8/24 Game Thread - White Sox v. Tigers

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, fathom said:

What I loved about the Yoan at bat is he didn't take the 2-0 pitch.  He swung hard and did damage.  He's been great with bases loaded.

I don't remember if it's you or someone else who often points out Abreu's high leverage stats as below his career averages (but still respectable), but you/whoever that is may be pleased to know that Moncada seems to be quite good in those situations. His high leverage and clutch stats are way better than his normal stats. When the game is on the line, bases loaded, etc. he becomes a machine. Only swings at strikes, and when he does, he kills them 

• Like 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I don't remember if it's you or someone else who often points out Abreu's high leverage stats as below his career averages (but still respectable), but you/whoever that is may be pleased to know that Moncada seems to be quite good in those situations. His high leverage and clutch stats are way better than his normal stats. When the game is on the line, bases loaded, etc. he becomes a machine. Only swings at strikes, and when he does, he kills them 

That would be me who brought up Abreu's lack of clutch hits, and then located the high leverage stats.  Agreed about Yoan, seems to have a much better strategy in crucial spots than if he's batting in an 8-1 game.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I'm all for tanking, but hard to argue about Yoan and Timmy having a big impact.

Absolutely. Not to mention a decent start from Lopez (bad defense behind him), good relief outings from future guys like Vieira, Fry (hopefully), etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I can not wait until next year when we’ll have Burdi & Hamilton in these situations rather than Juan fucking Minaya.

Minaya did the job though. He hasn't been terrible  for the Sox . Much better lately ERA under 4 now. When he's not walking everyone he been good. Pretty high K per nine , good hits per 9, great HR per 9, real bad walks per 9.

12 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Unrelated but for some reason the way he says "Comerica Park" really bothers me 

Comerica Park is just the right size. I see many parks with three levels in RF or LF and wonder who would want to sit up there. No thanks.