White Sox vs Twins 3:12 PM Nova vs Pineda

Kyyle23

12 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I am gathering from most of the comments is it’s time to close up shop for the season and go fishing 

Meh. It's angry hot take Saturday in today's Echo Chamber. Don't think much of it.

Edited by DirtySox

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Neither do I. But the fact that Collins looks so much worse and Hostetler had the audacity to say they'd have taken him 1st is scary. 

You actually believe that?

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Benetti and Stone making excuses for the injury train.

Well yeah we wouldn't be watching Rondon every game or Nova every 5th day if it wasn't for injury. It's not an excuse if it's true

• Like 1

Our team has been okay at scoring runs.. but I really hate the swing at everything approach that most of our guys still use.

When we play other teams they don't get themselves out like we.. besides incompetent starting pitching it's one of our trademarks.

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Well yeah we wouldn't be watching Rondon every game or Nova every 5th day if it wasn't for injury. It's not an excuse if it's true

They were blaming it on being just how the game is nowadays.  Is it possible the Sox are doing something wrong?

8 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Hostetler's comment or that Collins is not a prospect?  Either way he sucks and was a waste of a top 10 pick. I take what NH said with a grain of salt but idk if he's being honest or not. I lean towards no, but i'm not 100% sure that he's lying. 

I haven't thought Collins was a prospect since he hit .229 in  Winston Salem. Wouldn't shock me at all if he goes 1-40 like Palka did. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

The hot take brigade desperately needed some new material.

Maybe Zack Collins will be able to provide it.

You can‘t say waste of a top 10 pick with a straight face in baseball when you check how much career WAR the average first rounder outside the top 3-5 provides.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

You can‘t say waste of a top 10 pick with a straight face in baseball when you check how much career WAR the average first rounder outside the top 3-5 provides.

I don't know how they ever could have thought he was worthy of a 1st round pick. He has a 30 hit tool on his best day. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

So the training/strength staff and the amateur scouting is off limits?  Things are going great then :)

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Jack Parkman: Am I our of touch?

No it‘s the entire baseball industry and scouting community that is wrong.

The Sox have pushed him up the ranks despite his suckage. I would have not promoted him from A+ until he could hit .270 down there. He'd probably still be at Winston Salem if they did that. I wrote him off in October 2017 and I see nothing to say I'm wrong. 

When he makes contact, the ball goes far but he rarely makes contact. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Jack Parkman: Am I our of touch?

No it‘s the entire baseball industry and scouting community that is wrong.

That is like saying that the weatherman is wrong. So neither are true. I'm not out of touch and the scouts are wrong. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Sox have pushed him up the ranks despite his suckage. I would have not promoted him from A+ until he could hit .270 down there. He'd probably still be at Winston Salem if they did that.

Jack Cust who can play catcher in a pinch is a valuable player. Thats my offensive comp for Collins and I’m sticking to it

Jack Cust who can play catcher in a pinch is a valuable player. Thats my offensive comp for Collins and I’m sticking to it

Cust was mini Dunn. Watching Collins try to hit MLB pitching is a joke. 

Edited by Jack Parkman