Frazier to Boston Rumors getting heavy

whitesoxwinner

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 06:02 PM)
A key to the rebuild is also getting core guys that aren't expected (i.e.: Hendricks for Cubs).

I think we have a nice group of those players with possibility of emerging. I feel a lot better about the surprise group than I did when it included Trey M and Robinson Leyer.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 04:54 PM)
I like what they are doing. And I am hoping that once these deals get done, there will be enough of these kids coming up over the next few seasons to sustain some interest. Moncada should be coming soon, then perhaps a few of the arms. I will continue to cheer on Avi and Davidson and some others that have shown some promise. But yeah, otherwise, this will not be fun.

We won't be relieved much by our other teams either. Every team but the Hawks is in a state of rebuild.

I will say, I enjoy watching this club moreso than the previous several, although I suppose this club has the benefit of no expectations whatsoever.

I was complaining about this last night. Every team I lovew is horrible and rebuilding. Bulls, Bears, Sox, Illinois football, Illinois basketball, and even my high school canceled their football season last year to rebuild. I've been reduced to being a Cubs, Packers, and Cavs hater. Not many good times ahead.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 04:58 PM)
Next year there will at least be a graduation of Lopez (who is currently pitching a gem), Giolito, and Moncada. Maybe we'll get an actual FA flyer gem that plays well for a year. I hear you on the execution. By the books, this looks good, but we haven't had a player absolutely fly the guns blazing like Acuna is right now, or Devers or Benintendi. I guess Kopech could be that guy but he's restricted.

The 2016/2017 draft does make me nervous in terms of hitters. We may have been fooled by advanced college hitters in age advanced or age appropriate leagues performing well for a bit.

But regardless, that draft may have gotten us a lockdown reliever and top 100 pitcher. Collins, if he sticks, has a very low bar to clear to be a top catching prospect. See the stats of some of the other top catchers like Pentecost. The players like Call/Fisher may fail, but we also have Bernardo Flores.

Basically if we get 3 major leaguers from that draft I think it deserves it's praise.

This was the point I was making yesterday. I'd rather us pick 6-10 because our young guys are showing promise than to pick number 2 back to back to back years with no hope.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 07:01 PM)
Could see someone like Adolfo and Delmonico being a few of those guys

For the record I wanna say I LOVE Delmonico offensively. I seen him in person in spring training and I know for sure the dude is a ML hitter. No doubt.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 08:46 PM)
For the record I wanna say I LOVE Delmonico offensively. I seen him in person in spring training and I know for sure the dude is a ML hitter. No doubt.

The White Sox create new league rules to allow 9 DHs and 9 fielders.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 05:39 PM)
I was complaining about this last night. Every team I lovew is horrible and rebuilding. Bulls, Bears, Sox, Illinois football, Illinois basketball, and even my high school canceled their football season last year to rebuild. I've been reduced to being a Cubs, Packers, and Cavs hater. Not many good times ahead.

Story of my life! I'm convinced that's what the Warriors are for now...just claim fandom and feed your need for winning until your "real" teams come around!

I don't think Frazier represents an up grade to either Bosox or Yanks.

Yanks have Torreyes and Headley. Bosox have Lin/Holt/Marerro to choose from, with Devers waiting in the wings.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 07:24 AM)
I don't think Frazier represents an up grade to either Bosox or Yanks.

Yanks have Torreyes and Headley. Bosox have Lin/Holt/Marerro to choose from, with Devers waiting in the wings.

Niether team wants to call up the prospect. I think Frazier would probably play more 1B in NY, but he is definitely an upgrad over Lin/Holt/Marerro. You are buying the ESPN hype if you refuse to see that. He is far superior.

This is speculation from Nightengale but in his column he predicts the Red Sox will get Frazier and Kahnle for Groome and Chavis. I would be ecstatic but I would bet the Red Sox wouldn't give up near that. Also he thinks Robertson goes to the Yankees for (presumably) Andujar.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/c...inez/484205001/

Edited by Sockin

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 10:11 AM)
This is speculation from Nightengale but in his column he predicts the Red Sox will get Frazier and Swarzak for Groome and Chavis. I would be ecstatic but I would bet the Red Sox wouldn't give up near that. Also he thinks Robertson goes to the Yankees for (presumably) Andujar.

It's actually Kahnle he mentions, which might make more sense given that return.

