Multiple Dallas police officers shot at anti-police protest

LittleHurt05

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "we shall overcome" hashtag was way over the top...any time you throw MLK's legacy into current times, it's not going to end well for a police group.

The irony is that the non-violent protest strategy pioneered by Gandhi and MLK against police and military forces was exactly what allowed the Civil Rights struggle to reach a tipping point where the majority of white/silent America became appalled at the lack of humanity shown by those who were supposed to be protecting ALL Americans, equally. Bull Conner, George Wallace, fire hoses, police dogs, etc.

Not in good taste at all, and borderline incendiary in today's politically-charged climate.

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/us/nra-polic...ings/index.html

LOL.

NRA will reserve comment (on the Minnesota case) until after the results of the investigation come out.

Just like they didn't do at Ruby Ridge or the more recent situation in Oregon.

For that matter, has the NRA commented EVER when "minority/non-white" victims were involved in these situations the NRA has spent hundreds of millions of dollars over decades to defend (right to carry)? Is the NRA going to defend the rights of African-American protesters in Dallas to carry assault rifles in the streets, too (Texas law/statute)? Why not?

Seems they have boxed themselves into a corner. And just calling for more "law and order," that's really going to "demilitarize" this entire struggle...sure!!!

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/07/08/ne...ack-in-america/

Newt Gingrich, on the plus side, finally said something most everyone can agree with...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 05:05 PM)
Cops will now reply with blowing a few blacks away.

I f***ing hope not. Where is the love people. I had a long conversation with a random group on the L today. Maybe I'm just from too diverse of an area but I appreciate everyone. I don't get the people who don't.

ELE. Everyone love everybody

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/us/nra-polic...ings/index.html

LOL.

NRA will reserve comment (on the Minnesota case) until after the results of the investigation come out.

Just like they didn't do at Ruby Ridge or the more recent situation in Oregon.

For that matter, has the NRA commented EVER when "minority/non-white" victims were involved in these situations the NRA has spent hundreds of millions of dollars over decades to defend (right to carry)? Is the NRA going to defend the rights of African-American protesters in Dallas to carry assault rifles in the streets, too (Texas law/statute)? Why not?

Seems they have boxed themselves into a corner. And just calling for more "law and order," that's really going to "demilitarize" this entire struggle...sure!!!

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/07/08/ne...ack-in-america/

Newt Gingrich, on the plus side, finally said something most everyone can agree with...

f*** them. I am a lawful gun owner and I hate their values and retorts. I wouldn't attack and AR-15 in a video game let alone real life. It's like they aren't in the real world. The answer is arming many many less people legally. I should have to jump through hoops to obtain a murdering instrument. It's way too easy.

Not that it's much of any consolation, but, in terms of racial relations...it's PROBABLY better that it was a lone gunman rather than a country-wide social media-driven conspiracy to attack police forces across the country with multiple "spotters" and co-conspirators in every large city.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 06:44 AM)
God damn Joe Walsh is an awful person

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/j...ticle-1.2703883

577f7881c3618829568b45c6.jpg

When I first read the quote and saw the name, I thought for a second it was the Eagles guitarist great, lol.

So glad it wasn't him.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 05:35 PM)
The "we shall overcome" hashtag was way over the top...any time you throw MLK's legacy into current times, it's not going to end well for a police group.

The irony is that the non-violent protest strategy pioneered by Gandhi and MLK against police and military forces was exactly what allowed the Civil Rights struggle to reach a tipping point where the majority of white/silent America became appalled at the lack of humanity shown by those who were supposed to be protecting ALL Americans, equally. Bull Conner, George Wallace, fire hoses, police dogs, etc.

Not in good taste at all, and borderline incendiary in today's politically-charged climate.

Otoh something that helped mlk was that he had guys like Malcolm x as a counterbalance

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 08:55 AM)
Otoh something that helped mlk was that he had guys like Malcolm x as a counterbalance

BLM has Obama as a counterbalance (who can't be perceived as being too "easy" on Africans-Americans, otoh he's often called an "Uncle Tom" so there's no winning no matter what he does vis a vis race relations). The theory is that Obama's moderation/centrism becomes more acceptable as result of leftist assaults.

