Castellanos to Reds , rumored 4/64M

Bad Hombre

Just now, mqr said:

This lineup would get really rigid for the next 4 years and I’m not in love with the idea of doing that in 2020. 

yes. 

What if his market cratered though? That's one option here. What if sox take the 2nd round pick grenade and give him a 1 year pillow deal a la cubs with Fowler?

1 minute ago, mqr said:

This lineup would get really rigid for the next 4 years and I’m not in love with the idea of doing that in 2020. 

There are pros and cons to that. If they sign Castellanos, that pretty much means Vaughn is a trade chip, as 1B/DH are both clogged with Abreu/Castellanos. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

There are pros and cons to that. If they sign Castellanos, that pretty much means Vaughn is a trade chip, as 1B/DH are both clogged with Abreu/Castellanos. 

If Vaughn has a generational bat, you hope all three produce and likely flip Castellanos in the end.

• Like 4

Woah this is awesome news. Get Cast and this team really has a shot in 2020. 

Cast would rake in Guranteed Rate. 

I didn't think they had the balls to go after Cast after Keuchel and Grandal... will see what happens, but I'd be happy with Puig and/or EE, but I'd be super happy with Cast. 

• Like 3

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Woah this is awesome news. Get Cast and this team really has a shot in 2020. 

Cast would rake in Guranteed Rate. 

I didn't think they had the balls to go after Cast after Keuchel and Grandal... will see what happens, but I'd be happy with Puig and/or EE, but I'd be super happy with Cast. 

Me either.  I'd bet some jobs could possibly be on the line.  Or JR just wants to at least see the playoffs again before he's dead.

1 minute ago, Soxnfins said:

Makes total sense if he comes in and DHs.

Yup, and then they have an awesome trade chip with Vaughn to go get another pitcher, should they need one. 

After watching that MLBN video, I'm pretty excited about Mazara. I've always liked him. I kind of don't want them spending money on Castellanos because they're going to need to lock up Giolito/Moncada (and possibly Mazara if he takes a step forward) 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2