How many wins will Chris Sale have this season?

How many wins will Chris Sale have this season?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will Chris Sale have this season?

• 10-15
    • 16-20
    • 27 or more

As we all know, our ace is 9-0 in 9 starts. That brings up the question: how many wins will he finish the season with?

He should have 20-23 starts left if things go as planned. I'm guessing he will finish with 23 wins this year.

I just thought it'd be interesting to see the general consensus of the fanbase regarding this question. Thanks.

Basically asking "How many wins would Sale get in 23-24 (162/5 = 32.4, and the .4 is usually allocated between the #1 and #2 starters) remaining starts", and then adding 9 to it. That said, I'll go with 13 wins in those starts, 22 overall.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)
Who cares? Wins don't matter in the day and age of advanced stats.

They still matter to me. Last I looked the teams with the most wins in the regular season advance to the postseason and the team with the most wins in the post-season wins the series. While I agree wins aren't the #1 factor, I actually find it to be an underrated stat, as I view it as being a pitcher who goes deeper into games tends to give themselves more opportunities to win games, etc (controls more of their destiny and there is value of that to an individual). That isn't to say it is the only factor but I think too easily it is ignored because someone's WAR is better.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 24, 2016 -> 06:25 PM)
Probably 20, but again, who knows. He could win 17 and it wouldn't be his fault. Pitching wins are meaningless.

Exactly. He could end up with 17 wins but maybe we still win some of his other starts regardless if he gets the win or not.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 24, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
They still matter to me. Last I looked the teams with the most wins in the regular season advance to the postseason and the team with the most wins in the post-season wins the series.

This is silly. Nobody is saying that wins aren't important. They're obviously the point of the game. Pitcher wins, on the other hand, are not the same thing as wins, and are not terribly important. The rule is convoluted and arbitrary.