Cease starts game 1 on Wednesday

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

Can't wait to go to this ga... Oh wait I'm working. 😐

I will be there.

The game I mean 😈

Edited by soxfan49

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

Why game 1? Come on Jerry think of the money

Based on stubhub prices for game 2, that game is already a hot ticket. It might be close to a sell out already

Ugh.  I am going to the game on Tuesday.  Still excited for the young man.  He’s a hard worker and will learn from his mistakes so even if they lose, at least progress on the rebuild is being made.

I kind of predicted this in another thread, but it makes sense. It gives him his first few starts against Detroit, Kansas City, Miami, New York (Mets), and then Detroit again. Ease him in. I like it

5 minutes ago, black jack said:

Exciting, but imo, too soon.

I would've waited until next June. 

Why waste the service time?  I would've waited until the June after next

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

For those who thought that Cease shouldn't be brought up because of his 4.66 ERA in AAA: 

Minnesota's starter today is making his MLB debut after 14 starts this year in AAA where his ERA was 5.71!!!.

Just now, bubba phillips said:

For those who thought that Cease shouldn't be brought up because of his 4.66 ERA in AAA: 

Minnesota's starter today is making his MLB debut after 14 starts this year in AAA where his ERA was 5.71!!!.

Cease could've been bored, could've felt pressure, could've been dealing with a horseshit catcher, and/or definitely dealing with a hitters park in Charlotte. Either way he's been extremely unlucky at AAA. He's ready, and the Sox have thought he was ready since March.

13 minutes ago, black jack said:

Exciting, but imo, too soon.

I would've waited until next June. 

8 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Why waste the service time?  I would've waited until the June after next

Or have him play his whole career in Charlotte?  He is from the South after all.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Cease could've been bored, could've felt pressure, could've been dealing with a horseshit catcher, and/or definitely dealing with a hitters park in Charlotte. Either way he's been extremely unlucky at AAA. He's ready, and the Sox have thought he was ready since March.

I didn't see him pitch in Triple A.  He also could have been working on certain things . so who knows I agree with you..

38 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Based on stubhub prices for game 2, that game is already a hot ticket. It might be close to a sell out already

Would have been smart to say he may start wedbesday or Thursday to sell tickets. 

Hard to argue that Hahn stuck to his plan not to allow MLB needs to affect Cease's timeline

Last year Kopech came up when he went thru struggles then was dealing.  Not sure I have seen Cease straighten back out.  If he is bad, I hope it doesn't hurt his confidence.  I do not disagree he is probably the best option right now.  I wouldn't mind Kubat at some point.  Relatively soft tossing lefties have had success before.

• Like 1