Jeff Samardjiza signs with SF Giants, 5/90.

southsider2k5

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
Sounds like Cubs might be going the hardest after Lackey. I don't think that would be a great fit for them.

I think it's decent for them depending on the annual salary. It won't be much and could help them sign Heyward if they choose to go after him. But if it's more than 2 years that can be bad. Granted, if I were them, I wouldn't want to give up a first round draft pick for him either.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 5, 2015 -> 12:10 PM)
That's the past. They sure as hell won't be winning any championships now that he's on the team.

Winning championships is one thing...the fans actually have those three championships in the recent past. Plus a cool park. Plus a bunch of homegrown and fun players. They'll survive five years of Samardzija...and probably still do pretty well.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 5, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
So does this mean we get the Giants pick at 19, or could it change with other free agents?

They drop out of the first round, as does every team that doesn't have a protected pick and signs a QO guy. The Sox are 3 right now in the order after the typical first round.

Of course if the Sox sign a QO guy, they lose this pick.