Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
Fits everything we've heard. #TeamLast

I like it.

I think Nightengale is the only one I've seen mention he quit on his teammates. Normally, people hate nothing more than quitting on your teammates, but nothing surprises me anymore when you cloak it some crap hashtag like #FamliyFirst, you will get a particular group rushing to your defense.

#TeamLast

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
I go back to what I said yesterday. KW looks like a complete *** and is destroying this teams chemistry. I mean what other organization would let a VP destroy **** the way KW has done. The players apparently we're all opposed to KW, and Sale (your damn prized possession) was so furious with KW that he told him to get the **** out of the locker room and stat out. Sale is right, KW is the VP but thinks he is the Manger and the GM. Stay the **** out of the locker room cause all he has manged to do is **** things up year after year.

He might have even cost the sox a future with sale as thir ace.

KW has to ******* go and now!!!

Rant over.

Well you got some of the story right

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:02 PM)
I go back to what I said yesterday. KW looks like a complete *** and is destroying this teams chemistry. I mean what other organization would let a VP destroy **** the way KW has done. The players apparently we're all opposed to KW, and Sale (your damn prized possession) was so furious with KW that he told him to get the **** out of the locker room and stat out. Sale is right, KW is the VP but thinks he is the Manger and the GM. Stay the **** out of the locker room cause all he has manged to do is **** things up year after year.

Rant over.

If everything we hear is true, KW showed the most leadership of anyone over the last week.

It was easy to figure out some of the players complained, because if the Sox thought changing the clubhouse policy could get him to quit, they would have done it in November. This is the same guy they tried to pay 8 million dollars to go away.

QUOTE (shakes @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:05 PM)
I like it.

I think Nightengale is the only one I've seen mention he quit on his teammates. Normally, people hate nothing more than quitting on your teammates, but nothing surprises me anymore when you cloak it some crap hashtag like #FamliyFirst, you will get a particular group rushing to your defense.

#TeamLast

I think if you asked JR, KW, and RH what should come first for a White Sox player, his team or family, they would all say family. Apparently he doesn't need the money. If he would rather be with his family, his performance would most likely show. So really what he did is justified. Nobody ripped Michael Jordan for quitting on his team. Guys leave all the time for various reasons.

QUOTE (Baron @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:05 PM)
Wasnt it Jim Bowden the other day who criticized Adam for leaving his wife at a few games?

Bowden tore Laroche a new asshole in the most perfectly worded statement. Basically called him out as a hypocrite. Yea, Adam is so dedicated to his family that on numerous occasions someone had to remind that he left his wife at the park.

I understand LaRoche has ADHD but FFS how do you forget to take your wife home from the park? Seems like Adam might have been up to something else other than "#familyfirst" those nights.

Rant over.

Not an overreaction at all. Nope.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:15 AM)
There's a few pieces of the puzzle missing between Kenny's request to " dial it back " and LaRoche retiring over the matter. I think there were players that may have been uncomfortable with constantly watching their language and the content of their discussions as well as a few players may have wanted their kids around more often since LaRoche was able to do so with Drake which would put the FO in a most unenviable position. Of course I'm speculating but there's more to this than what's being reported.

Thank goodness AJ isn't still around with his blow up doll :P

Wonder how Drake is going to feel 30 years from now when he's a few million lighter in his inheritance because his pops decided to forgo his last 13 million.

I mean, a lot of fathers work tooth and nail, including mine, to give their son a better, easier life than they had. This isn't about what's best for his kid it's about what is best for Adam Laroche. It was a selfish decision.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 08:10 PM)
Wonder how Drake is going to feel 30 years from now when he's a few million lighter in his inheritance because his pops decided to forgo his last 13 million.

I mean, a lot of fathers work tooth and nail, including mine, to give their son a better, easier life than they had. This isn't about what's best for his kid it's about what is best for Adam Laroche. It was a selfish decision.

this is on me, but i was thinking this was nothing but a smoke screen to retire, whether it was the back problem or just tired of the bs.

he found a perfect excuse to shaft the sox in the process of just leaving.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)
Just some comments.

Rosenthal just came out with a column basically asking, "who is running the White Sox show?" something that fans have been asking for the last few years.

In it his says there is friction between Hahn and Williams and wonders why the policy wasn't presented by Hahn or Ventura. He also says those two disagreed with Kenny.

Obviously this is just another bit of evidence of a somewhat dysfunctional front office...maybe more than we think.

Obviously JR should be the one to step in but apparently it doesn't bother him. The only time I can recall that he did so was when he had the pregame press conference in D.C. where he told both Williams and Ozzie to cut it out after the Twitter stuff came out.

When your top pitcher tells the V.P. to get out and stay out of the clubhouse, it's not a good thing.

LaRoche's leaving help the Sox on the field and may lead to tearing it apart and torpedoing the season when all is said and done.

We'll see but this situation appears now to be getting out of control.

Mark

Welcome to the Internet!

As a first time user, we would like to inform you that hyperlinks are useful and allow other users of the World Wide Web to view the Internet article you reference!

Thanks!

- The Internet

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)
I think if you asked JR, KW, and RH what should come first for a White Sox player, his team or family, they would all say family. Apparently he doesn't need the money. If he would rather be with his family, his performance would most likely show. So really what he did is justified. Nobody ripped Michael Jordan for quitting on his team. Guys leave all the time for various reasons.

Then he truly should've shut his mouth, and not expose his son as the scapegoat(instead protect him), and start hash tagging #FamilyFirst and have his family and agent cry to every media outlet that will listen.

If Jordan did that, I would say the same thing about Jordan.

Rant over.

Do you need an Aspirin or something?

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:10 PM)

He shouldn't have to worry about that. He'll always have his education to fall back on.

QUOTE (shakes @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:14 PM)
Then he truly should've shut his mouth, and not expose his son as the scapegoat(instead protect him), and start hash tagging #FamilyFirst and have his family and agent cry to every media outlet that will listen.

This is the most important thing. LaRoche is the one who let this stupid thing get out of control.

QUOTE (shakes @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 03:14 PM)

That might help. I have never been a fan of KW and stuff like this make me want him gone so much. I know I may be in the minority or on my own but KW needs to be a VP and leave other jobs to the people that have been hired to do them. He is NOT the manager or GM but act like he is.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:45 PM)
Remember the 2002 World Series when JT Snow scooped up Dusty Baker's son as he crossed home plate ?

Didn't that lead to rules being put into place saying bat boys had to be at least 13 or 14 years old?

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:19 PM)
That might help. I have never been a fan of KW and stuff like this make me want him gone so much. I know I may be in the minority or on my own but KW needs to be a VP and leave other jobs to the people that have been hired to do them. He is NOT the manager or GM but act like he is.

Who would you rather the players hate, KW or Ventura?