White Sox Acquire James Shields

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
Re-reading the title of this thread... I have to laugh at how many completely odd turns this thread has taken.

The posters way of making a catch-all since the mods don't want them. :D

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 04:21 PM)
I'm digging online to try and find something right now. They played a soundbite on The Score a few minutes ago where Hahn specifically mentioned receiving compensation if Shields were to opt out.

Compensation or compensation pick? There's a difference.

Wil Myers or BUST if he (Shields) opts out! Odds of that actually happening...about the same as being able to go for one month without hearing that "Go Cubs Go!" song somewhere.

(Let's hope Hahn didn't agree to take Matt Kemp's contract instead as "fair compensation.")

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 05:22 PM)
Wil Myers or BUST if he (Shields) opts out! Odds of that actually happening...about the same as being able to go for one month without hearing that "Go Cubs Go!" song somewhere.

(Let's hope Hahn didn't agree to take Matt Kemp's contract instead as "fair compensation.")

Heh? Wut?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 05:34 PM)
Kaplan asking Shields if he had any regrets picking SD over the Cubs while he is interviewing him as the newest White Sox. For.The.Love.Of..God.

Dave Kaplan is the absolute laziest sports personality in Chicago.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 05:34 PM)
Kaplan asking Shields if he had any regrets picking SD over the Cubs while he is interviewing him as the newest White Sox. For.The.Love.Of..God.

See...it is garbage like that which makes you hope they never win anything and that fans like Kaplan never see a Cubs World Series Championship in their lifetime. What cocky, little prick. Horrible, horrible sports reporter and host. He is a completely biased idiot and completely unprofessional.

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 06:15 PM)
I have heard multiple who work with Kaplan talk about him and he's apparently just a genuine awesome person with sources out the ears.

He's a homer to special level.

I have heard the same thing. But there was no place for that question in the welcome to the White Sox interview.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 06:15 PM)
I have heard multiple who work with Kaplan talk about him and he's apparently just a genuine awesome person with sources out the ears.

He's a homer to special level.

When your job revolves around giving compelling interviews with people, you should have more insight than the Cubs when it comes to those questions. If not, that is just lazy.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 04:26 PM)
Yeah, his mound is just too clouded with the Cubs.

Mound or mind?

???

Indian mounds? Or of the feminine variety?

Speaking of Mounds, it would be nice if they had those here in China...or at least an Almond Joy.

Perky mounds, of course.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
For the record, I think EJ will be better in SD than Shields was. I also think Shields won't be any better than Latos or Gonzalez. And I think it's dumb to give up a young guy like Tatis Jr for a fringe starter.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
Looked like a gas can against the Sox in spring training and he hasn't been any better in the regular season. An ERA above 4 in the NL is terrible especially in that pitcher's park.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
This point is hilariously s***ty.

Not my fault you are horrible at evaluating talent. The truth sucks doesn't it?