'Why isn't there a game thread?" - White Sox vs Tigers, 7:10 PM

ron883

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You shouldn't be able to pass the base runner in front of you. I'm not sure why that's a question. 

I'd actually blame Abreu more than Anderson there. Abreu has the play and everything in front of him - including Tim. 

Tim was in a very inopportune spot. He should have been at least halfway to second. I feel it's for sure Tim's fault.

You shouldn't be able to pass the base runner in front of you. I'm not sure why that's a question. 

I'd actually blame Abreu more than Anderson there. Abreu has the play and everything in front of him - including Tim. 

The question is why any of it matters when the ball has gone over the fence. I'm sure Abreu had no idea it mattered as long as they crossed home in the right order

Exactly. The fact that so many people have criticized Timmy is amazing to me. Not a lot of baseball smarts here. 

4 minutes ago, Jake said:

They really are crediting the catcher with an unassisted putout. The fact that the play defies the scorebook is a good sign the rule behind it is stupid

The exception is for the home run I imagine - because the ball is dead. If that was a fly ball that was dropped for example, both runners would return to their respective bases. 

It's not really a stupid rule - unless you think they should make an exception for a home run. They already allow the runners to score though.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run