Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Baron @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:53 PM)
Bernstein is saying now that Kenny approached Adam first to try and hint that some players would like it if he wasnt around as much. Trying to slowly move him towards cutting it down. Then when he didnt do that Kenny put his foot down.

Go figure. Sox management reasonably asked for some compromise and LaRoche got all salty. LaRoche is the villain here, not KW, not Sale, not Eaton, not Rollins or RV. Just LaRoche. He brought this on everyone. LaRoche is not reasonable. That's not a good thing in business or life.

QUOTE (Baron @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 06:53 PM)
Bernstein is saying now that Kenny approached Adam first to try and hint that some players would like it if he wasnt around as much. Trying to slowly move him towards cutting it down. Then when he didnt do that Kenny put his foot down.

Fits everything we've heard. #TeamLast

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:55 PM)
Why in the world would he say that when the story hadn't broken yet? Everything he said was justified in this situation, even if he was the one who said something.

I mean really? Should Rollins have to go himself and tell Drake to please help his Dad understand a normal kid shouldn't be in the clubhouse all damn season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:55 PM)
Why in the world would he say that when the story hadn't broken yet? Everything he said was justified in this situation, even if he was the one who said something.

Why can't Rollins explain to Sale and any other player who had a problem with what went down, why it was good that it went down?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:58 PM)
Why can't Rollins explain to Sale and any other player who had a problem with what went down, why it was good that it went down?

Who said he didn't? Maybe Sale and others knew there were complaints and disagreed

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 06:41 AM)
Not at all. If Jose Abreu had a kid in the clubhouse every day, KW wouldn't have said squat. And Soxtalk would be abuzz with what the f*** is KW doing if he actually did and Abreu made a stink over it. I just think the team should have a clear policy one way or the other.

You still don't get it. When an employee is bad at his job (LaRoche) and he's getting paid a huge sum of money management has every right to look for causes of the suckiness. If, in their opinion, LaRoche wasn't dedicated enough to his job by the presence of his kid then why can't management ask to curtail the kids presence ?

If Abreu, LaRoche or whoever can perform their job well despite distractions why would management ask them to change anything ?

Just because no one dare speak that performance is a factor in determining these things doesn't mean it isn't.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:49 PM)
Babysitting and managing a WS at the same time is cute. having your kid get a teammate more seeds is a bit distracting.

Do you even remember that situation? Baker was heavily criticized.

Just some comments.

Rosenthal just came out with a column basically asking, "who is running the White Sox show?" something that fans have been asking for the last few years.

In it his says there is friction between Hahn and Williams and wonders why the policy wasn't presented by Hahn or Ventura. He also says those two disagreed with Kenny.

Obviously this is just another bit of evidence of a somewhat dysfunctional front office...maybe more than we think.

Obviously JR should be the one to step in but apparently it doesn't bother him. The only time I can recall that he did so was when he had the pregame press conference in D.C. where he told both Williams and Ozzie to cut it out after the Twitter stuff came out.

When your top pitcher tells the V.P. to get out and stay out of the clubhouse, it's not a good thing.

LaRoche's leaving help the Sox on the field and may lead to tearing it apart and torpedoing the season when all is said and done.

We'll see but this situation appears now to be getting out of control.

Mark

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:53 PM)
If Jimmy Rollins went to KW and moaned, and then said this

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0315-story.html

he is not a leader. A leader would cop to what he did and explain it to everyone.

Actually, I would say the opposite. A leader would know it would divide the clubhouse. This is a management issue and I'm sure they told him as much.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:53 PM)
If Jimmy Rollins went to KW and moaned, and then said this

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0315-story.html

he is not a leader. A leader would cop to what he did and explain it to everyone.

This is getting a bit out of hand. We seem to be trying to figure out who said and did what with no actual proof. Rollins gets hammered and the admission is no one said he did or didn't do anything. If this is an Adam Laroche decision let it go at that. I wish the man well and I am sorry he is gone. Time to concentrate on winning the championship now.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
A bunch of dudes with separate agendas and hiding s*** from the media. Doubletalk, backtalk, everything under the sun

Great way to approach the last couple weeks of getting ready to play a team sport intensively for 6 months

I just wonder if KW knew exactly how this was going to unfold if he still would have done it. On one hand he has $13 million, on the other, he has a pretty big clean up in aisle 6.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)
You still don't get it. When an employee is bad at his job (LaRoche) and he's getting paid a huge sum of money management has every right to look for causes of the suckiness. If, in their opinion, LaRoche wasn't dedicated enough to his job by the presence of his kid then why can't management ask to curtail the kids presence ?

If Abreu, LaRoche or whoever can perform their job well despite distractions why would management ask them to change anything ?

Just because no one dare speak that performance is a factor in determining these things doesn't mean it isn't.

The Jeff Passan article did say team execs thought they weren't focused last year

I go back to what I said yesterday. KW looks like a complete *** and is destroying this teams chemistry. I mean what other organization would let a VP destroy **** the way KW has done. The players apparently we're all opposed to KW, and Sale (your damn prized possession) was so furious with KW that he told him to get the **** out of the locker room and stat out. Sale is right, KW is the VP but thinks he is the Manger and the GM. Stay the **** out of the locker room cause all he has manged to do is **** things up year after year.

He might have even cost the sox a future with sale as thir ace.

KW has to ******* go and now!!!

Rant over.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
I go back to what I said yesterday. KW looks like a complete *** and is destroying this teams chemistry. I mean what other organization would let a VP destroy **** the way KW has done. The players apparently we're all opposed to KW, and Sale (your damn prized possession) was so furious with KW that he told him to get the **** out of the locker room and stat out. Sale is right, KW is the VP but thinks he is the Manger and the GM. Stay the **** out of the locker room cause all he has manged to do is **** things up year after year.

He might have even cost the sox a future with sale as thir ace.

KW has to ******* go and now!!!

Rant over.

:unsure:

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 08:01 PM)
Actually, I would say the opposite. A leader would know it would divide the clubhouse. This is a management issue and I'm sure they told him as much.

exactly, a good boss will intercede and take the blunt of the problem if it would help not escalate the problem beyond work place.

players do get very touchy when some one who is not in authority will say something about their kid |s| whether it is justified or not.