Rizzo=0.955/0.833

Pederson=0.851/0.617

Pujols=0.855/0.707

Donaldson=0.844/1.011

bryant=0.848/0.867

machado=0.886/0.832

Fielder=0.924/0.742

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 07:02 PM)

Before playing home run derby/ after playing home run derby

Frazier=0.922/0.644

Rizzo=0.955/0.833

Pederson=0.851/0.617

Pujols=0.855/0.707

Donaldson=0.844/1.011

bryant=0.848/0.867

machado=0.886/0.832

Fielder=0.924/0.742

How'd Abreu do the second half of 2014 compared to the first half when he chose not to participate? Most on here were glad he didn't do the derby in fear it would hurt him in the second half. If he had participated, everyone would have pointed at the derby as the reason why he wasn't hitting the same. Could be other factors we just don't know.

Edited by chisoxfan310

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 07:06 PM)
Could be other factors we just don't know.

We don't know. My numbers are probative, but prove nothing.

But why take the chance for something as daft and ridiculous as home run derby? What's the priority? Fun and games, or winning a division?

Frazier has just been getting his complete offensive game together.

I will also point out that the rules changed last year to a time clock system, which requires significantly more energy.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 08:37 PM)
We don't know. My numbers are probative, but prove nothing.

But why take the chance for something as daft and ridiculous as home run derby? What's the priority? Fun and games, or winning a division?

Frazier has just been getting his complete offensive game together.

I will also point out that the rules changed last year to a time clock system, which requires significantly more energy.

I guess not everyone takes a fun game like baseball as seriously as White Sox fans.

While we're here, the time clock system is awesome and made the Home Run Derby enjoyable for the first time since Griffey and Thomas.

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 07:06 PM)
How'd Abreu do the second half of 2014 compared to the first half when he chose not to participate? Most on here were glad he didn't do the derby in fear it would hurt him in the second half. If he had participated, everyone would have pointed at the derby as the reason why he wasn't hitting the same. Could be other factors we just don't know.

Abreu was .972/.948.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
I guess not everyone takes a fun game like baseball as seriously as White Sox fans.

While we're here, the time clock system is awesome and made the Home Run Derby enjoyable for the first time since Griffey and Thomas.

It depends on one's definition of fun. I like watching baseball. Home run derby is just batting practice.

Sure the time clock makes it exciting...it's like watching a sprint v. a jog.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 07:02 PM)

Before playing home run derby/ after playing home run derby

Frazier=0.922/0.644

Rizzo=0.955/0.833

Pederson=0.851/0.617

Pujols=0.855/0.707

Donaldson=0.844/1.011

bryant=0.848/0.867

machado=0.886/0.832

Fielder=0.924/0.742

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/...?client=safari#

That's cool he's in the contest. I don't care if he slumps the second half. It's not like this team is a true contender. Have fun and maybe he'll get that home run stroke going. s***, he tries to hit a home run every at bat anyway. Might as well enter.

To think a major league baseball player is going to suddenly "undo" his swing that he has worked on his whole life because he spend 20 minutes one night trying to hit baseballs as hard as he can is unbelievably overblown and stupid. I can't handle all the "NO! HE WILL MESS UP HIS SWING AND SUDDENLY BE BROKEN" comments I see about this event every year.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 03:32 AM)
To think a major league baseball player is going to suddenly "undo" his swing that he has worked on his whole life because he spend 20 minutes one night trying to hit baseballs as hard as he can is unbelievably overblown and stupid. I can't handle all the "NO! HE WILL MESS UP HIS SWING AND SUDDENLY BE BROKEN" comments I see about this event every year.

Probably the most sensible thing I've read here in awhile.

QUOTE (Yoda @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)
I wasn't going to watch the Home Run Derby but now I will. I know a lot of White Sox fans here won't admit the same.

I still probably won't watch it. It's so boring, and exposure to Chris Berman makes me think mean thoughts.