Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)
The reason I like Cespedes over Fowler is the draft pick.

Although I like the pick ... Gordon Beckham, Lance Broadway, Brian Anderson, Walker .... I'm too tired to think of the rest .... they all called. The Sox don't have a great past in the draft. Very likely the 28th pick wouldn't turn out to be anything.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
It's not a good tweet. "Oh, really, when the Sox are showing interest in a marginal reliever that hasn't signed yet and then sign them that shows they mean business?"

I like Albers, but...what? That signing isn't indicative of anything from Sox.

He was intentionally trolling.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)
Although I like the pick ... Gordon Beckham, Lance Broadway, Brian Anderson, Walker .... I'm too tired to think of the rest .... they all called. The Sox don't have a great past in the draft. Very likely the 28th pick wouldn't turn out to be anything.

Worth discussing that none of those picks happened under new CBA. Having an additional first allows you to throw additional money at HS players to not go to College, which is only a worthwhile sentence when we are talking about MLB.

Just because they drafted dumb in the past doesnt mean the pick doesn't have value. We need to get better with our impact selections and use of the bonus pool.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)
He's a fantasy writer and his source seems to be from metsblog.com he does seem popular though.

No reason not to believe him, he has some good credentials and doesn't need to be trolling. Not even related to this tweet, but this is the first time in a month I've thought the Sox are sticking with Avi.

Edited by fathom

Spencer Adams was the #44 pick over all.

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)
The reason I like Cespedes over Fowler is the draft pick.

Fowler played in Colorado and Cespedes played in Detroit, Oakland and NY which are not hitters parks. Plus he played in American League so shouldn't be any adjustment period. Plus he is a much better fielder. And plus with no draft pick means there is no comparison.

This feels sorta like the time I got turned down...eventually by a girl I kind of liked...but during the anticipation I found a way to convince myself that I had strong feelings for the girl. It was all because I wanted the long shot to happen and when it didnt it was like devastating for no reason.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)
No reason not to believe him, he has some good credentials and doesn't need to be trolling. Not even related to this tweet, but this is the first time in a month I've thought the Sox are sticking with Avi.

Doubt they're getting Cespedes but I don't think they're necessarily sticking with Avi either.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 04:12 PM)
Doubt they're getting Cespedes but I don't think they're necessarily sticking with Avi either.

Exactly. Not like Cespedes is the only player capable of upgrading Avi, lol. Especially with so many outfielders available. If the Sox are indeed out on Cespedes then they simply move on in search for the upgrade, that's all. I'm sure the FO has alternative ideas to Cespedes.