Danny Salazar

bmags

https://theathletic.com//202710/2018/01/04/...s/?redirected=1

In this, and don't ask me to send you screenshots, Rosenthal says Indians are still interested in moving salazar who has 3 years left.

I've always loved salazar. I have no idea what a guy like him would require to get. He needs to get healthy, we get pitchers healthy (not named Rodon).

Basically, I think yesterday was the most exciting thing that will happen before soxfest, so, yay or nay, would you give up anything for a 28 year old starting pitcher with 3 years left if his name is Danny Salazar.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 11:55 AM)
https://theathletic.com//202710/2018/01/04/...s/?redirected=1

In this, and don't ask me to send you screenshots, Rosenthal says Indians are still interested in moving salazar who has 3 years left.

I've always loved salazar. I have no idea what a guy like him would require to get. He needs to get healthy, we get pitchers healthy (not named Rodon).

Basically, I think yesterday was the most exciting thing that will happen before soxfest, so, yay or nay, would you give up anything for a 28 year old starting pitcher with 3 years left if his name is Danny Salazar.

You could probably buy him at his low point right now, right? I'd imagine Indians would be looking for big league help and they could likely use an OF.

Would you do an Avi for Salazar deal? Hope to get Salazar right and if so either extend him or trade him. If Salazar got healthy and good, he'd probably bring back more than Avi in a deadline deal. I think if the price was prospects, I'd have to pass on anything in our top 10-12.

QUOTE (pablo @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 12:09 PM)
You could probably buy him at his low point right now, right? I'd imagine Indians would be looking for big league help and they could likely use an OF.

Would you do an Avi for Salazar deal? Hope to get Salazar right and if so either extend him or trade him. If Salazar got healthy and good, he'd probably bring back more than Avi in a deadline deal. I think if the price was prospects, I'd have to pass on anything in our top 10-12.

I have a deep affinity for pro ball player for pro ball player trades so the answer is yes.

I feel better about flipping Salazar for prospects than Avi.

Salazar could also end up being a new wade davis.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 12:12 PM)
I have a deep affinity for pro ball player for pro ball player trades so the answer is yes.

I feel better about flipping Salazar for prospects than Avi.

Salazar could also end up being a new wade davis.

I agree, if the Sox got him, I'd put him in the pen and let him have the 8th and then proceed to the 9th if he can handle it.

QUOTE (pablo @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 02:09 PM)

Given that Salazar is at his low point and Avi is at his high point I'd probably look for 1 more piece coming back, like whoever the Indians drafted in the 3rd round last year or something like that, but on paper that's a reasonable match. Gets us several years of control out of it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 03:08 PM)
Given that Salazar is at his low point and Avi is at his high point I'd probably look for 1 more piece coming back, like whoever the Indians drafted in the 3rd round last year or something like that, but on paper that's a reasonable match. Gets us several years of control out of it.

That makes sense - I'd probably do it straight up, but I obviously won't complain about another prospect.

From the Indians perspective, not sure it makes 100% sense. They could use Salazar in the pen this season and then protect themselves in case one or both of Miller and Allen leave next offseason. They do need another bat in the OF though most likely and RH bat fits well with all the lefties they have - Brantley, Chisenhall, Almonte, Zimmer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 04:08 PM)

I mean that seems like wishful thinking but if thats the case sure have at it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 6, 2018 -> 12:15 PM)
Rumor has been Indians asked for Happ for him

Yeah probably not a match haha

The point is that, Danny, if you are listening, I have big plans for you on southside if you can somehow get released.