CEO of Guaranteed Rate seems like a good guy

InTheDriversSeat

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 08:47 AM)
You throw them in the same sentence with EpiPen, Tiger Woods, and Weiner. You claim they need to go on a humanitarian mission to restore their image.

Here are a couple of your quotes from the other thread:

Wonder how many predatory lending cases/lawsuits they've been involved in...ala Countrywide?

Great, the Uber of loan companies. Will fit right in with Sox plans, schemes and off-season themes...

LMAO

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 07:47 AM)
You throw them in the same sentence with EpiPen, Tiger Woods, and Weiner. You claim they need to go on a humanitarian mission to restore their image.

Here are a couple of your quotes from the other thread:

Wonder how many predatory lending cases/lawsuits they've been involved in...ala Countrywide?

Great, the Uber of loan companies. Will fit right in with Sox plans, schemes and off-season themes...

And yet none of those individuals have done anything illegal. They are the butt of lots of jokes around the country. That was the parallel.

Maybe it's a bad thing to aspire to something more than a discount loan company. So I guess we're supposed to believe they're the most honest and ethical firm out there...in that particular field...when almost every single financial/lending institution colluded together in similar deceiving and predatory practices 8-9 years ago?

Let's just say the industry has been unsavory for a long time. Perhaps they're the most ethical company out there and we'll be getting bombarded with testimonials all offseason of Sox media personalities financing their loans through Guaranteed Rate.

Maybe SoxTalk should approach them about giving a 5/100's point discount if a board member says they heard about the promotion here.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 08:07 AM)
Better crooked than a Cub fan.

I can just imagine that visual....this guy and his kids celebrating at Wrigley Field in October while there's another photo juxtaposed in the Tribune of Guaranteed Rate being carved into the concrete at 35th and Shields.

At least he doesn't own Waste Management.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 09:25 AM)
I can just imagine that visual....this guy and his kids celebrating at Wrigley Field in October while there's another photo juxtaposed in the Tribune of Guaranteed Rate being carved into the concrete at 35th and Shields.

At least he doesn't own Waste Management.

Christ the things you worry about. Who cares if he is a cubs fan. Is his cash green? Can it help the club? Thats about as far as it goes on this. its the same principal when players are signed from the local area. OMG was he a cubs fan or a sox fan. Who cares.

Am I thrilled with the name. No. Just like I wasn't thrilled with the name when a cell phone company bought the naming rights. The park however looks amazing with the funds the cell phone company paid for the naming of it.

All I want is for them to build a consistent winner. If this helps them do that or helps with the ballpark experience then its worth it.

QUOTE (InTheDriversSeat @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 10:36 PM)
ChiSox59, you have your opinion, I have mine. But it is a well known fact that CEO's can be compensated by corporate boards (with salary, stock options, and bonuses) that are hundreds of times more than what regular employees are making, while performance is not commensurate. Not comical / inaccurate at all.

Read this to find out the outrageous amounts that CEO’s are getting paid:

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13463357/4/...much-money.html

Victor Ciardelli seems like a regular guy. He started and built privately held ‘guaranteed Rate’ on his own, and wasn't brought in from the outside and given hundreds of millions of dollars from a corporate board of directors, like other CEO’s.

I'm not a big CEO guy either. Somehow our country's workforces have turned into paying one CEO a gazillion dollars and the little guys get hosed on lousy benefits, salary, vacation and the like. I don't like it. Companies think they are doing the little guy a favor just by matching 401K's anymore for gosh sakes. Most don't even match 'em. Disgraceful.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
And yet none of those individuals have done anything illegal. They are the butt of lots of jokes around the country. That was the parallel.

Maybe it's a bad thing to aspire to something more than a discount loan company. So I guess we're supposed to believe they're the most honest and ethical firm out there...in that particular field...when almost every single financial/lending institution colluded together in similar deceiving and predatory practices 8-9 years ago?

Let's just say the industry has been unsavory for a long time. Perhaps they're the most ethical company out there and we'll be getting bombarded with testimonials all offseason of Sox media personalities financing their loans through Guaranteed Rate.

Maybe SoxTalk should approach them about giving a 5/100's point discount if a board member says they heard about the promotion here.

Yea, Countrywide never did anything illegal. Pretty sure you brought up enron also. Just stop already, you know nothing about Guaranteed Rate and you are just throwing s*** at the wall because you dont like the name