Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
I saw a post on Twitter that was interesting and could possibly be true.

It said something along the lines of that the Sox are waiting until SoxFest to announce an acquisition to try to garner more interest in the event itself.

I don't know if it's true or not, but it does seem like the Sox usually announce something big at that time.

Who posted it just wondering

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)

It said something along the lines of that the Sox are waiting until SoxFest to announce an acquisition to try to garner more interest in the event itself.

I don't know if it's true or not, but it does seem like the Sox usually announce something big at that time.

That works when you are re-signing your own player, not with a top FA like Upton or Cespedes. You "agree" to a deal but wait two weeks to announce it, some other team can swoop in and sign him in between.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:25 PM)
It was actually in a DM from a user on there.

Like I said, that's probably not the reason why nothing is happening, but it's an interesting point that I hadn't thought about before.

It would be a very stupid reason to hold off. If they wanted it to have any connection to Soxfest, they'd get it done ASAP and get more interest and excitement going into the team making people want to be at Soxfest.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:29 PM)

Hahahahahahahahahaha

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 03:45 AM)
http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/i...d-fowler-end-up

Schoenfield predicting Cespedes back to Detroit, Upton to Texas on a one-year deal to balance their lh heavy lineup, Davis back to Balt with Fowler moving Eaton to right.

Yuck.

Tho again saying the Sox would lose their second round pick. If guys are going to write articles please get facts right.

I guess it's because of this idea of their second pick (which is essentially the compensation round between the first and second) in the draft being lost to another team or what is really their third pick after the Samardzija comp pick gained for Shark signing with SF.

Confusion about which pick is lost, and the idea of a second round pick (versus second time selecting a player) essentially becoming a later compensation round pick for another team.

"If general manager Rick Hahn brings in a free agent who also was made a qualifying offer, then the White Sox would lose that compensatory pick for Samardzija. At this point, that sort of move seems unlikely for the White Sox." Mlb.com

At any rate, the right to sign Fowler is not worth $10-12 million (lost impact both short and long-term), another $30-45 million for his three year contract and finally four traded players. The only one that makes sense is Upton. Signing the Koreans that went to Balt and Minnesota would have been much more logical.

Edited by caulfield12

Both Cespedes and Upton have yet to be signed by anybody. Yet somebody like Shark signed with the Giants for some serious money. (I'm so glad he's not on the 2016 White Sox) Both of these guys are considered major talents but still nobody has signed them. Is there some reason why nobody has signed these guys? Are they trouble makers? It doesn't make any sense to me. I would love to have either of them on the White Sox. Having one of them would make the White Sox serious 2016 Playoff contenders. I'm hoping that something can be worked out between one of them and the White Sox.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 07:12 AM)
Both Cespedes and Upton have yet to be signed by anybody. Yet somebody like Shark signed with the Giants for some serious money. (I'm so glad he's not on the 2016 White Sox) Both of these guys are considered major talents but still nobody has signed them. Is there some reason why nobody has signed these guys? Are they trouble makers? It doesn't make any sense to me. I would love to have either of them on the White Sox. Having one of them would make the White Sox serious 2016 Playoff contenders. I'm hoping that something can be worked out between one of them and the White Sox.

Because everyone who spent this off season spent on pitching. And Yankees were not involved with anyone. And a lot of teams close enough to luxury tax to point where they were not interested. Just a deep free agent class is why these guys remain unsigned.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 07:24 AM)
Because everyone who spent this off season spent on pitching. And Yankees were not involved with anyone. And a lot of teams close enough to luxury tax to point where they were not interested. Just a deep free agent class is what hurt these guys

On the other hand, it's too early to say anyone has really been hurt until they actually sign.

It just takes one team to crack...for the rest of the dominoes to quickly fall.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 08:06 AM)
"Caulfield," I guess you just leave people speechless. At this moment you have posted the most recent comment on no fewer than 6 different threads. LOL

And, it's been a while since anyone responded to any of them.

Probably because it's 10:13 pm Sunday night here...and everyone was sleeping or watching the Bengals/Steelers fiasco.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 08:14 AM)
Probably because it's 10:13 pm Sunday night here...and everyone was sleeping or watching the Bengals/Steelers fiasco.

It's after 8:00 in the morning, in Chicago. Maybe everyone is sleeping in. At any rate, I'm just kidding you. LOL