June 23rd Game Thread: White Sox @ Red Sox 12:35pm CT

GGajewski18

The only consistent thing about the Sox is the inconsistency. Pitch well...can't score. Score runs...can't pitch for s***.

But in reality when you twice have the bases loaded and nobody out and don't score, you're begging to get beat...and they did.

Robin better hope the starters go deep this weekend. Bullpen is blown out and is a mess. Albers simply has lost it. Astonishing how far he fallen in two months and that contract extension Kenny Hahn gave Jones isn't looking great right now either.

Speaking of Kenny Hahn, Robin gets a lot of crap (deservedly so) but he really doesn't have any type of bench to go to. Sox may have the worst in the league, Kenny Hahn didn't give him a lot of depth have they?

Three out of four is nice but it also would have been nice to get back to the living and over .500.

Mark

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 04:35 PM)
The only consistent thing about the Sox is the inconsistency. Pitch well...can't score. Score runs...can't pitch for s***.

But in reality when you twice have the bases loaded and nobody out and don't score, you're begging to get beat...and they did.

Robin better hope the starters go deep this weekend. Bullpen is blown out and is a mess. Albers simply has lost it. Astonishing how far he fallen in two months and that contract extension Kenny Hahn gave Jones isn't looking great right now either.

Speaking of Kenny Hahn, Robin gets a lot of crap (deservedly so) but he really doesn't have any type of bench to go to. Sox may have the worst in the league, Kenny Hahn didn't give him a lot of depth have they?

Three out of four is nice but it also would have been nice to get back to the living and over .500.

Mark

this...pissing away a game like this is pretty much a microcosm of this season. If you can't score with bases loaded an nobody out not once...but TWICE ...that's pathetic. Not sure what else I would have done different today if I was Robin...besides yanking Shields after he opened the inning walking Ortiz (even tho he got squeezed). How many games has this team literally pissed away this year?...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 05:06 PM)
The one thing the White Sox are CONSISTENTLY good at is playing just well enough when things are seemingly going south to keep everyone employed and the hamster/gerbil spinning on that wheel another year.

Not really in it, but not completely out of it.

Stuck in the middle. Same arguments everyone is having about the Bulls' situation going forward.

I'm starting to think it's a business decision from the top and they want it that way. Do just enough to give the impression to the fans the team will contend but not really go all out financially to make this team a consistent winner.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 05:28 PM)
What is purpose of shuck? Seriuosly?

When saladino went in to run for avila, navarro should have hit for schuck.

The purpose of Shuck is because there's no one after Eaton to play center with Jackson out. So Saladino, clearly the better hitter over Shuck, is limited to brief PR stint in a 10 inning game.

Overall, 5-9, plus the bench, is weak to below average at best

I think the Braintrust of Kenny Hahn, Coop, and JR are trying, I just think collectively they are in over their heads

Regarding the frustration over the DH, the front office has already committed to a DH. They are most likely going to rely upon Morneau to fill both that hole, as well as the need for a left handed hitter. The obvious other hole to fill is another outfielder. Given the lack of depth in the farm system, I still think Braun makes the most sense, as he could probably be acquired without giving up much talent, providing J. R. is willing to take on all of that salary. Adding those two bats to the order, would transform it into a respectable offense.

The lineup could look like this vs. RHP:

CF Eaton

LF Braun

1B Abreu

DH Morneau

RF Cabrera

3B Frazier

2B Lawrie

C Avila

SS Anderson

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 06:51 PM)
The purpose of Shuck is because there's no one after Eaton to play center with Jackson out. So Saladino, clearly the better hitter over Shuck, is limited to brief PR stint in a 10 inning game.

Overall, 5-9, plus the bench, is weak to below average at best

I think the Braintrust of Kenny Hahn, Coop, and JR are trying, I just think collectively they are in over their heads

Could Saladino handle RF? His bat alone would probably be worth the switch.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 05:51 PM)
Regarding the frustration over the DH, the front office has already committed to a DH. They are most likely going to rely upon Morneau to fill both that hole, as well as the need for a left handed hitter. The obvious other hole to fill is another outfielder. Given the lack of depth in the farm system, I still think Braun makes the most sense, as he could probably be acquired without giving up much talent, providing J. R. is willing to take on all of that salary. Adding those two bats to the order, would transform it into a respectable offense.

The lineup could look like this vs. RHP:

CF Eaton

LF Braun

1B Abreu

DH Morneau

RF Cabrera

3B Frazier

2B Lawrie

C Avila

SS Anderson

I hope Morneau can still play 1B. Abreu needs to be a DH, even though he doesn't like it.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 06:55 PM)
Could Saladino handle RF? His bat alone would probably be worth the switch.

That Shuck, a hitter in the 190's, came up twice critical game situations, with no one to ph for him, is an embarrasment

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 09:21 PM)
That Shuck, a hitter in the 190's, came up twice critical game situations, with no one to ph for him, is an embarrasment

So did Anderson and Eaton. Eaton had a pretty good series but he was hitting .280 ish and didn't deliver either.

I believe the announcers said the White Sox have won more World Series titles in the last 90 years than they swept series in Boston. 3 out of 4 on the road is a solid week.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:34 PM)
So did Anderson and Eaton. Eaton had a pretty good series but he was hitting .280 ish and didn't deliver either.

I believe the announcers said the White Sox have won more World Series titles in the last 90 years than they swept series in Boston. 3 out of 4 on the road is a solid week.

Either way I'll take my chances with Saladino in at least one of those Shuck AB's

I'll take 4 of 4 and not piss away a game. As opposed to a "solid week"

Edited by captain54

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 07:34 PM)

Sox last swept a four game series in Boston in 1927 I believe.

Mark

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)
What is the purpose of Avi? He's had almost 250 PA and his wRC+ of 81 is actually WORSE than last year.

I'm sick of these bums. Why are we the only f***ing org that cannot find a cheap, halfway productive DH? Scouting, that's why. Scouting and player development.

Avi's batting 360 with MOB.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 05:08 PM)
Here we go...nobody can even figure out who to blame, as it's really genius in terms of front office construction to insulate both KW and Hahn from criticism.

No, it's not that hard. Why do you insist on blaming a person. These decisions aren't made by one person. They work together blame them both. This is not insulating THEM from criticism. Criticize the moves from the FRNOT OFFICE and bring out the fire and pitch forks to fire BOTH OF THEM. If you blame KW, Hahn is off the hook. In reality neither should be insulated from criticism but by blaming one, you are doing that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 03:03 PM)
Purke should have been last guy in the pen. What were they saving Ynoa for

I thought Robin should have brought Jennings in instead of Albers since the 1st guy Albers faced was Bradley. Why not go for the lefty lefty match up ? Instead Albers wets the bed allowing 2 inherited runners to score and 2 of his own,Of course the Lawrie error didn't help and they gave Ramirez a hit on that. Should 've been an error all the way. A good throw gets him.

The home plate ump Demuth did a decent job until Jones came in, then he started missing pitches all over the place and with Robertson too.

Everybody sucked, the Sox, the Red Sox and the umps. Sox just sucked more when they had the chance to pile on runs. Maybe Shuck should've bunted the 2nd time he was up with the bases loaded and 0 outs.