Heads22

Kopech sitting out 2020 - files for divorce

3 hours ago, ptatc said:

He is only in his second year in the league. He was not getting any kind of jump in pay for at least 2 more years. Income would have very little effect on anything. 

And as his financial situation changes child support can be adjusted. 

11 hours ago, hi8is said:

I do know that it is an at fault state, unlike places like here in California.

It is also a no fault state as long as there are irreconcilable differences or living apart for two years. We're surprisingly liberal in getting into and out of marriages. 

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

And as his financial situation changes child support can be adjusted. 

I get that. But since he isn't due for a significant raise for a couple of years, I didn't see how that would change it. If he comes back next year he is on the same path. However, if future earnings potential takes effect at the time of the divorce, it could make a big difference if he pitches.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I get that. But since he isn't due for a significant raise for a couple of years, I didn't see how that would change it. If he comes back next year he is on the same path. However, if future earnings potential takes effect at the time of the divorce, it could make a big difference if he pitches.

I really do not believe he is making career decisions based on trying to limit the amount of child support he would have to pay. If he is, then he's a class A ass in my opinion for wanting to cheat his child out of any support and risking his career. Support your kid to the best of your ability anything less is wrong. It's not like he'll be eating ramen six nights a week no matter when he starts playing again.