My/Your Off Season Plan

GGajewski18

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
Just give me Heyward. Then move Q in a blockbuster for Arenado. Then add a SP in FA.

Q won't happen straight up for Arenado. Sox would have to send 2 or 3 prospects with Q. It would take Sale for Colorado to sell Arenado. He's that damn good at a premium position.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been this sentiment on the board that Seager and Arenado would be easy to get that I don't quite understand.

Frankly, the big move was missing out on Donaldson last year. There just aren't going to be youngish power hitting 3b available. Except MAtT DAVIDSON

At least Q has better value here. Last year on this very board Q for Jay Bruce was considered a good idea, and now we b**** at Hahn for signing LaRoche.

Anyone know what is going to be available from Japan this winter? That market has been pretty quiet recently.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 10:40 AM)
Kang obviously would have been a very nice get, too.

Since we just know KW wasn't going to get Donaldson anyway, it's pointless to even think about.

It's not pointless to think about. This team needs elite talent more than average upgrades at every position. That elite players in position of need will be on trade market and we still will not have organizational depth to make those trades is a huge issue. Who will be this years Donaldson? Does anyone feel like we are ever a good match in those trades unless we trade our top ten pitcher? That's embarrassing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
At least Q has better value here. Last year on this very board Q for Jay Bruce was considered a good idea, and now we b**** at Hahn for signing LaRoche.

And the year before that it was Q for Jason Castro. :lol:

Q, for whatever reason, is still undervalued on this board. I just don't get it.

As for Frazier. Cannot say I like the idea of trading for yet another player heading into their last season before free agency. No thanks.

Trade for Frazier. Sign Heyward. LaRoche to the bench, Melky to DH, Trayce to CF.

LF Eaton

RF Heyward

1B Abreu

3B Frazier

DH Cabrera

CF Thompson

C Flowers

SS Saladino

2B Sanchez

SP Sale

SP Quintana

SP Rodon

SP Johnson

SP Danks

CL Robertson

SU Jones

SU Duke

RP Petricka

RP Albers

RP Putnam?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)
Who says no?

A. Garcia, Fulmer, M. Johnson, Montas, Beck, and Montas for Arenado and Jairo Diaz

Garcia almost feels like he has negative value at this point, and including him in the deal makes things worse. Think the Rockies still say no though.

Extend Qualifying Offer to SP Jeff Samardzija- he declines, Sox get a comp pick

Pick up 10 option for SS Alexei Ramirez

Resign:

RP Matt Albers 1 year/3 million

C Tyler Flowers 1 year/2 million

Sign via Free Agency:

RF Jason Heyward 8 years/180 million (opt out clause after 4 years/100 million)

Trades:

White Sox trade RP Zach Putnam to the Houston Astros for C Jason Castro

White Sox trade 3B Trey Michalczewski, 2B Micah Johnson, SP Frankie Montas, OF Avi Garcia, and SP Tyler Danish for 3B Todd Frazier and SP Jonathan Crawford

Rotation/Bullpen:

SP Chris Sale (L)

SP Jose Quintana (L)

SP Carlos Rodon (L)

SP Erik Johnson

SP John Danks (L) (Until Fulmer is ready)

RP Scott Carroll (Long Man)

RP Dan Jennings (L)

RP Jake Petricka

RP Zach Duke (L)

RP Matt Albers

RP Nate Jones

CP David Robertson

Lineup:

LF Adam Eaton (L)

1B Jose Abreu

RF Jason Heyward (L)

3B Todd Frazier

DH Melky Cabrera (S)

CF Trayce Thompson

C Jason Castro (L)

SS Alexei Ramirez

2B Carlos Sanchez (S)

Bench:

OF J.B Shuck

1B Adam LaRoche

C Tyler Flowers

UTIL Tyler Saladino

After this year the Sox would free up 38 million by letting Ramirez, LaRoche, and Danks go.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 05:58 PM)
Extend Qualifying Offer to SP Jeff Samardzija- he declines, Sox get a comp pick

