Fire everyone

Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
There is a big difference behind an erosion, and a huge hit to the fan base, ala White Flag.

White Sox fans are a bitter lot, and would absolutely flee in droves over another massive sell off.

They would come here and post :huh:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have posted on this site for years that many posters totally miss the boat on attendance. Big market teams like the Yankees Red Sox Dodgers etc. have huge numbers of corporate season tickets. Not corporate boxes but grandstand seats. I can speak from experience as a long time New Englander that numerous successful businesses have 4-8 seat blocks in Fenway. Chicago is a big city so I would assume the Cubs must be getting the corporate seats in Chicago. I know when I visited a major Bank in town on business in 2003 they offered me Cub tickets during my stay.

Corporate tickets better absorb down periods in on the field success. They also provide much higher up front money for the team than sales throughout the season. The downside for fans is that they also raise the prices of tickets for the fan who does not have access to corporate tickets. When I am in Tampa, 2 tickets to a Rays game are about $40 which is about the price of parking close to Fenway. Large market vs small market.

Edited by SCCWS

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 05:11 PM)
There is a big difference behind an erosion, and a huge hit to the fan base, ala White Flag.

White Sox fans are a bitter lot, and would absolutely flee in droves over another massive sell off.

Think more like 1997 to 1998.

That massive selloff occurred when they were 3.5 games behind at the end of July. If the Sox sell off when they're 8 or 9 games behind, the bitterness won't be there.

Realistically, I think that this current squad has until the summer of 2018 to do something. Even if they don't sell off players at that point, the soon-to-be expiring contracts will force the rebuild.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)

Think more like 1997 to 1998.

Here we go again - SS2K5 maligning an entire fan base comprising thousands and thousands of people he doesn't even know. Yet he feels compelled and dare I say empowered to slander so many people. Un-frickin'-believable that he continues pushing such miserable condemnations about so many people with whom he has no data points to make such statements.

STOP ALREADY!

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:26 PM)
Here we go again - SS2K5 maligning an entire fan base comprising thousands and thousands of people he doesn't even know. Yet he feels compelled and dare I say empowered to slander so many people. Un-frickin'-believable that he continues pushing such miserable condemnations about so many people with whom he has no data points to make such statements.

STOP ALREADY!

Bitter much?

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:35 PM)
That would be you, Colonel Misery. You are the only one around here always speaking in terms of misery, bitterness and angst. Seems to be your favorite topics.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AAAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AAAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who is the one obsessed with whining and moaning about perceived bitterness about thousands and thousands of people you don't even know?

YOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOU

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:48 PM)
Who is the one obsessed with whining and moaning about perceived bitterness about thousands and thousands of people you don't even know?

YOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOU

You can't be serious. This has got to be a long term troll job. Well done.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
You can't be serious. This has got to be a long term troll job. Well done.

Oh, I'm quite serious. You derail one thread after another with your baseless accusations about "others" - not yourself - but "others" about what you perceive to be misery, angst, and bitterness. You are obsessed with the topic. Meanwhile, the irony of all ironies is that you are the one exhibiting misery, angst, and bitterness with all of your constant harping on this made-up nonsense.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:55 PM)
Oh, I'm quite serious. You derail one thread after another with your baseless accusations about "others" - not yourself - but "others" about what you perceive to be misery, angst, and bitterness. You are obsessed with the topic. Meanwhile, the irony of all ironies is that you are the one exhibiting misery, angst, and bitterness with all of your constant harping on this made-up nonsense.

You pick fights with all the wrong people. What's worse is you never make much sense.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 06:36 PM)
That massive selloff occurred when they were 3.5 games behind at the end of July. If the Sox sell off when they're 8 or 9 games behind, the bitterness won't be there.

Agree with this.

Mark

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 11:08 PM)
This has probably already been posted, but still...

https://twitter.com/scottlindholm/status/740747126972518400

It's a lot more common around baseball now that starters aren't expected to go past the 6th inning. If a game gets out of hand, it's a valid strategy to protect the pen and prevent having to make a roster move. Necessary evil in some cases.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 12:11 AM)
It's a lot more common around baseball now that starters aren't expected to go past the 6th inning. If a game gets out of hand, it's a valid strategy to protect the pen and prevent having to make a roster move. Necessary evil in some cases.

It's also common around baseball that you shouldn't burn through 4 BP pitchers per night, but Robin has done that like hot cakes.

Thank GOD for Sale and Q.

QUOTE (CB2.0 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 11:31 PM)
It's also common around baseball that you shouldn't burn through 4 BP pitchers per night, but Robin has done that like hot cakes.

Thank GOD for Sale and Q.

Yes, it isn't pitchers throwing awfully, it is Ventura.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:55 PM)

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 06:36 PM)

Realistically, I think that this current squad has until the summer of 2018 to do something. Even if they don't sell off players at that point, the soon-to-be expiring contracts will force the rebuild.

My biggest dislike for Lamont at that time is when they faced the Indians one of the starters was a call up from the farm. You put a minor league player is a decent chance to fail and not having your best chance at winning. It was Ruffcorn and he was valued by every organization and the guy never really made it.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
My biggest dislike for Lamont at that time is when they faced the Indians one of the starters was a call up from the farm. You put a minor league player is a decent chance to fail and not having your best chance at winning. It was Ruffcorn and he was valued by every organization and the guy never really made it.

I don't think Scott Ruffcorn ever had even a good inning as a White Sox.