Hawk only doing road games

flavum

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (brett05 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 06:12 PM)
Hawk has always pulled for Carmen DeFalco. He subbed in once or twice a couple years back. I'd also love a return of Dave Wills.

It was a long time ago, but I remember JR got really pissed at Carmen about a question he asked him on the radio.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 11:12 AM)
Hawk has always pulled for Carmen DeFalco. He subbed in once or twice a couple years back. I'd also love a return of Dave Wills.

Dave is very happy in Tampa and I can't see him leaving. Never say never but the odds are pretty slim.

Mark

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 11:00 AM)
Matt Spiegel today hinted at the possibility of the White Sox hiring AJ Pierzynski. He said he couldn't really talk about it but said he'd heard rumors. I wonder if they would replace Steve Stone with AJ or just go with AJ/Hawk with Stone. Interesting.

I would LOVE this. A.J. is a fan favorite here and he's very knowledgeable about the game itself.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 11:39 AM)
AJ probably could still make a couple million playing next year, but he is pretty good despite his claims that Kendres Morales is a threat to steal.

His plan is to play one more season if possible. According to Spiegel.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 11:00 AM)
Matt Spiegel today hinted at the possibility of the White Sox hiring AJ Pierzynski. He said he couldn't really talk about it but said he'd heard rumors. I wonder if they would replace Steve Stone with AJ or just go with AJ/Hawk with Stone. Interesting.

AJ has the personality to be really good at announcing. He has a lot in common with Hawk.

I want him to manage the Sox. He's the no-nonsense type of guy, a catcher (which seems to work out the best as they have to have a lot of knowledge), and a guy who'd demand respect of the players. Only problem I see is if the players undermine him and loses the clubhouse. Then could be a huge disaster...

The booth configuration gets a little confusing if AJ is brought into the mix, and Stone stays on. I can't imagine a scenario where AJ Pierzynski is a broadcaster for the Sox but NOT broadcasting with Hawk, after all of the "AJ is like a son to me!" stuff Hawk's been talking about all of these years. I also can't imagine Stone moving into a part time role where he only does home games so AJ could go on the road and be with Hawk. Would it be a three man booth on the road? And at home, is Stone the guy you want doing PBP for 81 games? He's not bad as a PBP, IMO, and maybe he'd help make AJ a top notch analyst, but after being an analyst his entire broadcast life, does Stoney want the PBP job at this point? Maybe - who knows. It'll be very interesting to see how it all works out, that's for sure!