4/5 Sox @ Oakland

Jose Abreu

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 01:10 PM)
Eaton is just not a good baserunner I think we realized this his first season. He has speed but zero natural base stealing instincts. I saw that he had a massive lead last night and in my head I'm thinking "he's going". If I can see it at home, it's even more obvious to the players. Sure enough, he was going and got easily picked off.

In general I'd prefer this team to try and play station to station until proven otherwise. They have some power in the lineup don't give the other team outs when it might just take one swing to get a couple or a few runs.

Eaton isn't a good base stealer but he is a good baserunner. Fangraphs rated him as the 10th best baserunner in the MLB in 2015.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...0&sort=18,d

Also, the Tigers rated as by far the worst baserunning team. Sox were 4th worst.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...0&sort=17,d

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 02:16 PM)
Dear Steve Stone,

Jason Frasor

Todd Frazier

These last names sound different. Learn it.

Sincerely,

Everyone listening to you

Dear Steve Stone,

Jed Lowrie

Brett Lawrie.

These last names sound different. Learn it.

Sincerely,

Everyone listening to you

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
9:05 first pitches are bad enough, starting the season with them is insulting.

Would it have been that bad of an idea to make all games M-W 5 pm starts (PT)? That would have been an ideal time for both cities.

I don't know, I feel like I've complained more about the MLB not forcing the warm weather teams to host the first week, Not sure I can then complain about the start times.

Like - I find it dumb that LAD played SD. Have two cold weather teams come out for the first week to hopefully continue to thaw.

I don't know, I feel like I've complained more about the MLB not forcing the warm weather teams to host the first week, Not sure I can then complain about the start times.

Like - I find it dumb that LAD played SD. Have two cold weather teams come out for the first week to hopefully continue to thaw.

I dont notice too much of a difference between Midwestern weather on 4/4 as opposed to 4/11. The likelihood of garbage weather is about equal on both of those days. Really its only the upper Midwestern teams that play outdoors (CHW, CHC, CLE, MIN, PIT, DET) and maybe PIT and BOS that need to worry. The climate changes once you go about 150 miles south of Chicago... its 60 degrees almost every day in Cincinnati and StL now.

I'm sure there's data to refute me somewhere out there.

Kendall Graveman stayed home Tuesday with flu-like symptoms.

It could be the same stomach bug that has been plaguing some other A's players. Graveman should be fine for his Thursday afternoon start against the White Sox, but this is a situation worth monitoring.

Source: Susan Slusser on Twitter Apr 5 - 6:30 PM

Saw this on rotoworld.com