White Sox trade deadline

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 01:11 PM)
Yeah, I don't get anyone expecting Holland to be traded. His last 10 starts have been every bit as bad as James Shields' starts with the White Sox.

If the White Sox were actually trying to win, he would have been waived by now.

I would say he would have been waived July 9th, heading into the ASB.

His numbers were actually OK in his first 10 starts of the year, even if it was apparent there was a lot of smoke and mirrors going on. He's been awful beyond that.

Unless he finds a way to increase his velocity or he moves to the bullpen, I'd say he's gone the way of John Danks. Danks had just turned 31 when the Sox gave him his pink slip, and he hasn't been back in the majors since. Derek Holland turns 31 in October.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG just over one hour to the deadline and Hahn is going to stand pat at the deadline once again...... lol had to say it

But on a serious note I wish we could find the thread from last year on this day when everyone was absolutely bashing Hahn for standing pat and only moving Duke last year.... Oh what a difference 365 a year can make.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 01:54 PM)
OMG just over one hour to the deadline and Hahn is going to stand pat at the deadline once again...... lol had to say it

But on a serious note I wish we could find the thread from last year on this day when everyone was absolutely bashing Hahn for standing pat and only moving Duke last year.... Oh what a difference 365 a year can make.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100262

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100303

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 12:38 PM)
I could see the Dodgers and Sox having a deal in place for Gonzalez contingent on LA not making a bigger deal. 22 minutes.

This would make a lot of sense. Dodgers absolutely could use an arm and are probably a good system to be dealing with (because their trash can legitimately be another's treasure).

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 02:28 PM)
All seems quiet..not that we have much left.

At this point a White Sox trade would be for the sake of making a trade. Hahn has tapped out all potential resources that we currently have outside of Abreu and Avi.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 02:39 PM)
Who's to say they aren't?

We will find out in 20 but I guess I imagine Gonzo being had for a bag of baseballs (especially since Hahn is looking for an excuse to call up Lopez) so if he's not moved then no one was a player at all.

Maybe the Dodgers have something contingent in line on a Darvish deal not happening. But I feel that Darvish deal will happen and its just contingent itself on the Rangers not finding a better offer

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 02:45 PM)
We will find out in 20 but I guess I imagine Gonzo being had for a bag of baseballs (especially since Hahn is looking for an excuse to call up Lopez) so if he's not moved then no one was a player at all.

But if Jaime Garcia can get Littell...

This is a good trade for both teams that makes sense. Gray has injury concerns but so does two of the three prospects heading to Oakland.

If Garcia and Gray can give the Yanks the pitching boost they need, with that offense, the rest of the league better look out. Damn Yankees are looking dangerous right now.