Tim Anderson Called up...Rollins DFA'd

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 12:17 AM)
I bet deep down Rollins was glad to get released. Had to be the worst experience of his baseball career I'd think playing with this woe-begone team. This has to be one of the worst hitting team in Sox history. It's like the 60s when the mound was lower.

lol. omg, dude. stop. Jimmy Rollins was/is monkey turd. He simply can't play the game of baseball anymore.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 10:21 PM)
lol. omg, dude. stop. Jimmy Rollins was/is monkey turd. He simply can't play the game of baseball anymore.

Monkey turd? Jesus man... If I find something offensive you're really taking insults to a higher level.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 12:38 AM)
Monkey turd? Jesus man... If I find something offensive you're really taking insults to a higher level.

oh give me a break. i'm black. lol. that wasn't anything racial. monkey s***? hippo s***? racoon s***? whatever. he is a terrible baseball player at this point of his career. greg actin' like he was performing and nobody else was. lol.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 10:42 PM)
oh give me a break. i'm black. lol. that wasn't anything racial. monkey s***? hippo s***? racoon s***? whatever. he is a terrible baseball player at this point of his career. greg actin' like he was performing and nobody else was. lol.

You haven't been posting lately much. Darn.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 11:17 PM)
I bet deep down Rollins was glad to get released. Had to be the worst experience of his baseball career I'd think playing with this woe-begone team. This has to be one of the worst hitting team in Sox history. It's like the 60s when the mound was lower.

The fact that Rollins was still playing at age 37, with tens of millions in the bank and a WS ring on his finger, strongly implies that he really enjoys playing baseball. I seriously doubt that he wanted to be released.

Edited by Black_Jack29

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
The fact that Rollins was still playing at age 37, with tens of millions in the bank and a WS ring on his finger, strongly implies that he really enjoys playing baseball. I seriously doubt that he wanted to be released.

It has to be hell playing for the White Sox right now with their record the last month or so.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 12:17 AM)

Do you actually believe the s*** you spew out on a daily basis?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)
It has to be hell playing for the White Sox right now with their record the last month or so.

Or maybe Rollins really likes playing professional baseball and doesn't freak out like you do when his team goes from first place to .500 ball 1/3 of the way into the season.

Get a grip.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 10:22 PM)
Or maybe Rollins really likes playing professional baseball and doesn't freak out like you do when his team goes from first place to .500 ball 1/3 of the way into the season.

Get a grip.

The Sox have lost something like 9 series in a row. The team has lost some of the most bizarre ways in club history. The team has not hit, has not pitched in the five week stretch. It is not a stretch to conjecture Rollins has to be glad to be out of Chicago.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 11:57 PM)
The Sox have lost something like 9 series in a row. The team has lost some of the most bizarre ways in club history. The team has not hit, has not pitched in the five week stretch. It is not a stretch to conjecture Rollins has to be glad to be out of Chicago.

False.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 12:57 AM)

I don't agree. Rollins has 2 small children so having to find a new team after only 2 months in Chicago could be very disruptive to a young family. You may think it is a like video game but there are family issues involved in many of these changes. Hopefully it works out for him.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 06:03 PM)
And the timing isn't that bad at all considering it's the end of the school year across the country...could have been much worse.

Still have a feeling that they stayed behind with their mother and didn't move to Chicago.

That's my guess as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 08:49 AM)
Having seen Anderson for a few days now, his swing and his approach really remind me of Alfonso Soriano. Really long arm action and coverage.

Hands not nearly as strong though. Soriano was a freak of nature with hands as strong as they were.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 08:49 AM)
Having seen Anderson for a few days now, his swing and his approach really remind me of Alfonso Soriano. Really long arm action and coverage.

DA called that comparison his first game.

Man his line drives are smoked though. You can see how much pressure he puts on a defense. Their reads need to be right on because he can easily turn a single into a double with one bobble or misplay.

I know he hasn't been up with the Sox long, but it is so refreshing to see a position player brought up through the system and do well. The Sox have seemingly done the right thing with him. Drafted three years ago, worked his way up through the minors, and now getting a chance with the club.

He's been a spark for the team, and the combination of him leading off with Eaton batting second is great.