Alex Gordon Thread

Dunt

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 11:22 AM)
I can't see who else would offer him any where near that number.

The Yankees have Texeira

The Dodgers have AGonz

The Cubs have Rizzo

The Tigers have Miguel

Texas has Prince

The Angels have Pujols

The Red Sox have Ortiz, and then probably Hanley.

The Giants have Belt, and no cash left.

The Nationals have Zimmerman

Philly is still stuck with Howard, and they are rebuilding

The Blue Jays have Encarnacion

Maybe the Astros if they have given up on Singleton?

Astros were recently rumored to be shopping outfielders correct? Now that the Yanks have acquired Chapman, what if they now flip Miller to the Astros for an outfielder plus prospects, and then Houston goes out and signs Davis? That would be a ballsy set of moves and make Houston a better team.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 11:40 AM)
WHy does Davis get such a bad rap defensively? Didn't he commit less than 5 errors at 1b last season?

i thought i remembered him being a good defensive 1B, but maybe that was just against the sox

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 11:40 AM)
WHy does Davis get such a bad rap defensively? Didn't he commit less than 5 errors at 1b last season?

I was responding to the DH comment. He also played the OF and has played 3B. I don't really know much about his fielding, although his reputation doesn't appear to be stellar. I wouldn't want to give him $150 million, and I agree with the post earlier, he has to be crazy not jumping on that offer unless he knows he won't pass the infamous Baltimore physical.

Lots of mis-direction and smoke/mirrors lately. Looks like alot of posturing is happening with teams and free agents.

"No truth," Alex Gordon said in response to a recent story that he had no chance of signing a new contract with the Kansas City Royals."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/kids...654e57b745.html

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)
Lots of mis-direction and smoke/mirrors lately. Looks like alot of posturing is happening with teams and free agents.

"No truth," Alex Gordon said in response to a recent story that he had no chance of signing a new contract with the Kansas City Royals."

Sounds frighteningly similar to the response Torii Hunter gave when all reports were he was about to sign with the Sox a few years back and then the Angels swooped in and got him.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 01:31 PM)
Sounds frighteningly similar to the response Torii Hunter gave when all reports were he was about to sign with the Sox a few years back and then the Angels swooped in and got him.

Ya, I think Kenny's butt still stings from that one. :lol:

There is so much posturing going on between KC/Sox/Gordon, I have no idea what to believe.

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
As a Sox fan, screw Torii Hunter for multiple reasons...

Agreed. I have softened on pretty much every sports rivalry and the vitriol they can bring out in us fans. I don't care about the Pistons, Cubs, Packers, even the Twins. However, to this day I want a Sox flamethrower to put one right in Torii's earhole for what he did to Jamie Burke. He never has received retribution.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 02:03 PM)
Ya, I think Kenny's butt still stings from that one. :lol:

There is so much posturing going on between KC/Sox/Gordon, I have no idea what to believe.

Yeah, it sounds like there is very little doubt that he is staying in KC. He is just using other teams to drive up offers and get KCs best offer. Growing up in that area, KC is the easiest MLB place to get to.

This sounds like a case where money really isn't the most important factor, unless it's a significanr difference.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
Yeah, it sounds like there is very little doubt that he is staying in KC. He is just using other teams to drive up offers and get KCs best offer. Growing up in that area, KC is the easiest MLB place to get to.

This sounds like a case where money really isn't the most important factor, unless it's a significanr difference.

I think you're right. Gordon has said he wants to stay in KC which is much closer to where he grew up than Chicago. Now factor how the Sox have seemingly changed gears with focus on Cespedes and it starts to make a bit more sense. Maybe Gordon used the Sox in his negotiations with KC while the Sox used Gordon in negotiations with Cespedes? Just a wild guess.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 05:08 PM)
Maybe the Sox wanted Cespedes all along and are just using Alex Gordon and, earlier in the offseason, Justin Upton to drive his price down. With all three of them out there plus Fowler, Parra etc. it's a buyers market.

Whatever happens people will say they used the one against the other to drive the prices down but we will never know. The might have used one against the other but they could just really be negotiating with both trying to get something done with either that they would be happy with.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 11:08 PM)
The Spanish wasn't giving me trouble - just the frequency of the damned post. Bots.

Yeah they just retweet each other...really annoying. Was the same way last night with some of the Alex Gordon articles.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 12:43 AM)

Some quotes (probably missed them earlier) from Gordon on his situation from the Harold Reynolds baseball camp there in Omaha...btw, Brian Duensing would be another name to throw in the mix for LHR/loogy.

Isn't that exactly why Dan Jennings is currently on the team? To be a loogy?