Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)
Bernstein and Spiegel basically just confirmed that a group of players led by Jimmy Rollins went to management. I understand Sale wanting to police their own room but they've done a poor job of doing that to this point and their manager doesn't do it. This is a case of new veteran players coming in and deciding that this had to stop.

When Jimmy Rollins sees there's a problem...then there's a problem

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
I don't think he's an egomaniac at all. In fact, that's pretty much opposite of everything that has been said/written about LaRoche. From all accounts, he's a very solid guy. I just think he marches a bit to the beat of his own drummer and the White Sox probably didn't really contemplate what his request was when it was made.

I remember being at Soxfest and Hahn was gushing about LaRoche, saying they do so much homework on him, how he was the closest thing to Jim Thome in the clubhouse. It seems odd they would miss that he had his kid around him for 4 years in Washington. I do agree, he does seem to march to a different beat than most.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:13 PM)
Bernstein and Spiegel basically just confirmed that a group of players led by Jimmy Rollins went to management. I understand Sale wanting to police their own room but they've done a poor job of doing that to this point and their manager doesn't do it. This is a case of new veteran players coming in and deciding that this had to stop.

so finally some one can take it easy on the sox management, the present management was doing the right thing without exposing the person who made the request.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)
I remember being at Soxfest and Hahn was gushing about LaRoche, saying they do so much homework on him, how he was the closest thing to Jim Thome in the clubhouse. It seems odd they would miss that he had his kid around him for 4 years in Washington.

I'm sure they knew his kid was with him. But it sounds like they didn't quite realize just how with him he is. :)

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
This guy, I take it?

Not who I was thinking of but look at the new guys they brought in.

Frazier

Lawrie

Narvarro

Avila

Rollins

That's a lot of voices taking over for the quiet clubhouse outside of Adam Eatin before. Also notice that the best player on the team has yet be spoken to.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
if you want to take it personal, fine. you can do what ever you want!!!!!

i just didn't mean it that way.

Sure. You just wanted to go after my character... I could see how you would think that isn't personal.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
Yep it's really hard for any pitcher to be a leader just because they aren't out there every day. That said, it's obvious that Chris, while the best player on the team, isn't a strong natural leader. His idea of leadership seems to be flying off at the handle and showing anger. That's not what leaders do. It can be a part of leadership but it's certainly not the most important or even required.

You've got to wonder if his actions would have been the same if his buddy hadn't decided to quit. Also, this is the exact reason it had to come from KW and not RV or RH.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:18 PM)
I remember being at Soxfest and Hahn was gushing about LaRoche, saying they do so much homework on him, how he was the closest thing to Jim Thome in the clubhouse. It seems odd they would miss that he had his kid around him for 4 years in Washington. I do agree, he does seem to march to a different beat than most.

He's a great guy and so is his kid. Probably why they thought telling him to ratchet is down a bit would have better received.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)

Frazier

Lawrie

Narvarro

Avila

Rollins

That's a lot of voices taking over for the quiet clubhouse outside of Adam Eatin before. Also notice that the best player on the team has yet be spoken to.

There are also the Tommy Kahnle's and Jacob Turner's of the world who may have had an issue with it

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
So Sale told KW "get the f*** out of the clubhouse"? I feel bad for KW if Rollins/Avila really did tell him that the Drake stuff was getting old, and then Sale goes crazy on KW

I kind of hope Kenny just laughed at him while Sale screamed at him...but he probably didnt

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 06:13 PM)

They specifically said Rollins?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
So Sale told KW "get the f*** out of the clubhouse"? I feel bad for KW if Rollins/Avila really did tell him that the Drake stuff was getting old, and then Sale goes crazy on KW

Sale is an idiot though. I mean he's an awesome pitcher and I'm glad he's on the team but he's not the most intelligent guy around.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)
so finally some one can take it easy on the sox management, the present management was doing the right thing without exposing the person who made the request.

I still think they could have said deal with it for 2 more weeks. This way worked out in the Sox favor though. I don't think it will hurt recruiting free agents. If it is important for a future free agent they really want to have their kid there all the time, they will agree to it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)

Frazier

Lawrie

Narvarro

Avila

Rollins

I got the impression that Frazier was buddy-buddy with LaRoche and Eaton, but that's just my impression.

I wish that more of this team would adopt Abreu's attitude.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
They specifically said Rollins?

Spiegel said this is a case of veteran players seeing the way it's been done in winning clubhouses and putting a stop to it. Then Bernstein said " Does Jimmy Rollins really think it's worth it though"? and Spiegel kind of just like laughed because Bernstein gave up the name.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 06:25 PM)
Spiegel said this is a case of veteran players seeing the way it's been done in winning clubhouses and putting a stop to it. Then Bernstein said " Does Jimmy Rollins really think it's worth it though"? and Spiegel kind of just like laughed because Bernstein gave up the name.

Wow, good for Rollins. Hahn has his work cut out for him right now.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)

I'm sure Sox management would have preferred to take the blame and not divide the clubhouse. This will only hurt the team now. It was why it should have stayed in house. Laroche destroyed the performance last year and will destroy the team this year by leaking it all out.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
I still think they could have said deal with it for 2 more weeks. This way worked out in the Sox favor though. I don't think it will hurt recruiting free agents. If it is important for a future free agent they really want to have their kid there all the time, they will agree to it.

I'd rather this come out now than right as the season started. Let it blow over before the results start to matter.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)

i think it is pretty cheap on how the pr issue is making someone to mention names or coming foreward to take the blame.

it is really a private issue and it was done the right way.... in private. whether anyone agrees with the intent or not.

ref to fa, money is always the answer, but considering how cheap the sox fo wants to do things, it may harm those who will want to give the sox a break....

this is all chcken shiite behavior.