7/8/16 - Braves @ White Sox - 7:10 - CSN+

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Insp @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 04:11 AM)
Why? He's been doing just great batting leadoff. Are you being negative just for the sake of being negative again?

No sir. I LOVE Anderson. But a leadoff hitter has to draw some walks and it's embarrassing, flat out embarrassing that he won't do it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)
No sir. I LOVE Anderson. But a leadoff hitter has to draw some walks and it's embarrassing, flat out embarrassing that he won't do it.

Embarrassing? Really to who. Some random guy from Kansas on an internet board doesn't approve of his plate discipline. Maybe he will retire. LOL

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 07:58 PM)
I guarantee you there was never a game they combined for five hits as White Sox.

You're wrong.

April 3rd, 2013: Beckham went 4 for 4, and Flowers had a hit. There's five.

May 6th, 2014: Beckham went 4 for 5, and Flowers had a hit.

May 20th, 2014: Beckham had three hits, and Flowers two.

July 25th, 2014: Beckham had two hits, and Flowers three.

June 3rd, 2015: Beckham had two hits, and Flowers three.

Hope you didn't bet the house.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
Sure enough the Beck runs losing this game right now.

Robin has done it all year. He's a clueless clown but Eaton had his chance and there were others. Tonight is on Sale and the pen. Embarrassing loss.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 04:18 AM)
Embarrassing? Really to who. Some random guy from Kansas on an internet board doesn't approve of his plate discipline. Maybe he will retire. LOL

You don't think it'd be better to flip flop Eaton and Anderson? Or bat him sixth? It's embarrassing that drawing a walk is not part of his repertoire.

Nothing to do with Anderson ... but embarrassing loss tonight. Sad.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 04:30 AM)
Robin has done it all year. He's a clueless clown but Eaton had his chance and there were others. Tonight is on Sale and the pen. Embarrassing loss.

Robin is OK, but he lacks urgency and competitiveness and it hurts the team. Someday if we have so much more talent than every other team, he'll be a perfect manager for that team.

It just amazes me how many ex-White Sox just KILL the White Sox when they get a chance. It's just uncanny. I mean we're talking Beckham and Flowers here, two of the biggest disappointments the Sox have had in a while.

If Flowers and Beckham do any more damage this series, I'd fire Robin just for that. Or Cooper. I mean my gosh people, Flowers and Beckham? Arguably two of the 10 worse ballplayers in the league (if they were still in AL).

I think a Manager should protect his starters by pulling them out when they are struggling and give up a lot of runs in early innings or when they are getting whacked for multiple home runs. Pitchers need to have confidence and allowing them to get taken apart and riddled like Sale was is not a good idea.,,,,especially when it against former team mates and a shiddy team like the Braves.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:34 PM)
Robin is OK, but he lacks urgency and competitiveness and it hurts the team. Someday if we have so much more talent than every other team, he'll be a perfect manager for that team.

Why is Beck pitching in a game we actually have a chance of winning? The Braves are terrible and the Sox easily could've tied this one back up. Seriously I don't want to see a pitcher of Beck/Carroll's caliber ever again unless we are losing by more than 5-6 runs after the 6th inning. Robin is such a terrible manager of the bullpen it's laughable. He doesn't have the rookie manager excuse anymore he's repeated the same mistakes long enough now that it's obvious he doesn't get it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 09:58 PM)
Beckham and Flowers are a combined 5 for 8 with three RBIs, lol. I guarantee you there was never a game they combined for five hits as White Sox. Ridiculous, Sox scouts take a bow.

Or the pitchers just decided that it's the Braves and they don't need to take the scouting report seriously. I'd lean toward it actually being on the scouts though since our team looks abysmal against ALC teams that we actually need to beat.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 06:28 AM)
I think a Manager should protect his starters by pulling them out when they are struggling and give up a lot of runs in early innings or when they are getting whacked for multiple home runs. Pitchers need to have confidence and allowing them to get taken apart and riddled like Sale was is not a good idea.,,,,especially when it against former team mates and a shiddy team like the Braves.

I agree leon, but Sale is a different cat. You can't yank him out of a game when he's struggling before he hits 90-100 pitches, at least gets through five innings. Sale freaks out like a handful of pitchers do. He's barked at Robin before. I actually think Robin hooked him at the right time. Wasn't it after the eighth run or ninth? Even Sale can't disagree there, but I know what you are saying.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 06:33 AM)
Why is Beck pitching in a game we actually have a chance of winning? The Braves are terrible and the Sox easily could've tied this one back up. Seriously I don't want to see a pitcher of Beck/Carroll's caliber ever again unless we are losing by more than 5-6 runs after the 6th inning. Robin is such a terrible manager of the bullpen it's laughable. He doesn't have the rookie manager excuse anymore he's repeated the same mistakes long enough now that it's obvious he doesn't get it.

Very frustrating. Robin seems to give up way too often and he gave up tonight again. The Sox the last 3-4 seasons have had so many bad pitchers it really has had an effect on our not making the playoffs. Some of these guys like Carroll and Beck and others are so bad I truly believe some Soxtalkers could get hits off them.