2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 10, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
Sanders beats Clinton by 20+ percentage points. But thanks to the super-delegate system, Clinton actually won more delegates, 15-13. Totally messed up system.

So Sanders out earned Clinton, but has less to show for it than Clinton who didn't earn it? Sounds like the delegate system took some clues from Sanders economic ideas.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 02:08 AM)
Probably not but if Obama could run again he'd win rather easily.

It's amazing. I'd love a psychologist to tell us why, but if Obama could run again and again, he'd win the next four elections hands down in landslides. I don't get the voting public. Obama was a disaster of a president and yet like you said, he'd win President for sure if he could run again this time and I stand by my statement he could win three more elections after that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 10, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
It's amazing. I'd love a psychologist to tell us why, but if Obama could run again and again, he'd win the next four elections hands down in landslides. I don't get the voting public. Obama was a disaster of a president and yet like you said, he'd win President for sure if he could run again this time and I stand by my statement he could win three more elections after that.

There's a decent chance we've never heard of the person who will win the 2028 election.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 06:09 AM)
There's a decent chance we've never heard of the person who will win the 2028 election.

Here's my prediction.

2016: Hillary Rodham Clinton (decides to use full name)

2020: Hillary Rodham Clinton.

2024: Chelsea Clinton

2028: Chelsea Clinton

2032: I have no idea.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 01:59 AM)
Here's my prediction.

2016: Hillary Rodham Clinton (decides to use full name)

2020: Hillary Rodham Clinton.

2024: Chelsea Clinton

2028: Chelsea Clinton

2032: I have no idea.

2032: Michelle Obama

2036: Michelle Obama

2040: Malia Obama

2044: Malia Obama

2048: No idea

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2016 -> 08:10 PM)
So Sanders out earned Clinton, but has less to show for it than Clinton who didn't earn it? Sounds like the delegate system took some clues from Sanders economic ideas.

hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

eta actually much easier to make that analogy into an indictment of capitalism!

Edited by StrangeSox

LoL.

If their were no term limits, Bill Clinton could still be president if he wanted to.

We got Greg, thanks Obama

Hillary apparently won tonight's debate. Congratulations to her since she congratulated Bernie for his win in New Hampshire.

Today the Clinton foundation was subpoenaed ... yet everybody is saying it's not Hillary under fire for anything there.

Hillary's emails under siege ... yet everybody is convinced she's done no wrong, broken no laws. Where there's smoke there's fire, folks. Can you imagine if she wins the nomination and she gets indicted for a crime right before the real election? What then?

To be fair ... on the other side can you imagine if Trump gets the nomination and says something so incredibly stupid right before the election even he can't make it go away? This is why, folks, some people are thinking of running as Independents.

Edited by greg775

Study: Yup, Voter ID Laws Dampen Turnout For Minorities And Liberals

Researchers at UC-San Diego are working on a study on how voter ID laws affect turnout rates, and a working paper they released detailing the results thus far seems to confirm what the laws’ critics have often said.

Voter ID laws adversely affected the turnout of minorities, and particularly that of Latinos, the paper found. The study also revealed that turnout among Democrats was disproportionately affected, backing up claims of a political motivation behind the laws, which have been overwhelmingly championed by GOP legislators.

“Our study is the first really comprehensive study that’s been done over many election cycles — I think we have something like 51 elections in there — that very clearly shows how minority voters are affected, and how they’re adversely and disproportionately affected compared to their white counterparts,” Nazita Lajevardi, one the study’s authors told TPM.

"solution" to non-existent problem disenfranchises legitimate voters in predictable and partisan ways.

Can you explain to me how Obama was a disaster of a president? Just off the top of my head: Took on a s***ty economy because of a mistake of a War by the previous president, 5% unemployment currently, gas is cheap, Caught Bin Laden (if you care about that), legalized gay marriage, health care costs have risen at the slowest rates in decades. I don't know if he's one of the best presidents ever but if you think it's a "disaster" you're either racist or very uninformed.

Edited by Y2JImmy0

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 13, 2016 -> 08:27 AM)
Can you explain to me how Obama was a disaster of a president? Just off the top of my head: Took on a s***ty economy because of a mistake of a War by the previous president, 5% unemployment currently, gas is cheap, Caught Bin Laden (if you care about that), legalized gay marriage, health care costs have risen at the slowest rates in decades. I don't know if he's one of the best presidents ever but if you think it's a "disaster" you're either racist or very uninformed.

Don't feed the troll.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 13, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)

Sure. Obamacare is a ridiculous disaster and health care in America still blows.

His presidency has been the personification of unable to lead, unable to get anything through Congress, unable to work with Congress.

Am I worse off now than when he took over? Gosh yes.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 13, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
Don't feed the troll.

As much as I contribute to discussion on here, I'm getting offended by being called a troll.

Glad to see SNL mock Hillary on its opening skit tonight. The young women of today really are embarrassing Hillary with their disdain for her and for people like Steinem telling 'em they owe it to all women to vote for Hillary. Really?

I'm really enjoying the crickets when I ask people why they support Hillary. "Just because." "It's the right thing to do." Oh really? A person still in hot water over those emails. Just nominate Bernie, Democrats. Just do it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 12:46 AM)
Sure. Obamacare is a ridiculous disaster and health care in America still blows.

His presidency has been the personification of unable to lead, unable to get anything through Congress, unable to work with Congress.

Am I worse off now than when he took over? Gosh yes.

As much as I contribute to discussion on here, I'm getting offended by being called a troll.

So it's his fault that nothing gets through congress? It's a Republican Congress that doesn't agree with anything he proposes just because. That's a really s***ty reason. How are you worse off than when he took over? The country as a whole, is way better off than they were in 2009.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
I support Hillary. There are some posters here who I will take out the time to write a post on my thoughts because it will be a part of an interesting discussion. If one of them ask I may write one.

i too am for Hillary, mostly b/c the rep candidates are not worth listening to.

but i think Hillary will need to roll out 1 hell of a VP candidate, someone who will help in the running, to take away the personal bias some has against Hillary.

one question, for lack of a better word, does Hillary have the bias against her, b/c of her politics or is it b/c she is a woment???

who in anyone opinions will be a great person to run with Hillary????

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 01:46 AM)

Tell you what, you go have a family member who is sick and uninsurable for years and then you'll completely redefine what a "ridiculous disaster" is.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 08:39 PM)
Tell you what, you go have a family member who is sick and uninsurable for years and then you'll completely redefine what a "ridiculous disaster" is.

you have a point. this is not exactly in the uninsurable, but i busted my tooth around xmas in order to get a root canal and tooth, my bill was 9,000 dollars.

insurance really screwed me on that. that was my out of pocket, and i have blue cross and blue shield.