Albers Must Go

BaconOnAStick

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 27, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
He's the catalyst for this collapse. Fair or not (though its completely fair...he sucks) its time. He hasn't had an uneventful appearance in weeks. He is not an option no matter how big the lead is.

If Rollins makes the play even an average SS makes the inning is completely different.

Doesn't hurt so bad when you expect to lose like I do. When they took the lead I said to myself, "They'll find a way to f*** this up." Sure enough, they did.

Try it sometime.

Edited by aryzner

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
He doesn't need to go, but he should only be used in low leverage situations until he proves otherwise.

So that would be when the Sox have a 20 run lead. It spells mental midget. There must be some guys on the farm who will never make it that could do the same thing. Sounds like a wasted roster spot or everyone gets a trophy.

QUOTE (aryzner @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:38 AM)
Doesn't hurt so bad when you expect to lose like I do. When they took the lead I said to myself, "They'll find a way to f*** this up." Sure enough, they did.

Try it sometime.

True. Last 3 years I've learned to expect to lose. Again at 23-10 it was so 'different.' I was starting to get used to non dysfunctional baseball. Tonight didn't shock me or anger me in the least. It was obvious we were cooked after the Rollins keeping the ball in his mitt. Funny thing is we were up 5-1. You'd think Royals would be close to chalking it up to one of those 60 u gonna lose every year no matter what.

Rollins didn't really have a play anywhere. That wasn't his fault. He makes a bad throw trying to get Dyson running at second (and there's no way he could have gotten him) or throwing it down or the line or into the stands, everyone is ALL over him.

It was the right play at that moment, as frustrating as it was to eat that ball.

Paulo Orlando must have lowered his career average against the Sox to around .350. Progress.

I think the essence of the game (and both teams) was the fact that Eibner's mom was going crazy in the stands when he laid down that sacrifice bunt....the same exact reaction as if he'd poked a three run homer into the fountains.

Eibner was also the one to get the Gatorade bath, not Hosmer. When's the last time something like that happened with a White Sox player getting a hero's treatment by the media for bunting runners into scoring position? Can't think of a time, ever. And the Royals were already leading 6-5, so it's not like he put the runners into position for Hosmer's go-ahead hit.

How many DH's have you seen put a sac bunt down? (I watched the video again and it was pretty clear his mom didn't really start getting ecstatic until after the crowd's reaction was so over-the-top for a sac bunt...seems she was confused at first why they were so happy.)

Edited by caulfield12

To be fair, some of the hits off of Albers were doinks, abetted by Rollins' lousy defense. He can't hit right handed pitching at all, his D shows his age, and Cooper/Ventura insist that he play 5/7....maybe it's Rollins who should get the DFA.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 28, 2016 -> 06:57 AM)
To be fair, some of the hits off of Albers were doinks, abetted by Rollins' lousy defense. He can't hit right handed pitching at all, his D shows his age, and Cooper/Ventura insist that he play 5/7....maybe it's Rollins who should get the DFA.

Yeah, I'm not sure I put that much blame on Albers. That was an ideal situation to use Jones and Robin failed to do so.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 28, 2016 -> 08:05 AM)
I don't think any shortstop would have had a play at second. I think he had a possible play at first though.

Offer Albers and Rollins to SD for Alexei.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 28, 2016 -> 07:05 AM)
I don't think any shortstop would have had a play at second. I think he had a possible play at first though.

Not at all. One of the fastest players in the league was at 1B (Dyson) and Rollins didn't realize that and acted like he would have had a play at 2B. Mental error