Not quite the same as the 60's, when you had the Black Panthers pushing the envelope by the time Malcolm X was assassinated...with Malcolm X (after he was kicked out of the Nation of Islam by Elijah Muhammad) much more moderate/less incendiary and King more frustrated and almost radical after his problems organizing in Chicago and Albany, GA.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-questions-...--politics.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-amato/r...html?yptr=yahoo

Guiliani has lost ANY respect and good will he built up in America after 9/11, pretty hard to do as a former top-polling candidate for president of the United States just four and one-half years ago.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)
BLM has Obama as a counterbalance (who can't be perceived as being too "easy" on Africans-Americans, otoh he's often called an "Uncle Tom" so there's no winning no matter what he does vis a vis race relations). The theory is that Obama's moderation/centrism becomes more acceptable as result of leftist assaults.

Not quite the same as the 60's, when you had the Black Panthers pushing the envelope by the time Malcolm X was assassinated...with Malcolm X (after he was kicked out of the Nation of Islam by Elijah Muhammad) much more moderate/less incendiary and King more frustrated and almost radical after his problems organizing in Chicago and Albany, GA.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-questions-...--politics.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-amato/r...html?yptr=yahoo

Guiliani has lost ANY respect and good will he built up in America after 9/11, pretty hard to do as a former top-polling candidate for president of the United States just four and one-half years ago.

Rudy Guiliani has always been a fraud. Glad people are finally starting to see that now.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 10:09 AM)
Rudy Guiliani has always been a fraud. Glad people are finally starting to see that now.

You'd think the guy who was mayor over the most diverse city in the world would be smarter.

I don't post offen but have been a Soxtalk daily reader since 2003. I signed up on this site when I was 15. I am now 28. Soxtalk has always been my place for Sox news. I am a Southsider and moved to Dallas a few years ago but catch the Sox everytime they are here in Arlington.

I am active Dallas PD. I have been on for 4.5 years and currently work in the division where 6 of the officers were killed/injured. I lost 3 of my good friends that I worked alongside day by day, rode bikes with, made significant arrests with, helped people, ate dinner with and had personal relatioships with.

The officers lost were great guys. The three killed were in my assigned squad. I was scheduled to be at work Last Thursday and would have been right next to them. However, I took the day off because I took my wife's friends back to the airport that night and soon thereafter my phone began to be flooded with calls and texts.

We have received an overwhelming amount of support from the DFW community and across the nation.

I ask support/prayers/thoughts from my Soxtalk community as I bury two more of my friends the next two days.

Edited by BurlyMan56

QUOTE (BurlyMan56 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)
I don't post offen but have been a Soxtalk daily reader since 2003. I signed up on this site when I was 15. I am now 28. Soxtalk has always been place for Sox news. I am a Southsider and moved to Dallas a few hours ago but catch the Sox everytime they are here in Arlington.

I am active Dallas PD. I have been on for 4.5 years and currently work in the division where 6 of the officers were killed/injured. I lost my 3 of my good friends that I worked alongside day by day, rode bikes with, made significant arreste with, helped people, ate dinner with and had personal relatioships with.

The officers lost were great guys. The three killed were in my assigned squad. I was scheduled to be at work Last Thursday and would have been right next to them. However, I took the day off because I took my wife's friends back to the airport that night and soon thereafter my phone began to be flooded with calls and texts.

We have received an overwhelming amount of support from the DFW community and across the nation.

I ask support/prayers/thoughts from my Soxtalk community as I bury two more of my friends the next two days.

I'm sorry for your loss in this senseless tragedy. This is awful.

QUOTE (BurlyMan56 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)
I don't post offen but have been a Soxtalk daily reader since 2003. I signed up on this site when I was 15. I am now 28. Soxtalk has always been my place for Sox news. I am a Southsider and moved to Dallas a few years ago but catch the Sox everytime they are here in Arlington.

I am active Dallas PD. I have been on for 4.5 years and currently work in the division where 6 of the officers were killed/injured. I lost 3 of my good friends that I worked alongside day by day, rode bikes with, made significant arrests with, helped people, ate dinner with and had personal relatioships with.

I'm sorry for your loss. Be safe sox brother.

I can't even imagine. Prayers for all of you guys and families.

Thank you for sharing your story. I will keep you and your friends/their families in my thoughts.