2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 01:51 PM)
Any of those people conspiracy theorists? Just make it real simple

First guy on the list, Andrew Basiago, is a complete nut job. Among his claims are that he is a time traveler that has traveled to the future and knows he is going to win an election someday and that Obama has visited Mars. Sounds like a great candidate for Greg.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 04:43 PM)
Just more proof the Hillary email found on Weiner's computer letter, was a politically motivated act, and was totally unnecessary, all the emails turned out to be duplicates or personal emails. Edward Snowden showed how that could be determined in minutes.

Dick are you serious? Politically motivated? Comey even said she lied the first go-round. You have to check EVERYTHING involving a Clinton.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 04:57 PM)
But I read an article that says she is hiding something and all of this looks bad. There was a guy on Rush Limbaugh's show that went into all sorts of details on why this is so shady. Let me ask you, do you think that she will be effective for her 8 years while her daughter gets political experience or will she be indicted and go to prison? I just don't see how anyone can vote for her as she is the worst candidate ever. I think Trump is awful too but she is on another level. I will likely just write in Ozzie Guillen since he knows how to get people excited.

I approve of this post. Do you guys read wikileaks? Do u listen to Alex Jones? Do u listen to Limbaugh?? Ever? A lot of people agree with me on this anti Hillary stuff. Come back to me and apologize during the impeachment hearings please. She and Trump are both crooked IMO.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 06:23 PM)
You are aware that in Kansas your write in vote will not even be counted if that person has not filed as an official "write in candidate" right?

Here's a list of people that have officially filed with the state of Kansas.

Andrew Basiago

Darrell Castle

Rocky De La Fuente

Rocky Giordani

James Hedges

Tom Hoefling

Lynn Kahn

Gloria La Riva

Michael S Levinson

Michael A Maturen

Evan McMullin

Monica Moorehead

Darryl Perry

Marshall Schoenke

Joe Schriner

Mike Smith

Ajay Sood

Shawna Sterling

Anthony Valdivia

J.J. Vogel-Walcutt

Demetra Jefferson Wysinger

So if you really do want to try and make some sort of point by writing in I advise you to research those people and actually vote for one of them so your vote is at least counted.

Thank u. These people applied to be president?? What's the point? Insane.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 06:32 PM)
Take out the women and than repost that for Greg. Save time

I have nothing against a woman president. But Hillary Clinton? Please. How bout Dole's wife? I'd have voted for her probably. Guys I don't want Hillary to be a liar and shady character. But she is and we have to deal with it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
Thank u. These people applied to be president?? What's the point? Insane.

What's the point in writing in your vote if it's not going to be counted? Is that also not insane? Writing in John Kasich or Jesse Ventura is the equivalent of writing in Greg775. It means nothing.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
what happened to Bayh in Indiana? He had been looking pretty comfortable for awhile there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix...-to-much-worse/

Not shocking. Came out he didn't stay at his Indiana condo once in 2010 (last year in senate). Too busy saying he was above politics and raking in money from his consultant gig. Above it All Baye.

From @kurteichenwald

Contributing editor, Vanity Fair; senior writer, Newsweek:

Today, I will be reviewing in periodic tweets the findings of my 6 mos. of investigations of Trump. If u wish to argue, marshal facts.

The tweets will be presenting my findings from my Trump investigations in the order they were reported in @Newsweek.

See his timeline to read through a laundry list of why Trump is a lying piece of garbage.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
Is that the guy who said computers can't store 650k emails yesterday?

Yes, which was dumb, but he's also broken several stories that would be substantial if not campaign-ending for any candidate but Trump such as Trump violating the Cuban embargo. Him and Farhenthold have done a ton of great work this year but it's largely gone under-reported.

I would like to say as we enter Election Day, I realize we already know the results. Hillary has won. I've read enough stories about past elections to know that the candidates already know who has won because of the polls, etc. I can't remember which candidate for the life of me, but I remember reading one candidate had to put on a good face for the public when he voted at 9 a.m. one year cause he knew he'd already lost.

That said, I congratulate those of you who voted for Hillary. No hard feelings on my end. I am truly disgusted that it's come to having another Clinton in the White House (you know my opinion is for 8 years), but from this point on I will wish for the best. I hope she has an awakening and decides to be the best leader we've had since Reagan (sorry but I don't think anybody else has really LED, though I do love Jimmy Carter). I hope Hillary wakes up and fixes the problems with Obamacare. We truly have a sick health care system. I'm sure she'll do OK with foreign affairs. Nobody can predict what the nutcases around the globe will do.

I hope now that Hillary has fulfilled her dream and gotten the job she's always wanted, she decides to screw politics and decides to LEAD. What I'd like is a.) better healthcare. b.) improved economy. c.) taking care of military and seniors.

She can forget about the social issues for now and fix those three things. I pray she is truly wanting to make a difference and not just throw up her hands (in some ways like Obama), give up and say, "I cant work with those gawddamn Republicans" and loaf for eight years.

