Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers

TheTruth05

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 09:37 PM)
Hawk was nice for a batter or two. Now he's rambling.

I wonder if Hawk's eyesight is not so good. He was slow to confirm Yolmer had put that baby in play.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 02:37 PM)
Hawk was nice for a batter or two. Now he's rambling.

Yes, in that half inning we learned that Avi should be an MVP candidate, Matt Davidson can hit 50 dongs, and Yolmer is the smartest guy on the team and most dangerous hitter against good pitching.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 03:39 PM)
Yolmer is good folks. Stop sleeping on him.

Word! His defense alone was worth giving him a shot to start the season at third, along with his switch hitting bat. This is a year to let the kids play and he's one of them.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 04:40 PM)
I wonder if Hawk's eyesight is not so good. He was slow to confirm Yolmer had put that baby in play.

He also said they were waving in Abreu, when in fact it was Davidson. Man, I love hearing his voice again, but he is making the right decision to retire now. Heard a lot of those inaccurate calls last year as well.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 03:42 PM)
Yes, in that half inning we learned that Avi should be an MVP candidate, Matt Davidson can hit 50 dongs, and Yolmer is the smartest guy on the team and most dangerous hitter against good pitching.

I know there's a nostalgia factor for a lot of people with Hawk, but I cannot listen to him for more than a batter or two without pressing mute.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 03:42 PM)
Yolmer is the rare (to this point) entirely-Sox-developed farmhand position player success story

Hes essentially our only traditional latam prospect to have an impact in like 15 years?

Using traditional to separate the older, more established league players such as Takatsu, Iguchi, A Ramirez, Abreu, etc.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 03:44 PM)
Yolmer is just gritty, great player to have.

Also helps how he has raised his power. If he can jump that up this year past this .150 plateau that would be interesting.

First 4 years ISO

Last year of course he was able to finally get up to a more respectable obp too, so maybe that's more important.

Hmmm, stay tuned.

Hawk said "no" when Jason said he was gonna go into the crowd and the fans would ask him questions.

They haven't addressed it since. I bet it'll be a between inning conversation whether this will take place.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 03:44 PM)
I could watch Yolmer pick baseballs out of the dirt all day long. He has the best hands I've seen on a Sox middle infielder. Better than Alexei even. I guess Crede would compare.

I mostly love how he is so good at picking it in a place that he can get a good throw off. He doesn't have a rocket arm but it plays well even at 3b because he is always in position to get it out.