2016 Catch All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 06:31 PM)
My 9 year old Golden is undergoing life saving surgery tomorrow for tumors that have ruptured on his spleen. This is all incredibly sudden and devastating. I know he's but a dog but he means the world to me, please send good vibes.

Good luck, and if your dog has to stay at the vet for an extended amount of time try and visit as often as possible. A few years ago one of my cats got really sick to the point where the vet said she would likely not make it. I would visit every day before and after work. For whatever reason after about a week at the animal hospital she got better. Most of the vet techs said that every time I went she would act healthier/better.

Well unfortunately, he will not be coming home. During exploratory surgery they discovered cancer in his liver and spleen, he lived 9 incredible years and the fact that this hurts so bad speaks volumes. Thank you all so much for your well wishes, it legitimately lifted my spirits during this whole process. Duke was the perfect dog and he will not soon be forgotten.

duke_snow.jpg

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
Well unfortunately, he will not be coming home. During exploratory surgery they discovered cancer in his liver and spleen, he lived 9 incredible years and the fact that this hurts so bad speaks volumes. Thank you all so much for your well wishes, it legitimately lifted my spirits during this whole process. Duke was the perfect dog and he will not soon be missed.

duke_snow.jpg

I'm terribly sorry, man.

There are no words.

Sorry to hear about your loss. It sucks.

Some people might think this is kinda cheesy, but check out if your local area has any of those businesses with "drink wine and paint" classes. Sometimes they will do a "paint your pet" session. It's a nice thing to have hung up at your house (and they will take a photo and faintly 'print' it onto the canvas so even if your art skills are lacking, you'll do fine).

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
Well unfortunately, he will not be coming home. During exploratory surgery they discovered cancer in his liver and spleen, he lived 9 incredible years and the fact that this hurts so bad speaks volumes. Thank you all so much for your well wishes, it legitimately lifted my spirits during this whole process. Duke was the perfect dog and he will not soon be missed.

duke_snow.jpg

Kal, I'm so sorry for your loss.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 04:17 PM)

duke_snow.jpg

Had a similar experience a couple years ago when one of my cats suddenly got very sick and found out it was lymphoma. I was devastated. Sorry for your loss man.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 11:26 AM)
Especailly when you live in a building where the AC/Heat come from the same place, and once your building flips the switch, the air switches to heat..... <_>

Yeah, i think I have been back and forth two or three times already.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 11:26 AM)
Especailly when you live in a building where the AC/Heat come from the same place, and once your building flips the switch, the air switches to heat..... <_>

Yeah those places are rough. They never go back once they've switched.

So my 3 and 6 year old boys want to be Sonic the hedgehog and Link for Halloween, respectively. Easy enough, right?

No, it isn't. So I go online and order costumes because we couldn't find their sizes at Halloween Spirit. I order the sonic costume, it gets shipped to me today and my daughter texts me and says the headpiece is missing. Awesome

So then I go to order the link costume. All costume shops have broken the entire costume down to separate pieces. Tunic($20), hat($6), leggings($9), boots($10), Sword($20), shield($20)

Such a racket. I hate costume companies