So in brief, please forgive me for my weeks of Hillary hatred. As an American I will support her. If I were to meet her I would shake her hand and say something nice to her.

Good luck Hillary Clinton. Prove me wrong and bring us back to greatness. If I have offended any of you with my posts and my anger toward our country nominating and electing Hillary, I apologize.

LEAD US OUT OF THE ABYSS HILLARY CLINTON. Good luck to you and please do your very best to lead America back to greatness!!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 09:52 PM)
I would like to say as we enter Election Day, I realize we already know the results. Hillary has won. I've read enough stories about past elections to know that the candidates already know who has won because of the polls, etc. I can't remember which candidate for the life of me, but I remember reading one candidate had to put on a good face for the public when he voted at 9 a.m. one year cause he knew he'd already lost.

That said, I congratulate those of you who voted for Hillary. No hard feelings on my end. I am truly disgusted that it's come to having another Clinton in the White House (you know my opinion is for 8 years), but from this point on I will wish for the best. I hope she has an awakening and decides to be the best leader we've had since Reagan (sorry but I don't think anybody else has really LED, though I do love Jimmy Carter). I hope Hillary wakes up and fixes the problems with Obamacare. We truly have a sick health care system. I'm sure she'll do OK with foreign affairs. Nobody can predict what the nutcases around the globe will do.

I hope now that Hillary has fulfilled her dream and gotten the job she's always wanted, she decides to screw politics and decides to LEAD. What I'd like is a.) better healthcare. b.) improved economy. c.) taking care of military and seniors.

She can forget about the social issues for now and fix those three things. I pray she is truly wanting to make a difference and not just throw up her hands (in some ways like Obama), give up and say, "I cant work with those gawddamn Republicans" and loaf for eight years.

So in brief, please forgive me for my weeks of Hillary hatred. As an American I will support her. If I were to meet her I would shake her hand and say something nice to her.

Good luck Hillary Clinton. Prove me wrong and bring us back to greatness. If I have offended any of you with my posts and my anger toward our country nominating and electing Hillary, I apologize.

LEAD US OUT OF THE ABYSS HILLARY CLINTON. Good luck to you and please do your very best to lead America back to greatness!!

I still am not convinced she's won yet with how close the battleground states are. And even if she does win, Trump will take his followers and continue to challenge results and her rhetoric. I have a feelings that the republican congress won't work with her either.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/04/opinions...nion/index.html

Read the last third Greg, "Clinton Fatigue."

Clinton is afraid to argue for globalization because it flies in the face of labor unions and protecting the jobs of American workers...it would be simple to articulate that the average American family saves hundreds, if not thousands per year because of it, and how much slapping a 45% tariff on every good exported from China would take from the disposable income of every American without returning a single job.

She can't blame corporations for maximizing profits or protecting their gains in off shore shelters because it's not her nature, or that of her husband. Lip service, sure. What it comes down to is that corporations have a "moral duty" to consider the consequences of their actions...that they wouldn't exist in America without the unique freedoms and protections provided by the Constitution, and that short term revenue gains from developing markets for their products are at least partially offset by losing 5-10 million blue collar American families in the chase for growth at all costs over the last twenty years or so.

That's a Bernie Sanders argument, and the main reason those under 30 are voting at rates approaching 25-30% less than 2008 and 2012, while Republicans the same age are actually more energized and involved again.

I voted as soon as my polling place opened, there was a line, it took about 20-30 minutes (far shorter than it took to early vote). Line was nowhere near as long as it was in 2008, that took a lot of the people away. I don't know what it's like later in the day though.

Forward, not backward

Upward, not forward

And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

7wOKR.gif

November 8, 2016. The man turned into the elementary school parking lot and pulled into an empty spot. He wore rumpled clothes and reeked of stale bourbon. Flecks of cigarette ash clung to his stained shirt. His hair stuck out at odd angles and dark bags hung under his eyes like full trash-bags left dangling from the side of a dumpster. Any other day, a swarm of concerned adults would descend upon this man the moment he set foot on school property, but today was election day.

"Over," he muttered to himself. "Finally over."

Inside, he presented his ID to the poll watcher and received a ballot. A faint smile crept over his face as he approached the curtained voting booth. He threw back the curtain and the smile dropped.

Instead of a table and pen, there was a door. It swung open as he stepped closer. He saw his coffee table, with a fresh glass of bourbon sitting on a coaster. Otherwise the table was empty. He frowned. When was the last time he'd used a coaster? For that matter, the last time he'd cleaned that table? CNN played on the television. His eyes wandered to the date.

June 16, 2015.

A scream lodged in his throat. He tried to turn, to back away, but unseen hands pushed him forward towards the door.

"No!" His voice was raw. A tear ran down his cheek. "No, not again!"

On the television, Donald Trump descended his escalator.

Edited by StrangeSox