Pick up 10 option for SS Alexei Ramirez

Resign:

RP Matt Albers 1 year/3 million

C Tyler Flowers 1 year/2 million

Sign via Free Agency:

RF Jason Heyward 8 years/180 million (opt out clause after 4 years/100 million)

Trades:

White Sox trade RP Zach Putnam to the Houston Astros for C Jason Castro

White Sox trade 3B Trey Michalczewski, SP Frankie Montas, OF Avi Garcia, and SP Tyler Danish for 3B Todd Frazier and SP Jonathan Crawford

Rotation/Bullpen:

SP Chris Sale (L)

SP Jose Quintana (L)

SP Carlos Rodon (L)

SP Erik Johnson

SP John Danks (L) (Until Fulmer is ready)

RP Scott Carroll (Long Man)

RP Dan Jennings (L)

RP Jake Petricka

RP Zach Duke (L)

RP Matt Albers

RP Nate Jones

CP David Robertson

Lineup:

LF Adam Eaton (L)

1B Jose Abreu

RF Jason Heyward (L)

3B Todd Frazier

DH Melky Cabrera (S)

CF Trayce Thompson

C Jason Castro (L)

SS Alexei Ramirez

2B Carlos Sanchez (S)

Bench:

OF J.B Shuck

1B Adam LaRoche

C Tyler Flowers

UTIL Tyler Saladino

After this year the Sox would free up 38 million by letting Ramirez, LaRoche, and Danks go.

Do you know how bad Jason Castro has been offensively the past two years? No way he'd bat over Alexei and Sanchez.

And 8/180 for Heyward? I think he'd want something like 8/260.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 06:40 PM)
Who says no?

A. Garcia, Fulmer, M. Johnson, Montas, Beck, and Montas for Arenado and Jairo Diaz

The person you commissioned to clone Montas has announced that you cannot afford their cloning service. They've said no.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 06:01 PM)
Do you know how bad Jason Castro has been offensively the past two years? No way he'd bat over Alexei and Sanchez.

And 8/180 for Heyward? I think he'd want something like 8/260.

8/180 is 22.5 million a year.

8/260 is 32.5 million a year. That isn't happening lol.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)
Garcia almost feels like he has negative value at this point, and including him in the deal makes things worse. Think the Rockies still say no though.

Let's not forget the Rockies already have better outfielders than Avi, Micah can't stay healthy and the Rockies already have a better 2B in LaMahieu, Beck only pitched 54 innings this year due to elbow inflammation, Montas needs more time to see if he can stick as a starter so the only thing enticing in that package from the Rockies POV is an under-sized starting pitcher by the name of Fulmer.

I don't think the Rockies just say no, they say f*** no and laugh off into the sunset.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
Let's not forget the Rockies already have better outfielders than Avi, Micah can't stay healthy and the Rockies already have a better 2B in LaMahieu, Beck only pitched 54 innings this year due to elbow inflammation, Montas needs more time to see if he can stick as a starter so the only thing enticing in that package from the Rockies POV is an under-sized starting pitcher by the name of Fulmer.

I don't think the Rockies just say no, they say f*** no and laugh off into the sunset.

They have CarGo and Blackmon in the OF. Avi would have a spot there.

Micah isn't necessarily a 2B, he has the tools to be converted to something else.

I know Beck was injured, so what? Doesn't mean he can't be traded. He's just a throw-in.

Montas does need more time- when did I say he would be thrown right into their rotation?

Fulmer has all-star potential as a SP.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 06:08 PM)
They have CarGo and Blackmon in the OF. Avi would have a spot there.

Micah isn't necessarily a 2B, he has the tools to be converted to something else.

I know Beck was injured, so what? Doesn't mean he can't be traded. He's just a throw-in.

Montas does need more time- when did I say he would be thrown right into their rotation?

Fulmer has all-star potential as a SP.

They also have Dickerson and David Dahl coming up soon.