2016 Catch All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 07:54 PM)
100%. Fortunately, the wisdom teeth removal and root canal never bothered me. I got my wisdom removed on a Saturday morning, coached baseball in the afternoon and drank that night. My sister got them out and she was in bed for multiple days.

I was sore but back to school after a day. My mom was all bruised up, looked like someone punched her in the jaw. She missed a week of work

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 08:05 PM)
I was sore but back to school after a day. My mom was all bruised up, looked like someone punched her in the jaw. She missed a week of work

Exactly how I was. One of the teeth was lodged in another so they had to drill it out. Looked like a chipmunk right after. I stayed awake during it though, so at least I got that going for me. :lol:

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 11:43 PM)
I started belting out Don't Step Believin while knocked out when getting my wisdom teeth pulled. The doctor had to pull all the instruments out of my mouth and wait for me to finish.

Oh for video. :P

So were you on that midnight train going anywhere?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 09:01 AM)
It's strange how different everyone reacts to getting their wisdom teeth out. Some people are back to work next day, some are laid up for a week

I was in college, my experience was as painless as can be. I didn't even need the Vicodin they game me. (Yet it still disappeared :unsure: )

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 7, 2016 -> 04:32 PM)
I have misplaced my car's registration. My license plate sticker expired in July and I went to the DMV, bought the stick and misplaced the registration ID card. I have googled around and the DMV's site sucks (shocking, I know). Before I waste my life at the DMV, I wanted to make sure that I can actually get a replacement upon going there. If anyone has any info/experience on this I would appreciate it.

Illinois DMV

Brian,

It appears you have to contact the Illinois Secretary of State's Office. I think you can submit this form?

I checked the FAQs, and it appears here is the answer they provide:

How do I apply for a duplicate registration card?

Submit a completed Application for Vehicle Transaction(s) (VSD 190) to:

Secretary of State

Vehicle Services Department

501 S. Second St., Rm. 011

Springfield, IL 62756

You may also visit your local Secretary of State facility. The fee for a duplicate registration card is $3.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 8, 2016 -> 06:20 AM)
You might be able to get a replacement card, but my guess is you're SOL on the sticker and you'll get charged again. They'd have no real way of knowing if you just stuck that sticker on another car and claimed to have lost it.

I interpreted his post as he only lost the card, not the sticker.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 7, 2016 -> 06:32 PM)
I have misplaced my car's registration. My license plate sticker expired in July and I went to the DMV, bought the stick and misplaced the registration ID card. I have googled around and the DMV's site sucks (shocking, I know). Before I waste my life at the DMV, I wanted to make sure that I can actually get a replacement upon going there. If anyone has any info/experience on this I would appreciate it.

Yes, but I believe you get to go into the shorter line instead of the actual DMV office, at least thats how it is in the Melrose Park location. I had to do that for my motorcycle last year and it was pretty fast.

Hey guys,

I don't know if I told you guys, but I moved into an apartment with my girlfriend about a month and a half ago. Right when we moved in, we started cleaning and vacuuming and all of a sudden we get this terrible odor from the carpets. Turns out my closet and bedroom smelled like cat pee, and throughout my whole apartment (just under 900 SQ FT) we vacuumed up a full garbage can of cat litter and cat hair (oh btw, I'm allergic to cats). We did get brand new carpets, but not until a week later.

Now, I come home yesterday to my f***ing living room underwater. My laptop cord completely under water, and my girlfriends cord and laptop were drenched in water. Maintenance found the leak, they are remodeling the apartment above us, and it was due to a malfunctioning dishwasher. My whole ceiling in the living room has water damage, and they won't be in until Monday to fix it I THINK. My girlfriend's laptop still works for now, but if it craps out in a couple weeks, she would have to pay a $500 deductible through our renters insurance. If I have to file claim, I will be absolutely livid because now this is the 2nd incident within 2 months of each other and i'm getting sick of it.

So, I think I might go be kind of a dick mode and request some sort of compensation like a discount on rent or month free rent. Because I am really tempted to just say f*** it and move out.

What are your guys thoughts?

SO i just had my 35th Bday on Aug 31, and as I always do, I ran the slalom course a few times on our lake. I felt fine, did well, but an hour later my upper back froze. Since then (monday) today is my first day out of bed. I've hurt myself skiing many times jumping and wakeboarding and stuff, but almost always my lower back. Man this s*** hurt like a bastard. Nothing is more humbling than having a hard time wiping your ass.

Sucks getting older. On my 30th Bday years ago I tore my miniscus. f***ing birthdays

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 8, 2016 -> 11:18 PM)
Hey guys,

I don't know if I told you guys, but I moved into an apartment with my girlfriend about a month and a half ago. Right when we moved in, we started cleaning and vacuuming and all of a sudden we get this terrible odor from the carpets. Turns out my closet and bedroom smelled like cat pee, and throughout my whole apartment (just under 900 SQ FT) we vacuumed up a full garbage can of cat litter and cat hair (oh btw, I'm allergic to cats). We did get brand new carpets, but not until a week later.

Now, I come home yesterday to my f***ing living room underwater. My laptop cord completely under water, and my girlfriends cord and laptop were drenched in water. Maintenance found the leak, they are remodeling the apartment above us, and it was due to a malfunctioning dishwasher. My whole ceiling in the living room has water damage, and they won't be in until Monday to fix it I THINK. My girlfriend's laptop still works for now, but if it craps out in a couple weeks, she would have to pay a $500 deductible through our renters insurance. If I have to file claim, I will be absolutely livid because now this is the 2nd incident within 2 months of each other and i'm getting sick of it.

So, I think I might go be kind of a dick mode and request some sort of compensation like a discount on rent or month free rent. Because I am really tempted to just say f*** it and move out.

What are your guys thoughts?

Should be the owners upstairs that pay and then your landlord IMO

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 8, 2016 -> 12:45 PM)
I am a little embarrassed I needed help getting this done but you did the job Shack. You are the man.

I put the sticker on in the pouring rain and stuffed my the paper in my workbag as I ran into the car and never saw it again. In any case, I paid with a credit card so they have it on record.

Correct.

I showed up at 8:27 (opened at 8:30) and they called registration for stickers right at 8:30. I went up to the desk after waiting in no line at all. Then, to top it off, the lady saw my vanity plates and was a huge Sox fan so she was nice to me.

I went to the DMV, was there for less than five minutes and not only was no one there an asshole to me, someone was nice to me. It was incredible. It seems like this legal monopoly isn't always a horrible place, just 98% of the time.

Nice dude. My Ducati years ago had a f***ed up title, it was shady as hell and the previous owners didnt sign it and it was from Wisconsin. The DMV/sec of state office was so f***ing nice to me getting a new title etc. I also only paid a couple of bucks in taxes as the lady gave me a tip that I bought it for 20 bucks. This year with my harley it was the same. As long as you arent on the other side or being a dick its apparently a good experience