Frazier to Boston Rumors getting heavy

whitesoxwinner

QUOTE (yesterday333 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 08:22 AM)
So I am thinking I should just come to the grips with the fact that I will be distracted from everything in life until the trade deadline passes. its going to be a long couple of weeks.

I literally called work this week and said, "doc my next check for two weeks pay because I'm unable to focus currently due to personal circumstances".

Not joking.

Edited by hi8is

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (yesterday333 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:22 AM)
So I am thinking I should just come to the grips with the fact that I will be distracted from everything in life until the trade deadline passes. its going to be a long couple of weeks.

Hahaha yeah I'm studying for the Bar exam and legit can't stop checking twitter. Test is in a week and I'm busy posting in Soxtalk.

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 08:29 AM)
Hahaha yeah I'm studying for the Bar exam and legit can't stop checking twitter. Test is in a week and I'm busy posting in Soxtalk.

You can turn twitter into the "logic games" section:

1) Ken R says...

2) Bob Nightgals says...

3) Brian Bilek says...

4) Buster Olney thinks...

5) Jon Heyman insists...

;)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 10:44 AM)
You can turn twitter into the "logic games" section:

1) Ken R says...

2) Bob Nightgals says...

3) Brian Bilek says...

4) Buster Olney thinks...

5) Jon Heyman insists...

;)

Hahaha yeah it can definitely feel that way, scouring twitter and reading the tea leaves. Except I love this stuff, unlike the LSAT...

^ raBBit you studying as well?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 10:06 AM)
I am in the midst of the CPA. The hardest test to study for actually. It's awful.

Damn that's brutal dude, best of luck. Hopefully some moves happen soon and then we can go back to focusing on the real world.

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:40 AM)
We're not getting Devers

You are correct! Crazy to think someone everyone is so high on (and rightfully so...) wouldn't crack our top 3 prospects according to some.

Not sure if this was posted yet but saw got on Bleacher Report. Nightingales predictions for the trade deadline. Someone said it was interesting he names Groome and Chavis as the prospects for Frazier and D-Rob, well he doubles up here.

TODD FRaZIER

It’s no secret that the Boston Red Sox committed a huge blunder trading third baseman Travis Shaw to the Milwaukee Brewers during the winter, and even a bigger one when they shelled out $95 million to Pablo Sandoval less than three years ago, only to designate him for assignment last week. It wound up costing them $6.8 million for every home run and $1.6 million every RBI.

They’re now going with a third-base platoon of Brock Holt and Deven Marrero, and are waiting for elite third base prospect Rafael Devers to arrive, but they need to take care of this black hole quickly as possible.

They are trying to decide between Todd Frazier of the Chicago White Sox, who’s a free agent after the season, and Miami Marlin Martin Prado, who still is owed $28.5 million after this year.

Prediction: The Red Sox would love to acquire Frazier and closer David Robertson to be Craig Kimbrel’s setup man, but it would cost No. 2 prospect Jason Groome and No. 9 prospect Michael Chavis. If they instead take reliever Tommy Kahnle and Frazier, they would have to give up only Chavis and a fringe prospect.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/484205001/

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 12:00 PM)
Not sure if this was posted yet but saw got on Bleacher Report. Nightingales predictions for the trade deadline. Someone said it was interesting he names Groome and Chavis as the prospects for Frazier and D-Rob, well he doubles up here.

TODD FRaZIER

It’s no secret that the Boston Red Sox committed a huge blunder trading third baseman Travis Shaw to the Milwaukee Brewers during the winter, and even a bigger one when they shelled out $95 million to Pablo Sandoval less than three years ago, only to designate him for assignment last week. It wound up costing them $6.8 million for every home run and $1.6 million every RBI.

They’re now going with a third-base platoon of Brock Holt and Deven Marrero, and are waiting for elite third base prospect Rafael Devers to arrive, but they need to take care of this black hole quickly as possible.

They are trying to decide between Todd Frazier of the Chicago White Sox, who’s a free agent after the season, and Miami Marlin Martin Prado, who still is owed $28.5 million after this year.

Prediction: The Red Sox would love to acquire Frazier and closer David Robertson to be Craig Kimbrel’s setup man, but it would cost No. 2 prospect Jason Groome and No. 9 prospect Michael Chavis. If they instead take reliever Tommy Kahnle and Frazier, they would have to give up only Chavis and a fringe prospect.

I'm not sure I would sell Kahnle for Chavis + fringe prospect. Chavis has certainly hit well this season, but his defense is still suspect committing 14 errors in 38 games at 3B. He looks like a 1B/DH prospect to me, which limits his value.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 12:08 PM)
I'm not sure I would sell Kahnle for Chavis + fringe prospect. Chavis has certainly hit well this season, but his defense is still suspect committing 14 errors in 38 games at 3B. He looks like a 1B/DH prospect to me, which limits his value.

Someone suggesting that Kahnle + Frazier is a weaker deal than Robertson + Frazier right now hasn't really done their homework. They're just following the bigger name, former Yankee + closer.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:06 AM)
I am in the midst of the CPA. The hardest test to study for actually. It's awful.

Not just the hardest test to study for...the hardest test period.

I took both and without question CPA harder than Bar. Good luck

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 12:10 PM)
Someone suggesting that Kahnle + Frazier is a weaker deal than Robertson + Frazier right now hasn't really done their homework. They're just following the bigger name, former Yankee + closer.

More risk (flop risk) with Kahnle.

I think the value is on the Kahnle side, but the market would price them approximately equally.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 02:51 PM)
More risk (flop risk) with Kahnle.

I think the value is on the Kahnle side, but the market would price them approximately equally.

Have not heard any rumors so far about Kahnle, so not sure what the market thinks. I'm sure Hahn has received interest, but he's not an easy player to assign value to given his breakout season.

I'd be totally open to dealing him, as the "always be trading relievers" saying goes.

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 08:36 AM)
It is interesting how many people think picking up Panda's contract is a good thing. A. Boston is flush with cash and not over the luxury tax. If these prospects are a bargain for $50 million, why would they be in the business of selling them? And B. JR just spent $50 million on a prospect. He certainly isn't going to spend $50 million on another, and neither would anyone here if they actually owned the team.

from a number of places I've seen most have Boston under the luxury tax by 10M. They're going to want to add this deadline and this offseason; Hosmer? and anything after that 10M is going to get taxed at 40% of the AAV it makes plenty of sense to take back panda at 18-35M+ to get a prospect(s) like Groome or Chavis in addition to what Frazier should bring by himself.

Sox payroll this year is dead money might as well pay whatever on Robertson, Frazier and Melky to return the best return and going into '18 if you take out Robertson's contract they're adjusted payroll is 12M, that doesn't include arbitration for Abreu, Avi, Kahnle etc, but still its massive gap from their current adjusted payroll of 106.8M.

No one is saying they're a "bargain" just that the value of Groome and Chavis are roughly 18-19M each and that in taking on Sandoval's dead money Boston gets to continue to add to their team this deadline and offseason with out paying a 40% premium on additions. Groome is likely going to be a level a year pitcher and Chavis is behind their top prospect at 3B and just got to AA himself, take all that into account with the pending free agent class of next year; Hosmer and then the next Donaldson and Machado

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 01:19 PM)
100%. Best of luck to you too.

Thanks and soon enough.

It better. I had no idea what I was getting into with this. Thank you though.

Good luck guys!! I started nursing school in January, so I know the grind lol. Kick ass boys, y'all got this.