Arizona Fall League - Running Thread - Opens 10/9

NorthSideSox72

Was watching the fall stars game that I dvr'd . Robert grounded out to third his 1st Ab against Forrest Whitley  in the 2nd inning.

Right behind the plate was a guy holding a sign that said" White Sox sign Manny Machado" which I surmised was a plea rather than a statement of fact . Wonder if it's a Soxtalker.

Danny Dopico's first 2 AFL games combined: 1.2 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 0 K

Danny Dopico's five games after that: 8 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 12 K

Dude can be filthy when he's on. Not sure if those first two games were just nerves or lack of prep (he was added to the AFL at the last minute) or if this is just more of his inconsistency, but he's got the stuff to be a major leaguer when he's got it going.

42 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Danny Dopico's first 2 AFL games combined: 1.2 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 0 K

Danny Dopico's five games after that: 8 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 12 K

Dude can be filthy when he's on. Not sure if those first two games were just nerves or lack of prep (he was added to the AFL at the last minute) or if this is just more of his inconsistency, but he's got the stuff to be a major leaguer when he's got it going.

I honestly don't know the name, is he someone who can be a starter or will he another young reliever in our system?

1 hour ago, yesterday333 said:

With Robert playing so well in the AFL does this affect whether he starts at A+ or AA?

Just my opinion, but he only has 140 PA at A+. He needs to start at Winston-Salem. 

Rutherford, Basabe, Call, & Booker should start at Birmingham. 

Luis Gonzalez, Luis Robert,  & Micker Adolfo should start at Winston-Salem. That would be a fun outfield to follow. 

1 hour ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

Just my opinion, but he only has 140 PA at A+. He needs to start at Winston-Salem. 

Luis Gonzalez, Luis Robert,  & Micker Adolfo should start at Winston-Salem. That would be a fun outfield to follow. 

Luis Gonzalez should definitely be in AA. And I think I might push Basabe to AAA to relieve the pressure there for roster space.

But I agree that Robert and Adolfo could use more seasoning in A+.

2 hours ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

Gonzalez needs to start the year in AA.  Adolfo already being on the 40 man & burning options pretty much means he’ll be assigned to AA when he returns from TJS.  I agree that Robert should start in High A though.

6 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Luis Gonzalez should definitely be in AA. And I think I might push Basabe to AAA to relieve the pressure there for roster space.

But I agree that Robert and Adolfo could use more seasoning in A+.

I think Basabe should start of 2019 in AA.  I don’t want to rush a legit prospect and if Micker isn’t ready right away there’s much less of a logjam IMO.  Call and/or Booker can always be pushed to AAA if need be.

From this angle it looks like he actually hit the ball out of the stadium. It heads toward the sign in the outfield but I can't see it bouncing back into the field or down on to the berm.

Edited by skooch
Was a sign not a scoreboard.

Luis Robert is gonna have an Acuna-like rise in the minors. I thought it would happen this year but he couldn't stay on the field. If he stays healthy next year, he'll be knocking on the door of an MLB promotion by August (and will receive the promotion on or around April 15, 2020).

9 hours ago, skooch said:

From this angle it looks like he actually hit the ball out of the stadium. It heads toward the sign in the outfield but I can't see it bouncing back into the field or down on to the berm.

Not only that, but over that extra advertising sign at the top of the stores out there.  That was a moonshot.