CWS Games of Drafted Prospects

GenericUserName

8 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I am opening rooting against the Sox in order to get this pick.

They will end up #2.  

I hate to say this, but the consequences of us getting the #1 pick would be really bad to the future of this franchise.  We know Manny Machado is going to be traded, and the Orioles are already awful with him.  Without him they may challenge the Tigers franchise futility levels.  If the Sox were to fall to that level or worse, that means that a whole of guys in the rebuild absolutely circled the drain to get to that #1 pick.  It would meant that a lot of key guys failed hard in the second half.  Hell I would rather see us get a #10 pick because most likely it means that Giolito, Moncada, Lopez, and others had one helluva second half, which is a great thing going forward.

Realistically, we are probably not going any further down than 2, but no higher than 5 or 6 given how far down we already are.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Adley is far and away the best pro prospect on a team full of them 

Ha, I know. It’s already a done deal if he’s there at 3. Considering the Royals have Perez and the Orioles always need pitching, I guess we can hope they both pass- but they probably won’t. Rutschman is the real deal.

7 minutes ago, flavum said:

Ha, I know. It’s already a done deal if he’s there at 3. Considering the Royals have Perez and the Orioles always need pitching, I guess we can hope they both pass- but they probably won’t. Rutschman is the real deal.

If the Royals pass on him because of Salvador Perez, they are god damn insane. Can't draft for need at the top.

8 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

If the Royals pass on him because of Salvador Perez, they are god damn insane. Can't draft for need at the top.

With Royals loading up on pitching this year, they will likely not hesitate to take offense. Could see them wanting up the middle help though.

Looks like the Beavers are running out of luck...they’ve rallied numerous times this season, though.

Losing Game 1 the way they flee having the chance to blow it wide open, ace on the mound, Madrigal making a key error, that’s not easy to bounce back from.  Heimlich got roughed up his last three times out.