Jason Heyward to Cubs (8 yrs 184M)

GGajewski18

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)
Jesus Christ I gotta turn off 670 The Score.

Look, if your team joined Babe Ruth to Ty Cobb, you'd be excited, too. Wait, you mean Schwarber isn't Babe Ruth? Heyward isn't Ty Cobb?

Well, at least Joe Maddon is a World Series-winning manager. Wait -- that's not true, either?

Okay, well at least Theo Epstein IS Branch Rickey. That much we know.

This is actually good for the White Sox. Jerry and his investors are running a business and the Cubs have totally passed the White Sox (I realize the Cubs have always had more fans/media, etc., but the Sox have been the better franchise for quite some time now until last year and the foreseeable future). Acquiring Lawrie and a pair of journeymen catchers doesn't cut it in the interest department.

Sox are going to have to spend some mega bucks and get some players people care about besides Abreu and Sale. Sox are gonna have to start competing for the division title again because Cub mania is here and you better believe the Sox beancounters have noticed.

Crowds of 12,000 to 20,000 all year won't be attracting any advertising dollars/media contracts, whatever. Anybody with a buck that's not located on the far South Side will be gripped in Cub mania for years to come. It's counter time, White Sox.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:38 PM)
WCUB (the Score) is now in full TheoJedMaddonSchwarberBryantCubs jerk-off mode.

Anyway, last year was the Cubs' free ride. All the pressure is on them now. Have fun.

And we're on WLS next year. I don't even know what the radio address is. Who does?

We're all gonna die. Let's just watch 2005 highlights from now on.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
Twitter rumors of 31.5 aav. I'm at peace with this if that becomes true.

That is juts insane if that is the case. Also, presumably makes it less likely Sox go after any of the outfielders we've thought they might be after. I still think Upton is one of the guys who might outproduce his actual contract. Tools are their for him to take steps forward and his historical production is worthy of his rumored offers.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 06:42 PM)
There's nothing wrong with being jealous of what the Cubs are building.

I'm thrilled because this can only help the White Sox. They've got to get off their ass now that they are being buried by the Cubs. Unless they are planning on moving, they WILL counter this. Nobody wants to be the weak second fiddle. I hope Cespedes can hit cause this probably guarantees us getting him. And Frazier? Complete the deal, White Sox. An infield of Lawrie, Lexi, Frazier and Abreu with Cespedes, Eaton and Melkster in the outfield isn't too shabby.

Cubs should be able to afford this type of move though and it clearly makes them a better team. Good for the Cubs. That said, I can think over just the past few years how many teams were anointed offseason champs and never even made the playoffs. Think of the love the Nats have gotten in recent years, or go back to the Phillies when they added Roy and Cliff Lee and how good they were supposed to be.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
Cubs should be able to afford this type of move though and it clearly makes them a better team. Good for the Cubs. That said, I can think over just the past few years how many teams were anointed offseason champs and never even made the playoffs. Think of the love the Nats have gotten in recent years, or go back to the Phillies when they added Roy and Cliff Lee and how good they were supposed to be.

Baseball is fun because of that, nothing is guaranteed, that said they "should" be a beast for the next 5 years or so.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)
Baseball is fun because of that, nothing is guaranteed, that said they "should" be a beast for the next 5 years or so.

Now how about the Sox step up the game and lets make the cross-town rivalry a great and competitive rivalry between two world series contenders!!!

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 06:48 PM)

They were even before this offseason started...just have to hope for sophomore slumps and Zobrist/Lackey showing their age.