Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

This is what Hahn was saying in an interview on December 17th 2015. That last part is kind of sticking with me. Lets see that aggressiveness here, of course unless it is just crazy $$$ with Cespedes right now.

“We’d have to be a little bit creative,” Hahn said when asked if a “legit” run could be made at adding a right fielder. “We’d have to be financially creative in the way we get things done. We’ve been able to do that in the past. Obviously, you can never underestimate Jerry (Reinsdorf) and Kenny (Williams) and my own aggressiveness when it comes to a chance to get better. So we’re going to try to leave no stone unturned.”

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 10:54 PM)
Although I like the pick ... Gordon Beckham, Lance Broadway, Brian Anderson, Walker .... I'm too tired to think of the rest .... they all called. The Sox don't have a great past in the draft. Very likely the 28th pick wouldn't turn out to be anything.

i have been really critical of the sox FO as much as anyone, now with that disclosure,

i really trust this group of the draft dept that has been drafting lately. they have done some great picks.

this draft , esp in the 27-30 picks will be very good players to select from. that is why i am really adamant on not loosing that pick not an additional 2 round pick ... the farm / minor league system needs to get better.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
You know, if it didn't seem that we were so close to actually getting him, I wouldn't even care if he signed with anyone else.

I honestly think they were until the Nationals came in and added years onto the deal that the others were offering.

QUOTE (staxx @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
My single ray of optimism is that usually when the Sox are completely out, a beat writer that usually covers the sox will report so. I don't trust outside writers information with that.

The silence could be good.... maybe? who knows. i quit.

Well since my name is Ray, I'll agree with your ray of optimism.