest of the way. Melky, Eaton and Avi should each be getting a day or two off a week at this point.

Thompson, please be for real! Just think if Saladino, Sanchez and Thompson all start next year and all hit about a buck fifty the first month and a half ... such is the life of a jinxed White Sox fan since 05.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 12:37 AM)
Thompson, please be for real! Just think if Saladino, Sanchez and Thompson all start next year and all hit about a buck fifty the first month and a half ... such is the life of a jinxed White Sox fan since 05.

At least if it happens it's guys the org developed, that cost nothing, and are club controlled.

Personally I think both Sanchez and Saladino have at least proven that their floor is very usefull utility guy. Sanchez is quietly putting together a very good 2nd half and Saladino continues to absolutely pick everything at 3B. I don't believe his defense is 4 fWAR good, but it might be 2 fWAR good. That covers a lot of 1/4 with a double nights.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)
He's looked solid in all the games I've seen him but supposedly his calling card in the minors was ML ready defense.

Made a pretty s***ty play on a ball hit into the corner tonight. First he couldn't find the ears then he bounced one to the relay man. But man he's got speed!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 11:55 PM)
Made a pretty s***ty play on a ball hit into the corner tonight. First he couldn't find the ears then he bounced one to the relay man. But man he's got speed!

How is his arm strength? Sure would be nice to have a position player develop for once. I could see Sanchez and Trayce starting next season.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 01:04 AM)
How is his arm strength? Sure would be nice to have a position player develop for once. I could see Sanchez and Trayce starting next season.

Sanchez is now into positive WAR territory. He's absolutely earned the starting role at 2B headed into spring. If the ORG can bring in someone on the cheap that is a 4 WAR player well hell in that case forget Sanchez, but when that doesn't happen, start him. He's earned it.

If he was more highly touted we'd be ecstatic about a slick fielding 23 year old 2B that seems to have a little pop in his bat as well. He's never gonna hit more than 270/320/400 but with his glove at 2B that's an above average starter in today's game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 11:37 PM)

greg there is no reason for these half empty shenanigans. I'm sure they'll get the book on Thompson before long but hopefully the organization actually produced a player that can f***ing adjust.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 12:16 AM)
greg there is no reason for these half empty shenanigans. I'm sure they'll get the book on Thompson before long but hopefully the organization actually produced a player that can f***ing adjust.

He's show a quick bat so far despite his big frame. Hopefully he's one of the rare Sox prospects that is better suited to the MLB game than the high minors. He certainly seems to have an idea where the strike zone is. That helps.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 12:26 AM)
He's show a quick bat so far despite his big frame. Hopefully he's one of the rare Sox prospects that is better suited to the MLB game than the high minors. He certainly seems to have an idea where the strike zone is. That helps.

Yeah, I haven't seen him swing at junk yet. It's a breath of fresh air.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 10:43 PM)
I don't think you'll find a single person here that would disagree. Too bad the Sox will never do it. RV and the ORG will ride LaRoche to the end. If only the kid Thompson had half the leash against RHP that La Roche had against LHP through July.

Good to see most of the contributions coming from guys that are young and will be here next year. Ramirez is dead to me. I appreciate his time but this season has been a train wreck, even with his improved 2nd half defense his bat and overall production has been brutal.

Yeah I would think even avid Avi supporters recognize that his home isn't RF, he still is young enough and has enough tools to turn it around but he is better suited in LF with a moderate leash next year. LaRoche is dead money i doubt the sox would just eat his remaining 13M and are surely hoping for a dunn like '12 rebound.

As for Alexei his first half was abysmal but his second half on both sides of the plate has been what I would think most of us have come to expect out of him yearly .275/.313/.478. I still wouldn't pick up his option if i were the sox but a I'm not opposed to brining him back for less than his 10mil option. He is 34 going into this winter.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 12:08 AM)
Sanchez is now into positive WAR territory. He's absolutely earned the starting role at 2B headed into spring. If the ORG can bring in someone on the cheap that is a 4 WAR player well hell in that case forget Sanchez, but when that doesn't happen, start him. He's earned it.

If he was more highly touted we'd be ecstatic about a slick fielding 23 year old 2B that seems to have a little pop in his bat as well. He's never gonna hit more than 270/320/400 but with his glove at 2B that's an above average starter in today's game.

I'd like to see Sanchez get time it short for the rest of the season. His bat really is light for second base. I would also consider Thompson in left and let Melky DH. Avi is younger, hits just as well as Melky, and needs the work. Melky is shaping up as dead money himself.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 01:08 AM)

.270 is good but he could also be .230 ish

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 12:06 PM)
I'd like to see Sanchez get time it short for the rest of the season. His bat really is light for second base. I would also consider Thompson in left and let Melky DH. Avi is younger, hits just as well as Melky, and needs the work. Melky is shaping up as dead money himself.

statistically speaking, what are your expectation for him????

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 12:37 PM)
.270 is good but he could also be .230 ish

that is why i rather not deal or get rid of MJ and Sanchez in the off season. i really would like to see if they can replicate the same stats, well for sanchez at least. and for MJ see if he can defend.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 07:06 AM)

Melky is a way better hitter than Avi. You can win with Melky in your line up.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
Melky is a way better hitter than Avi. You can win with Melky in your line up.

OPS on the season: Melky .697, Avi .704.

OPS+ Melky 97, Avi 99.

wRC+, Melky 89, Avi 93.

Both are below average hitters on the whole season. Melky's been a small step below with the bat and an equally small step upwards on defense and baserunning.