Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
I'm sure Sox management would have preferred to take the blame and not divide the clubhouse. This will only hurt the team now. It was why it should have stayed in house. Laroche destroyed the performance last year and will destroy the team this year by leaking it all out.

So does this make LaRoche the worst ever FA signing by the Sox?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
So Sale told KW "get the f*** out of the clubhouse"? I feel bad for KW if Rollins/Avila really did tell him that the Drake stuff was getting old, and then Sale goes crazy on KW

It his job. This is what the president does. Takes the complaint for players comes up with a compromise and asks someone to respect the other players.

I actually think this might help the team on the field. It's not like a situation where Sale has to pass the ball to Jimmy Rollins. Baseball is an individual based team sport, if that makes sense. Sale can f***ing hate Rollins but it doesn't matter really on the field. It's not like Rollins isn't going to hustle for a ball in the hole because Sale is pitching.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:26 PM)
I'm sure Sox management would have preferred to take the blame and not divide the clubhouse. This will only hurt the team now. It was why it should have stayed in house. Laroche destroyed the performance last year and will destroy the team this year by leaking it all out.

i agree that is why i was saying that kw was taking the bullet for the whole thing.

he grew in many ways in my eyes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
Not who I was thinking of but look at the new guys they brought in.

Frazier

Lawrie

Narvarro

Avila

Rollins

That's a lot of voices taking over for the quiet clubhouse outside of Adam Eatin before. Also notice that the best player on the team has yet be spoken to.

Chris Sale is the best player on the team, but you probably have a point. Most people who've been around teams say there's always something of a split between pitchers and position players.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
I actually think this might help the team on the field. It's not like a situation where Sale has to pass the ball to Jimmy Rollins. Baseball is an individual based team sport, if that makes sense. Sale can f***ing hate Rollins but it doesn't matter really on the field. It's not like Rollins isn't going to hustle for a ball in the hole because Sale is pitching.

That's where starting hot is important. If this team plays the first month at 11-16, they'll self-destruct before June. This is where having a good manager would help, but they don't have one.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:29 PM)

how can sale let alone anyone else have a problem with a what, 15+yr vet, who is respected....

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:30 PM)
Am I the only one who thinks this won't impact their play on the field?

Consistent with my amusingly-timed rant earlier this week about chemistry, I think it might but it could be good or bad. I mean again, we've all seen Major League and what happens when the players hate upper management.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)
It his job. This is what the president does. Takes the complaint for players comes up with a compromise and asks someone to respect the other players.

I agree and I think the Sox are completely in the right on this one, but man Kenny and Jerry have just showed way too often that they don't handle difficult situations well.

It's just always something with this team, and they have a bad habit of airing their dirty laundry.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:28 PM)
So does this make LaRoche the worst ever FA signing by the Sox?

It will rank up there. Bad performance on the field and starting a battle in the clubhouse.

He really has turned out to be a very selfish individual. He will only play on his terms and will not sacrifice a few hours of his day without his son to help the team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:31 PM)
One thing I don't like hearing is Hahn and Ventura disagreed with Kenny's approach. Before anything was said, JR should have made sure it was a united front.

What is interesting is the Sale comment and the link you had earlier about a meeting concerning upper management access to the clubhouse. The most interesting part to me is it appears Robin is on the players side, which I would imagine lines up with Sale's alleged comments.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
how can sale let alone anyone else have a problem with a what, 15+yr vet, who is respected....

Because he's an immature ass with anger issues.

If the argument for limiting kids' access is more focus on work, the Sox are in the right for changing the rules. The horrible base-running that we saw last year alone seems to indicate that many of these guys had their heads up their rears under the previous rules.

One thing I don't like hearing is Hahn and Ventura disagreed with Kenny's approach. Before anything was said, JR should have made sure it was a united front.

Very true. But again if this leaked there isn't a united front. There will be changes before this is all done now that the details have been leaked to the media.

I hate to say it but it's going to be a difficult season, they can't have a divided clubhouse. This is going to be the year to prove that clubhouse chemistry does matter for the good or bad.

Classic good cop bad cop there. I wouldn't dwell on that.