Cubs-Cards NLDS

LittleHurt05

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
How can Cub fans be pompous with their history? They should be cowering in a corner waiting for bad stuff to happen.

Exactly the point Greg....they HAVE no reason to be that way yet Cub fans (not all) ARE that way. At the very least when they compare themselves to the south side. First it was winning the Attendance Cup (no such thing), then it was "Our ballpark is better" even when they knew it was a falling apart cesspool. Then is was "Well.....Sammi hit more HR's than your whole team" and well..we all know what happened there.

To me, that has always been the most confusing thing....there is NO reason for them be be bragging or have an attitude for just BEING a Cub fan yet they did. Like putting up with s***ty teams for X amt of years is cool......i don't get it.....never have....never will

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 01:32 PM)
At least the Cubs don't self proclaim themselves as the best fans in baseball

They also aren't telling rival fans to root for them and expect everyone to pull for their team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)
Well, they're calling themselves America's Team lately.

Also, 22 mph wind blowing straight out tomorrow...yuck

And this.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)
Like putting up with s***ty teams for X amt of years is cool......i don't get it.....never have....never will

I don't know, I think there is a bit of a badge of honor for toughing out futility. Of course, the Cubs don't have a monopoly on futility and misery, despite what they seem to think. Until '05 the Sox had a history just as futile. Who cares if the Cubs had gone 9 years longer? Everyone who really remembered either one were dead already anyway.

The problem with Cub fans is that they're arrogant when they have no reason to be, and yet they still somehow have a reputation as a "great" fanbase nationally, even though anyone who has to live with them daily knows that they're far more insufferable than loveable.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)
Well, they're calling themselves America's Team lately.

Also, 22 mph wind blowing straight out tomorrow...yuck

Too bad it's not Hammel vs. Lynn tomorrow, that could have been an all-time epic Wrigley shootout. Arrieta and Wacha should still be able to handle the wind.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 07:38 AM)
Too bad it's not Hammel vs. Lynn tomorrow, that could have been an all-time epic Wrigley shootout. Arrieta and Wacha should still be able to handle the wind.

I can see Bryant and Rizzo getting a cheap basket homer and media then claiming they are heating up

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 07:41 PM)
They also aren't telling rival fans to root for them and expect everyone to pull for their team.

This is exactly what is happening in Chicago. Cubs fans are genuinely offended by Sox fans not rooting for them. Even the media has picked this up with stories like the bar serving free drinks when the Cubs give up homers.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
This is exactly what is happening in Chicago. Cubs fans are genuinely offended by Sox fans not rooting for them. Even the media has picked this up with stories like the bar serving free drinks when the Cubs give up homers.

I still don't understand the confusion over this. I don't think there's anyone who would be surprised by Mets fans rooting against the Yankees (and vice-versa) but somehow it comes as a shock that Sox fans aren't going out of their way to support the Cubs.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
Not even going to bother watching, the Cubs' chances of winning this game is probably 95%. Wacha would have to pitch a gem for the Cards to have a shot. I don't see it happening.

I got a feeling jake will be exposed today. I could be way off.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
Not even going to bother watching, the Cubs' chances of winning this game is probably 95%. Wacha would have to pitch a gem for the Cards to have a shot. I don't see it happening.

Yep, just have to beat Hammel and Lester. Really hope Cardinals go with Garcia again tomorrow.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
He may, but I think the Cubs hit at least 3 homers today, so it may not matter.

Even if the cubs win this series i think the mets or dodgers will take care of them in 7.

Edited by whitesoxjr27