Texsox

24 members have voted

1. 1. Using Kulbler-Ross's Five Stages of Grief for this Sox season

• Denial and Isolation
    • Anger
    • Bargaining
    • Depression
    • Acceptance

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
depression.

No hope or idea who will fix this or how they can do it.

Agreed.

I'd add in a little "acceptance" because until I see people moved or fired, I will assume that the FO doesn't take it serious so why should I expect anything better?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
Gotten to the point where it seems like anything they do won't matter or save us this season.

Eventually they will snap out of it, it may be too late at that point, but it will happen. Like James Shields, no team is 10-25 bad.

I've been at acceptance since the meltdown against KC. I remember the next day we were up by a few runs late in the game. I was expecting that we'd find a way to blow and and sure enough, we did. I wasn't even bothered at that point. Just numb to the pain.

Exactly, "Flavum". That's the point. It's much more important how the front office feels. They will likely try to fix it, but it's hard to have any confidence in them, at this point. They have made so many bad decisions, that they may be better served by not doing anything. Perhaps they should just stop digging themselves deeper into the hole, in which they have put themselves, until they can come up with a viable strategy, going forward.

Edited by Lillian

I want an organization that builds through it's farm system. I cringe every time we acquire another veteran. I wanna wake up one day and see everyone has been relieved of their duties. I wanna see new minor league instructors being hired, I wanna see draft picks being valued, I wanna see players coming via Latin America. I'm sick and tired of acquiring veterans whose best days have come and gone.

I'm at the stage of apathy/laughter at how bad this team is. I've definitely stopped watching the standings.

One caveat however. I get very upset for a few seconds when they lose again to a Central Division team, especially the Royals. I calm down in about a minute when I realize it is what it is.

Other than that I realize we don't have the team and just laugh/accept how embarrassingly bad they are.

I don't really have any favorite players except Anderson maybe, hoping he clicks. And of course Q and Sale. I despise all our relievers except Robertson. I'm OK with Frazier, like Anderson, don't like Lawrie, feel bad that Abreu isn't better, don't like Avi, apathetic toward Eaton, don't like Melky, don't like either catcher, don't like Shuck.

Again as far as laughter, this Shields thing is priceless. I mean this guy is arguably the worst pitcher in baseball and the Sox felt they had to pay what, 27 mill of his salary? Just crazy.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
I'm at the stage of apathy/laughter at how bad this team is. I've definitely stopped watching the standings.

One caveat however. I get very upset for a few seconds when they lose again to a Central Division team, especially the Royals. I calm down in about a minute when I realize it is what it is.

Other than that I realize we don't have the team and just laugh/accept how embarrassingly bad they are.

I don't really have any favorite players except Anderson maybe, hoping he clicks. And of course Q and Sale. I despise all our relievers except Robertson. I'm OK with Frazier, like Anderson, don't like Lawrie, feel bad that Abreu isn't better, don't like Avi, apathetic toward Eaton, don't like Melky, don't like either catcher, don't like Shuck.

Again as far as laughter, this Shields thing is priceless. I mean this guy is arguably the worst pitcher in baseball and the Sox felt they had to pay what, 27 mill of his salary? Just crazy.

This is actually very much in line with my thinking. Went from utter shock to a depression to simple apathy. Baseball season being over in June is so bad yet typical the last few years.I will still watch and go to games but I'm not emotionally that invested anymore.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 01:33 PM)

"without question"