2016 Catch All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
I mean it's not like he's there now, and I'm talking about just leaving him there, lol. She wants to have family take him up there for like 2 days then we go get him. And then all day Sunday will be driving there to get him and coming back. No thank you.

That's dumb.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every few months, my debit card information gets compromised and a bunch of purchases get made in Georgia or Texas somewhere and I have to get a new debit card. I'm never responsible for the charges thankfully, but god damn is this annoying.

Every major retail data breach (Target, Home Depot, etc.) I've had my cards compromised and had to get new ones. It's probably about the 10th call I've had to make.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 08:56 AM)
Every few months, my debit card information gets compromised and a bunch of purchases get made in Georgia or Texas somewhere and I have to get a new debit card. I'm never responsible for the charges thankfully, but god damn is this annoying.

Every major retail data breach (Target, Home Depot, etc.) I've had my cards compromised and had to get new ones. It's probably about the 10th call I've had to make.

I've had it happen to me before too. I tried getting money out of the ATM one day and it came back insufficient funds. Checked my bank account online and it was negative up to my overdraft limit. There were a couple plane tickets to China purchased and a few odd less than a dollar purchases at random places. Apparently they make real small unnoticeable charges to verify the card number works before they make the big purchase. That's what the bank said anyways. It got straightened out pretty quickly but it sucked having to get by a few days without any money and it sucked having to explain to people why checks I had written them had bounced and why certain automatic withdrawals were returned.

Wow, that's some terrible luck. I think my card has been compromised once, but I always seem to be a possible victim on those big store hacks.

Anyone spending lots of money on Prime Day? So far my wife and I have bought some odds and ends, but most of the deals are Amazon specific devices (have enough of them) or crap we don't need.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
Wow, that's some terrible luck. I think my card has been compromised once, but I always seem to be a possible victim on those big store hacks.

Anyone spending lots of money on Prime Day? So far my wife and I have bought some odds and ends, but most of the deals are Amazon specific devices (have enough of them) or crap we don't need.

The real question is where the heck does lost spend his money.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 08:56 AM)

Had the same problem and I wasn't using my debit card for anything but taking out cash at ATMs. I got one with a chip and it has been good now for a year.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 11:58 AM)

I went into the day hoping to buy two car seats because our 10-month old is growing like a beast and we can't wait it out until the older one switches to booster seat. I found the exact model we have now with 25% off around 9. I made the mistake of asking my wife about it first, and by the time I got back to the computer, the sale was off. Spent all of lunch scoping the different ones trying to choose one, then of course right at 1:00, I noticed our model went back on sale, so I scooped it up right away.

I haven't bought anything else, so much of it just seems like random pointless trash.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
The real question is where the heck does lost spend his money.

It could be a breach at the merchant bank level. I actually think that is more likely

This morning while buying my coffee and guy in his 20's had an apple juice in his hand and asked the check out person how much the juice was. The guy told him it was $2.36 so the dude asked him if he can have it for 2 bucks because that was all that he had. The check out person told him , sorry no. He looked back to me and was like do you have it and I said dont worry about I will take care of it, its no big deal. He didnt thank me and he instead then began to ask the check out person how much some of the other junk at the counter was so he can buy it with the 2 bucks that he did have.

I was kind of pissed but really not sure I should have been. How would you have reacted if this happened to you. The more I think about it it shouldnt have bothered me at all.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 09:07 AM)
This morning while buying my coffee and guy in his 20's had an apple juice in his hand and asked the check out person how much the juice was. The guy told him it was $2.36 so the dude asked him if he can have it for 2 bucks because that was all that he had. The check out person told him , sorry no. He looked back to me and was like do you have it and I said dont worry about I will take care of it, its no big deal. He didnt thank me and he instead then began to ask the check out person how much some of the other junk at the counter was so he can buy it with the 2 bucks that he did have.

I was kind of pissed but really not sure I should have been. How would you have reacted if this happened to you. The more I think about it it shouldnt have bothered me at all.

I might not have a problem giving the dude 36 cents but I'm sure as hell not going to buy him an entire bottle of apple juice while he spends his money on other junk.

I would have chuckled and ignored him. Dude sounds like a crap person.

Well you should have had him give you the $2. You said you'd buy it, so why can't he spend the rest of the cash?

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)
Saw Hannibal Buress last night in Hyde Park in front of about 200 people. He did a quick pop up show and put it on social about two hours before hand. Sat in the front row, was awesome, especially for a Sunday night at 11pm

Awesome, love Hannibal.

Take the good karma and forget about it.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 10:24 PM)
Im obviously not entirely up to date on everything but my friend showed me tonight, one of my exes is not a "cam girl" online. Apparently shes making a great living, but wow, what a surprise.

links or it didn't happen.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 10:24 PM)
Im obviously not entirely up to date on everything but my friend showed me tonight, one of my exes is not a "cam girl" online. Apparently shes making a great living, but wow, what a surprise.

One of my exes is not a "cam girl" online too. In fact I think all of them aren't.