Although I don't think that happens.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 12:11 PM)
This is speculation from Nightengale but in his column he predicts the Red Sox will get Frazier and Kahnle for Groome and Chavis. I would be ecstatic but I would bet the Red Sox wouldn't give up near that. Also he thinks Robertson goes to the Yankees for (presumably) Andujar.

Would love Andjuar for Robertson.

The RedSox trade seems way unrealistic. Okay, if it's Kahnle, it's less unrealistic.

Edited by GreenSox

Regarding the speculated trades of Groome and Chavis for Frazier and Kahnle, plus Andujar from N.Y., for Robertson:

I don't know if someone has mentioned that, in addition to the overly optimistic nature of this return, it seems unlikely that our Sox would be seeking both Chavis and Andujar in these trades. That would add 2 more third basemen to our number one pick in last years draft. You could even add Matt Rose to the list, as he is considered a plus defender, at 3RD, with a power bat. Isn't that a little "overkill" at the hot corner?

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 01:27 PM)
Regarding the speculated trades of Groome and Chavis for Frazier and Kahnle, plus Andujar from N.Y., for Robertson:

I don't know if someone has mentioned that, in addition to the overly optimistic nature of this return, I can't understand why our Sox would be seeking both Chavis and Andujar in these trades. That would add 2 more third basemen to our number one pick in last years draft. You could even add Matt Rose to the list, as he is considered a plus defender, at 3RD, with a power bat. It seems a little like "overkill" at the hot corner.

1. Not all of them will pan out.

2. We have no current MLB 3b

3. They could move to 1b if they truly warrant it

4. Matt Rose isn't a consideration for anything.

We need redundancy at every position, IMO, for this to work. Because we'll also need bullets to get a TOR or Bullpen guy in all likelihood.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 01:27 PM)

I don't know if someone has mentioned that, in addition to the overly optimistic nature of this return, I can't understand why our Sox would be seeking both Chavis and Andujar in these trades. That would add 2 more third basemen to our number one pick in last years draft. You could even add Matt Rose to the list, as he is considered a plus defender, at 3RD, with a power bat. It seems a little like "overkill" at the hot corner.

Who knows what it will look like in a couple of years. I doubt these trades happen, but if they did, so what? It might be ideal to have guys at different positions, but frankly, if all the prospects are going to work out, there isn't much room for any more. Get the best players, let the other stuff sort itself out. DH, position change, trade for some other position are always available.

Ok, I'll concede that Rose probably shouldn't be in the equation, but remember that Moncada can also play there. Of course, these guys won't all work out, but I'd hope they could spread the talent around the field, a little better than that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 01:32 PM)
Who knows what it will look like in a couple of years. I doubt these trades happen, but if they did, so what? It might be ideal to have guys at different positions, but frankly, if all the prospects are going to work out, there isn't much room for any more. Get the best players, let the other stuff sort itself out. DH, position change, trade for some other position are always available.

Really couldn't agree more on this. Would be a great problem if even two of them pan out, let alone one of Chavis, Andujar and Burger.

Would Andujar have the athelticism for LF possibly? His carrying tool on defense is his arm so could be an option. He's a guy that I have really wanted in a deal with the Yankees.

The only thing you have to watch out for is if you get to the point where they are all at the same point in their development curve and you don't have enough affiliates to get them reps/PAs.

I don't know where exactly these guys are, but I am sure it's something we would be cognizant of.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 08:40 AM)
Niether team wants to call up the prospect. I think Frazier would probably play more 1B in NY, but he is definitely an upgrad over Lin/Holt/Marerro. You are buying the ESPN hype if you refuse to see that. He is far superior.

No question offensively Frazier is an upgrade especially in Fenway. But I think the hesitation is Devers. He could be up in a few weeks if his AAA audition goes well. Lin jumped from AA already so I don't think calling up a prospect is an issue. I would guess DD holds off a few weeks and sees how Holt does in Boston as well as Devers in AAA then decides if Frazier is still available.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)
No question offensively Frazier is an upgrade especially in Fenway. But I think the hesitation is Devers. He could be up in a few weeks if his AAA audition goes well. Lin jumped from AA already so I don't think calling up a prospect is an issue. I would guess DD holds off a few weeks and sees how Holt does in Boston as well as Devers in AAA then decides if Frazier is still available.

I watched something the other day, the do not want to call up Devers. They called on Moncada last year and it didn't work out so well. Maybe next season, that is why Frazier's rental status is more appealing.