White Sox still deciding on what to do

Whisox05

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
When I think of Quintana and the Cubs I envision a trade involving Baez and Castro, with their side eating some of his remaining contract. :ph34r:

Schwarber and Gleyber Torres minimum or I hang up the phone.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
Now that's funny. The guy who even in hindsight said trading Jeremy Reed was a mistake thinks a 22 year old who hit .320 with power in AAA and can play SS and was a top 5 prospect as a 21 year old is not mlb ready and high risk. Do not acquire. Your entire narrative has been destroyed.

Wrong again, Dick.

I said it was a bad trade on paper - and it was. You look at things retrospectively. Constantly. Always.

Further, in this case, the Sox would be trading FOR the prospect and not trading of the prospect. Surely you can see the difference.

Now, please tell me the top TEN Major league prospect plus starting catcher that the Cubs will trade for our #3 starter (we don't really have one of those - but if we did).

You're 0/2 in your attempts at "gotcha" today, Dick. Keep trolling me and try for a 3rd.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
Wrong again, Dick.

I said it was a bad trade on paper - and it was. You look at things retrospectively. Constantly. Always.

Further, in this case, the Sox would be trading FOR the prospect and not trading of the prospect. Surely you can see the difference.

Now, please tell me the top TEN Major league prospect plus starting catcher that the Cubs will trade for our #3 starter (we don't really have one of those - but if we did).

You're 0/2 in your attempts at "gotcha" today, Dick. Keep trolling me and try for a 3rd.

So if trading the prospect is bad on paper, trading FOR the prospect would be good on paper.

Selling high on Jeremy Reed wasn't a mistake. You eventually will figure that out.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 12:35 PM)
Schwarber and Gleyber Torres minimum or I hang up the phone.

I'd much rather have that deal too, Hahn should concern himself with obtaining the best possible package more than one which fills our current roster. However, I just have this sinking feeling he'll base any trade for Q around multiple ML players to win now (which is going to leave us with a package like Baez and Castro)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 12:59 PM)
So if trading the prospect is bad on paper, trading FOR the prospect would be good on paper.

Selling high on Jeremy Reed wasn't a mistake. You eventually will figure that out.

Jesus I can't believe people say it was a bad trade to this day lol that trade was part of the reason why we won a f*cking World Series.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 09:51 AM)
Really seems like they don't want to go with Erik Johnson.

I don't think that a second. Sox have 4 lefties with one righty. They are basically trying to get what they were supposed to have this year is a righty in the number 2 spot that shark was to fill which didn't happen

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
I don't think that a second. Sox have 4 lefties with one righty. They are basically trying to get what they were supposed to have this year is a righty in the number 2 spot that shark was to fill which didn't happen

So you think they add a righty, keep Johnson, trade Q for a haul? Don't see them eating any money to move Danks so he should be locked into a spot.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 10:15 AM)
I'd love it if they'd throw Danks in the bullpen as the long man, but they won't do that.

He was a solid back of the rotation starter though so I don't really mind if he's in the rotation. Maybe if he's doing good in June/July, we could deal him to a team that needs a starter.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
So you think they add a righty, keep Johnson, trade Q for a haul? Don't see them eating any money to move Danks so he should be locked into a spot.

Thats one way to go is keep johnson and trade Quintana to fill alot of holes. Or you include johnson in a trade then you still have 4 lefties and open spots in rotation. So yes needing another right handed starter somewhere